Page 2 of 4 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

spudnik
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2008, 5:04 pm

TallyMan wrote:
I came across this surfing the web. The picture is apparently of a Chinese market stall. But what is that weird looking animal?

MMMM Road Kill, that looks good for stir fry.
:lol: :lol:
Jerry these are not pet, people in other cultures eat different animals, I am not exactly sure what it is, but its some sort of jungle meat, that you may see in Southeast Asia. It may be shocking to see, but its no different then seeing a pig hanging in the window at the butchers.
Dried Lizards, used in herbal medicine, I don't know what those tubular things are, OMG they are chinese fried monkey erections :lol:

Last edited by spudnik on 03 Aug 2008, 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

velodog
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter

03 Aug 2008, 5:06 pm

I completely agree that you are blameless TallyMan. JerryHatake should be ashamed of himself for taking such malicious glee in trying to get other forum members in trouble with the mods. You reported this thread Jerry and I posted under your malicious post so I am not talking behind your back. You really enjoy trying to get people in trouble don't you Jerry? How about a response from you instead of snitching me to the mods Jerry? Are you trying to get a well liked member banned for your own kicks?

Last edited by velodog on 03 Aug 2008, 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2008, 5:08 pm

spudnik wrote:
TallyMan wrote:
I came across this surfing the web. The picture is apparently of a Chinese market stall. But what is that weird looking animal?

MMMM Road Kill, that looks good for stir fry.
:lol: :lol:
Jerry these are not pet, people in other cultures eat different animals, I am not exactly sure what it is, but its some sort of jungle meat, that you may see in Southeast Asia. It may be shocking to see, but its no different then seeing a pig hanging in the window at the butchers.

You got a point ther spudnik but I just feel weird about this picture in the first place. I'm just want to be sure this isn't against the rules and all, Tally not offense towards you because it was random for you find in the first place.

velodog
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter

03 Aug 2008, 5:12 pm

Do you enjoy getting people in trouble JH?

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2008, 5:18 pm

^Actually what you're saying is completely false because you are making a big deal about this when it can be a little mistake on my part as well as anyone else here. You also assumed that I'm a snitch when in reality I'm not so an error on your account. There are rules here that are guidelines but I feel they must be follow for different reasons. I'm more open-minded than many people think because everyone has a different viewpoint on matters and this could be one itself as well. I believe you went too deep with your comments though because I'm a rational human being who mistakes like everyone else here so it is common sense.

velodog
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter

03 Aug 2008, 5:44 pm

What makes me really skeptical about your motivation with respect to this is not just the volume of complaints you have put in the Moderator attention thread but the fact that you attempted to get DeathChibi in trouble over an anime picture that he posted on July 29th that contained no nudity or violence "just in case". Maybe I'm biased but I have trouble with the idea that TallyMan or DeathChibi are troublemakers. I'm probably pissing against the wind here because I fully expect you to continue with your self appointed "Forum Detective" role. The shame is that you may actually succeed at getting a good member banned with proper perserverence.

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2008, 5:50 pm

^Again, people make mistakes and assumptions because that is how we are as rational human beings. You just ignore my whole point that I made an assumption and its my mistake for doing so as well. You're doing it yourself because I clearly see it in your writing. I'm being rational here and the mods do clarified to me about the things that I report which makes me into a better learner about what is a wrong thread or not.

lau
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2008, 5:59 pm

Two//// Three things:

To Jerry: When you are in doubt over whether something does or does not break the rules, let someone else raise the matter. If no one else objects, then the post is probably not breaking any rules.

To velodog: The word "snitch" is name calling - thus you are breaking the rules. It's also pretty silly.

To TallyMan: Yep. It's a gross picture. It is vaguely unsettling to US/UK/etc to see dog meat, and in a fairly recognisable form. However, it's a different culture, as spudnik pointed out. Here, horse meat is vaguely frowned on. In France, it's normal fare.

To Lau: Posting this is silly. ///// AMONGST the things.....

Hodor
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2008, 6:07 pm

Edible dogs and drama, all in one thread. Can life get any better?

velodog
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter

03 Aug 2008, 6:10 pm

lau wrote:

To velodog: The word "snitch" is name calling - thus you are breaking the rules. It's also pretty silly.

I'll keep that in mind.

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2008, 6:14 pm

lau wrote:
Two//// Three things:

To Jerry: When you are in doubt over whether something does or does not break the rules, let someone else raise the matter. If no one else objects, then the post is probably not breaking any rules.

To TallyMan: Yep. It's a gross picture. It is vaguely unsettling to US/UK/etc to see dog meat, and in a fairly recognisable form. However, it's a different culture, as spudnik pointed out. Here, horse meat is vaguely frowned on. In France, it's normal fare.

Understood, lau and thank you for clarified the whole situation about this. I'll keep your words in mind when I feel weird about a post next time in the future. I also agree with spudnik about it is a different cultural matter as well and will respect it as well.

Followthereaper90
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2008, 6:50 pm

its still not a dog :roll:

velodog
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter

03 Aug 2008, 7:40 pm

Followthereaper90 wrote:
its still not a dog :roll:
Then what do you think it is?

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2008, 4:18 am

lau wrote:
Here, horse meat is vaguely frowned on. In France, it's normal fare.

I got caught out with that many years ago at a Monsters of Rock festival in Germany. There was a "burger" van selling beef steaks in bread rolls. I got one and thought it was really lean and tasty "beef" so ate another. It was only after enjoying them that someone asked me if I liked horse meat 8O

ImTheGuyThatDidThat
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2008, 5:08 am

velodog wrote:
Do you enjoy getting people in trouble JH?

You just cant stop can you... :lol: everytime someone makes a mistake
the Velodog is all over it in a second, making it clear what he thinks of it,
again and again and again... Glad I`m not you man, it looks so weak when
i read it. How about giving some tips about the problem instead of automatically
pointing out the mistake with a big smile. "Hey everybody look at this dumbass
and what he did"... yeah... :lol: You make me laugh almost every day Velodog,
but i`m not laughing because you are funny, im laughing at you and the things you
write to people. (and i`m not alone, just so you know), you have been discussed
quite a few times by some members here since i joined.

spudnik
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2008, 1:36 pm

ImageImage
OMG not the little HotDoggies