Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Trigger11
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2008, 3:37 pm

Do you ever have days where all of your senses seem extra intense? Your skin is crawling? All light is blinding? The slightest noise irritates you? Every single scent is disgusting? Usually these last for a day, but I have been like this for five days and am going freakin' nuts.

ImTheGuyThatDidThat
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2008, 3:47 pm

deleted

Last edited by ImTheGuyThatDidThat on 24 May 2008, 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Trigger11
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2008, 4:00 pm

Exactly!

Lily_cat
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2008, 4:03 pm

find a nice, quiet, dark place to hide out and nap, sometimes that helps, just the absence of everything.

:( hope it gets better

ImTheGuyThatDidThat
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2008, 4:05 pm

deleted

Last edited by ImTheGuyThatDidThat on 24 May 2008, 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Trigger11
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2008, 4:08 pm

I have three kids...no such place exists. Plus I suffer from sleep depravation, so I don't even get relief at night. Every slight sound, including the beating of my heart, the blood pulsing through my Carotid Artery, keep me up. Thanks for the support though. Normal days suck, but days like this are a nightmare, and this has been dragging on since last week.

CityAsylum
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2008, 4:15 pm

I can't get near perfumes and colognes, or any fragrance, without getting blinding optical migraine headaches for days.

I have heard that aspies are more likely to be repelled by fragrances than others. They smell like bugspray :eew: to me, and I can't imagine why they smell good to other people. 8O

It is difficult for me to go anywhere, including movies, restaurants and airplanes, not to mention the office! :x

I have to sit in a room away from co-workers, because they are marinated in perfume, and the men are worse than the women!

Trigger11
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2008, 4:24 pm

I hear that!

Lily_cat
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2008, 4:49 pm

I tend to have earplugs with me when I go to a movie or such, most of my school is perfume/cologne free zones which I am greatful for.

I agree with the bugspray theory, it really does smell like it.

:( have you tried talking to a doctor or such? they may be able to suggest something...

Apple_in_my_Eye
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2008, 4:50 pm

I get that when I'm short on sleep which makes a nice self-reinforcing loop... :x

I usually resort to earplugs, sunglasses, and sometimes a tylenol (though that doesn't seem to help much). And a hat (for the light leaking over the top of the sunglasses. And a towel over the hat (hanging so there's just a slit in the front to see out of). And sometimes a tylenol for eye/ear pain, not that it helps too much.

I guess for me a beekeeper's suit would be pretty good...

Weighted blanket doesn't help the pain so much, but does help me with falling asleep at night in general...

MrSinister
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2008, 4:55 pm

Yeah, I get that a lot of the time - I was doing some tests for a research project about a month ago, and my sense of smell was apparently as good as it was possible to be (even with my nose all blocked up because of a cold!).

I sometimes get very sensitive skin, too, and my perception of colours and tastes can be wildly over-developed.

jawbrodt
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2008, 5:24 pm

ImTheGuyThatDidThat wrote:
Trigger11 wrote:
Do you ever have days where all of your senses seem extra intense? Your skin is crawling? All light is blinding? The slightest noise irritates you? Every single scent is disgusting? Usually these last for a day, but I have been like this for five days and am going freakin' nuts.

Amazing. As if I had written it myself. Yes, I know.. Do you on some of these days find it hard to for example go to the grocery store? I have to look mostly down, as soon as I make eyecontact with someone, I feel an imense feeling of fear. It feels like I in a way see right through them. I can swear I hear them sometimes, without them saying anything. I find it really creapy, because I feel I dont know exactly what it is and that I have 100% control. It really bothers me.

^That "immense feeling of fear", is what I know as a "panic attack". They destroyed a good portion of my life.

Yes, I get the hyper-sensitivity, but it never has lasted more than a day or 2.

Those who know, don't speak.

ImTheGuyThatDidThat
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2008, 5:34 pm

deleted

Last edited by ImTheGuyThatDidThat on 24 May 2008, 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jawbrodt
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2008, 5:39 pm

^The only "fear" associated with my panic attacks, is the fear of having one. The panic attack itself, is an intense, undescribable, experience. Terror, would be a better description.

ImTheGuyThatDidThat
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2008, 5:50 pm

deleted

Last edited by ImTheGuyThatDidThat on 24 May 2008, 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jawbrodt
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2008, 5:53 pm

^ I don't have them very often anymore, but I am curious. How do you "snuff" them out?