Page 2 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2008, 1:31 am

886 wrote:
http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt66905.html

Woah that was weird!! 8O

Well at least you admitted you were sorry.

ImTheGuyThatDidThat
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2008, 1:15 pm

[quote="digger1"]Jeez, now I feel bad.

WP is a place where anyone can and should come to be amongst friends without being ridiculed or getting their balls busted for being a noob.

ImTheGuyThatDidThat, I'm sorry for giving you a hard time. I've gotten my share of hard times too. Please stick around and share your wisdom and anecdotes with us.

please?[/quote]

Dont feel bad. It was as much my fault, and you dont need to appologize. I cot confused becuse I didnt get what you ment to begin with. I have a tendencie to read all tekst on web pages, but I miss alot of buttons and menus for some reason, and its just a few days ago since I stumbled into this place with a big duuh? on my face.

I see there are more people who found my freqvent posts annoying, and I really understand that now. Sorry about that to you, I just didnt think far enough, and never notice this myself if anyone else does it. I just read, but will work on this. Hope that explains it a little. I really wasn`t trying to be a bastard, I have to little social training at this point, been real alone for some years now. This is not a good reason at all, but I hope it takes a little of the "idiot" out of it.

One good example, I guess, I saw this:

People Online:
Visitors: 777
Members: 159
New Today: 12
New Yesterday: 17
Latest: rtk42505

In the menu to the left for the first time a few minutes ago. I suspect this is one of the first things many people see, but I just went right by me. I should sit down and really try to look around I guess, because it is very likely that there`s more things right in front of me I haven`t seen yet. Its a bad habbit of ready-set-go:-read read read read read read read read read read and so on. And it seems like I may filter out some of the "not-so-important-to-me-now" stuff or something without realizing it. Needs work.

If I do something you think is annoying, please let me know, and it will probably stop. (please dont send me a message now to stop breathing.) Theres a chance I am not aware of it myself.

I can assure you that my 156 posts in 3 days, was no attempt of getting higher "rank" fast. I didnt even know about that rank-thing until after post nr. 100. I was in fact holding back a little, because it was new, it could easily have been twice as high. And then, twice as bad. Uh, glad it stopped when it did.

In fact, if there is a web master lurking around these parts, you have my permission to set my "score" to 0. Or -100 if you want to. I really dont care about that.

Last edited by ImTheGuyThatDidThat on 25 May 2008, 3:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.

digger1
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2008, 1:34 pm

good to see you've come back! I was worried.

come, let us break bread.

ImTheGuyThatDidThat
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2008, 1:55 pm

[quote="digger1"]good to see you've come back! I was worried.

come, let us break bread.[/quote]

Didn`t mean to cause any worry. But whatever happens, no one should worry about me. I`ll manage. Sorry about the thing earlier. I`ll try to take it a little slower and look around a bit.

I dont want to start a new thread now, but I`m wondering about something. I read something somewhere here a few days ago, but cant find it. Instead of describing what I read, I`ll just try to ask:

Is this familiar to anyone;

In school, around 10-16 of age, I was the guy you wanted to work on a team projekt with. The other kids in my class really liked to have me on the team. Because then they wouldnt have to do anything. No mather what we did together, it ended up with me saying "look, just give it to me and leave me alone for to days and I`ll do it". And so I did and put everybodys name on it, aced it and everybody was happy, because that was a piece of cake compared to trying to put togheter pieces about the same thing from six different people. My teachers realized it after a while, saw some sign of that, think they wondered why I bothered. But so what who did it. It got done.

Is this a sign of anything or just a "normal" thing?

makuranososhi
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2008, 5:09 pm

I don't know about normal, but certainly familiar... ended up with a semi-permanent "just-let-me-do-it" attitude as a result. Erf.

M.

For those who seek an alternative, it is coming.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

ImTheGuyThatDidThat
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2008, 3:52 am

[quote="makuranososhi"]I don't know about normal, but certainly familiar... ended up with a semi-permanent "just-let-me-do-it" attitude as a result. Erf.

