How much does the average girl cost?

Page 2 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

DivaD
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2008, 7:22 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
rekoil wrote:
If I were to look at how much money I've spent since I've been with my wife versus how little I would have spent if I'd been alone it would add up quick. Here's just the big things.

$138000 new house
$33000 new car
$10000 wedding

Add in roughly $700 per month in bills I wouldn't otherwise have, her constantly rotating wardrobe, and anything she has ever wanted to get for our girls. I'd say about a quarter million in five years. And I would gladly double or triple that. She's worth it. :heart: :lol:

I must be a very cheap girl, because I don't want any of those things.

don't forget the $40000 routemaster! :lol:

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2008, 7:25 pm

How much does the average girl cost?

All your attention, autonomy, bravado, compassion, drive, ego, freedom, fun, health, independence, libido, machismo, privacy, reason, sanity, sweat, tears, and wealth.

Paid in full.

Paid in advance.

:cry:

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Tohlagos
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2008, 11:03 pm

Kalister1 wrote:
$5 :o

lol

...seriously, I had a g/f once that things got really serious with. Well, part of the conversation one night revolved around her debt. She had 40,000 in debt from graduate school and living expenses. When I asked her how she planned on paying that off, she simply said, "Your going to do it -with some help from me maybe."

No thanks. :)

Since then, how a woman manages her money is very important to me. If she is the type that lives from paycheck to paycheck, I have a real hard time with that. Oh well, not a big deal, not like I talk to many of them anyway. :)

jawbrodt
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2008, 11:08 pm

Hopefully cheap. :wink:

Those who know, don't speak.

Xelebes
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2008, 12:00 am

Beenthere wrote:
Wow, according to rekoil's statistics :lol: ...I was cheap, but then I'm not average.

Didn't like eating out.
Didn't even care if I went out.
Didn't want jewelry, new clothes, or presents.
No new car, no new house, no big wedding.

$15,000 house
$400.00 car I came with
$75.00 at the JP office

Relationships aren't cheap period though...with me it's always either cost me money or a some of my sanity. What is the price of sanity anyways? :wink:

You can get a house for 15,000? Well, maybe a house that will spontaneously erupt into fire because of poorly maintained electrical and gas systems. The cheapest house I lived in was for 35 000 in 1989. You can't get those prices here anymore.

Purplefluffychainsaw
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Jun 2008, 4:37 am

I think a better question might be how much are boyfriends worth: I just spent over £100 to take mine out for a weekend. <33 Not to mention for the last year I've been spending £11.25 a week to see him on the weekend. (*fails to mention the fact that is currently living with him rent free (although that's because I'm more or less broke - I am paying for food), and owes him £20*)

Plus, in a couple of years time, he's planning on doing a medical degree, and I'll be paying all the bills then.

hartzofspace wrote:

Same here. I shop at thrift shops and second hand stores for nearly everything. I never could understand why people spent so much on weddings, either.

I love buying cheaply, but I would want a good, beautiful wedding. I'd still keep it as keep as possible - I want to make my own and bridesmaids dresses for a start, but I wouldn't be cheap if it meant I didn't get the day I wanted.

ImTheGuyThatDidThat
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2008, 4:44 am

rekoil wrote:
If I were to look at how much money I've spent since I've been with my wife versus how little I would have spent if I'd been alone it would add up quick. Here's just the big things.

$138000 new house
$33000 new car
$10000 wedding

Add in roughly $700 per month in bills I wouldn't otherwise have, her constantly rotating wardrobe, and anything she has ever wanted to get for our girls. I'd say about a quarter million in five years. And I would gladly double or triple that. She's worth it. :heart: :lol:

Thats great man, so good to hear. You`re a smart guy, there`s so much more important
things than money. I would gladly trippel it myself, even if I had to work my fingers to the bone.

rekoil
Raven
Raven

05 Jun 2008, 5:00 am

...GuyThatDidThat understood me. I wasn't saying my wife is greedy or made me spend when I didn't want to. I was just saying that if it wasn't for her I would have saved that much money. I would have lived in free housing, would have eaten the same crappy free food every day, and wouldn't have had any bills. I didn't need a car. I didn't need more than two pairs of pants and a couple t-shirts. I wouldn't have had to pay for anything. And I would have killed myself already.

Beenthere
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2008, 9:28 am

Xelebes wrote:
Beenthere wrote:
Wow, according to rekoil's statistics :lol: ...I was cheap, but then I'm not average.

Didn't like eating out.
Didn't even care if I went out.
Didn't want jewelry, new clothes, or presents.
No new car, no new house, no big wedding.

$15,000 house
$400.00 car I came with
$75.00 at the JP office

Relationships aren't cheap period though...with me it's always either cost me money or a some of my sanity. What is the price of sanity anyways? :wink:

You can get a house for 15,000? Well, maybe a house that will spontaneously erupt into fire because of poorly maintained electrical and gas systems. The cheapest house I lived in was for 35 000 in 1989. You can't get those prices here anymore.

It's possible, and that was in 1998...I can do minor electrical & plumbing and came with my own tools...and trust me I needed them.

They had lamp cord spliced into the overhead wiring, the plumbing needed work, the furnace needed replaced, and the septic had problems, the woman that had it before had dementia and about 20 cats. Trust me, at first glance $15,000 looked overpriced, but it had a beautiful fenced in yard, the worst of the wiring had been updated, and it cleaned up nice.

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2008, 9:59 am

Yeah, I also noticed My social less is much less expensive than the rest's.

Trigger11
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2008, 11:34 am

About $1,200/hour in Nevada!