I'm the guy who did that to ImTheGuyThatDidThat

Page 1 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

digger1
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2008, 3:33 pm

Jeez, now I feel bad.

WP is a place where anyone can and should come to be amongst friends without being ridiculed or getting their balls busted for being a noob.

ImTheGuyThatDidThat, I'm sorry for giving you a hard time. I've gotten my share of hard times too. Please stick around and share your wisdom and anecdotes with us.

please?

CityAsylum
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2008, 4:47 pm

digger1 wrote:
ImTheGuyThatDidThat, I'm sorry for giving you a hard time. I've gotten my share of hard times too. Please stick around and share your wisdom and anecdotes with us.

please?

:thumleft:

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2008, 5:17 pm

it's ok. I think I saw the thread. Best thing; if someone offers an apology, accept it. If someone explains, try to understand it. And if someone's kidding sometimes...I'll leave one of these...;)

ebec11
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2008, 5:20 pm

What happened?

Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2008, 5:31 pm

I don't think you did anything wrong.

He spammed, you asked him why, then he started swearing at you.

ebec11
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2008, 5:34 pm

8O I have the most curiosity in the world...I need to see the board, or else I'll die of continous thirst.

I hope the situation doesn't/didn't get out of hand :cry:

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2008, 5:35 pm

^I know just how you feel....and I have to pretend not to be curious b/c it gets me into trouble all the time. :(

Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2008, 5:38 pm

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt66905.html

CityAsylum
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2008, 6:50 pm

ImTheGuyThatDidThat wrote:
Why couldnt you just ask me why I did as I did, insted of making statements I didn`t fully understand and calling me things I dont know what is? I didn`t mean to ruin your thread, I just didn`t know that I shouldn`t make more than one post in a row. I`ve never heard of it before. I thought it was all about the smile in the painting.

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postp1457032.html#1457032

The fact is, ImTheGuyThatDidThat apologized, and digger1 graciously posted this apology - that should settle it.

It would be great if people on WP could stop for a minute and remember how they felt when they first came to WP looking for support and understanding, and then if there was a problem they could politely PM the new person, who might not yet be aware of forum etiquette.

Also, as many of us well know, some people here, including new ones, are only a few nasty remarks away from a breakdown (!), so try starting out with a little compassion.

Thanks - that's my speech! :D

24 May 2008, 9:33 pm

I didn't think Digger did anything wrong. He asked him a question and that poster got all pissy about it. I have been wanting to ask him too why he posts many times in a row instead of using an edit button but I am so glad I never asked or else he would have been nasty with me too

I didn't think Digger was unfriendly either. He only explained how to use the edit button and explained what a post whore is. But it was funny when he imitated him. I think he only did it to show how annoying it is and to give him an example of what he is doing with his posts. I don't see how that is wrong.

digger1
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2008, 9:35 pm

that's how I felt too but after thinking about it some, I realized I could have probably put it better considering a lot of us here are pretty fragile and I know what that's like.

24 May 2008, 9:44 pm

Now I'm wondering the people who have been b*****s or bastards to me in the past was actually because of the way I said things and I thought they were all jerks. I know I'm also misunderstood. But I still think some of them are jerks.

preludeman
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2008, 9:45 pm

Mona Lisa , Mona Lisa do you smile to temp a lover? Are you warm are you real?
That is all of the song I know, and yes I will keep my day job. The Vienna Boys Choir did not like me either.

ebec11
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2008, 11:05 pm

Spokane_Girl wrote:
I didn't think Digger did anything wrong. He asked him a question and that poster got all pissy about it. I have been wanting to ask him too why he posts many times in a row instead of using an edit button but I am so glad I never asked or else he would have been nasty with me too
Gah, if I had seen this, I would have been yelling at that other guy!

jawbrodt
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2008, 11:43 pm

Perhaps a clash involving "alpha" males?

An alpha would interpret the original, problem-causing response as, "Hey dumbass, haven't you found the 'edit' button yet? If that is not the case, you must be a 'post whore."

886 posted a link to the original, above.

Just a thought?

Those who know, don't speak.

makuranososhi
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2008, 12:56 am

digger1 wrote:
that's how I felt too but after thinking about it some, I realized I could have probably put it better considering a lot of us here are pretty fragile and I know what that's like.

Ramen. While the post frequency can be irritating, he is also getting familiar in a place that finally feels comfortable. I did a dance - just not in a forum. We all need feedback.

M.

For those who seek an alternative, it is coming.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!