M.[/quote]

I didnt mean that I was superman or anything like that by the way. Just wanted to hear from someone else who did this, because I assume there are more people that do this, but have never met anyone before. It sooo much easier to say "just let me do it, but leave me alone" than to work with someone. Its a relief.

ImTheGuyThatDidThat
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2008, 3:56 am

[quote="886"]I don't think you did anything wrong.

He spammed, you asked him why, then he started swearing at you.[/quote]

Sorry, I didnt know I was spamming. I know now. I thought he was taking a piss at me and responded to fast. Sorry.

ImTheGuyThatDidThat
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2008, 9:16 am

ebec11 wrote:
Spokane_Girl wrote:
I didn't think Digger did anything wrong. He asked him a question and that poster got all pissy about it. I have been wanting to ask him too why he posts many times in a row instead of using an edit button but I am so glad I never asked or else he would have been nasty with me too
Gah, if I had seen this, I would have been yelling at that other guy!

Spokane_Girl:

Need a little help, just have question. Why didnt you ask me? Please dont misunderstand me, Ì dont ask to be "rude" or anything like that. I hope to maybe learn something if you tell me why you didnt say anything when I was bothering you. I`m not gonna post an answer to your reply or anything. Of course I didnt want to bother you, or anyone else. I dont like to bother people but thats all I seem to do sometimes. Hope you understand a little.

Juniperberrygirl
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

30 May 2008, 5:55 am

ImTheGuyThatDidThat wrote:

Didn`t mean to cause any worry. But whatever happens, no one should worry about me. I`ll manage. Sorry about the thing earlier. I`ll try to take it a little slower and look around a bit.

I dont want to start a new thread now, but I`m wondering about something. I read something somewhere here a few days ago, but cant find it. Instead of describing what I read, I`ll just try to ask:

Is this familiar to anyone;

In school, around 10-16 of age, I was the guy you wanted to work on a team projekt with. The other kids in my class really liked to have me on the team. Because then they wouldnt have to do anything. No mather what we did together, it ended up with me saying "look, just give it to me and leave me alone for to days and I`ll do it". And so I did and put everybodys name on it, aced it and everybody was happy, because that was a piece of cake compared to trying to put togheter pieces about the same thing from six different people. My teachers realized it after a while, saw some sign of that, think they wondered why I bothered. But so what who did it. It got done.

Is this a sign of anything or just a "normal" thing?

Is this a thread that you saw or something that has happened to you?

It has happened to me with regard to household tasks when my BF moved in, after approx three months I exploded that he wouldn't help and I didn't want to cook and clean (I like cooking, dislike cleaning bigtime). I took over the task of cleaning because he didn't clean efficiently enough: result: massive rows.

ImTheGuyThatDidThat
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2008, 6:21 am

No, its me :oops: just wondered about others, because have never met anyone who did that. Have no real school papers though, "spaced out" at around 16 somewhere. Would have been nice to have that. I love to do everything, cleaning, cutting the grass, washing the dishes, things like that are soo easy to do, so its almost like a break, because I dont have to think much about what I`m doing, I can think of other things and still get something done. Had a girlfriend many years ago that got stressed out because I did everything, as soon as she started to wash the dishes, I stepped in and took over (if she wanted me to that is). I knew she didnt like to do these things, so made much more sense that I should do it. But stressed her out a little I noticed, so did my best to make it work. Who said it was going to be easy anyway :) hehe

dawndeleon
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2008, 10:45 am

Hey, I am just glad we have someone out there who isnt too chicken to post. I missed all the ugly parts of this. Its a breath of fresh air to get someone new who is ambitious and inquisitive. Glad ya stuck around.

patrick6
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2008, 11:21 am

I was also mean to ImTheGuyThatDidThat and then felt bad and apologized. Why does ImTheGuyThatDidThat make people angry and then make them feel bad for being mean? lol

ImTheGuyThatDidThat
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2008, 11:39 am

Sorry about that, I have a way of rubbing people the wrong way sometimes, quite often actually :) But I try my best to avoid that. Sometimes I just wish people (here I live, not WP) could tell me what it is that`s annoying them, instead of being mad and talking ****. But dont care to much.