Page 2 of 9 [ 144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

ShawnWilliam
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2008, 2:40 pm

twoshots wrote:
pheonixiis wrote:
ShawnWilliam wrote:
Can someone comment on this f***ing video... im sick of debating over nothing, at least debate or something.. 62 children saw an alien spacecraft land and aliens get out and walk around in Africa.. this can't be debunked.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5PQleH2Hz8

Those kids saw something. They were pretty consistent with their stories and genuinely confused and frightened. Hard to say exactly what though. I think it is silly to discount all anecdotal evidence which seems to be the trend for the die-hard debunkers. That's probably what you will run into with this one, that and that they were children.

All in all, pretty weird. You tube or not, I'll raise my eyebrows at that video.

Sorry, I'm not much of a debater, I'm having a bad brain day.

It isn't strictly that anecdotal evidence is completely inadmissible. The problem is that this is in the "extraordinary claims" domain, so it's just not anything like enough.

What'd inadmissable about it? Are you teling me that if this was shown to a jury, and the jury had to make a decision as to whether or not those kids saw something, that they would accuse them of lieing?.. or perhaps it was just a bunch of funny men in costumes who happen to have a spaceship!

I know it's the new cool thing to debunk solid evidence and use labels, but how does it affect you emotionally? does it help?
Why do they have witnesses in courtrooms? Why do they count as evidence and a lie detector does not?

we have here 62 common witnesses. 62!.. that's more than a jury and enough to go down in record for christs sake..

Last edited by ShawnWilliam on 17 Sep 2008, 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2008, 2:47 pm

The only reason you 'believe' in aliens is because the media has told you to ! !!

The mathematics show that the possibility of life is so vanishingly small, that it's bloody amazing we exist ! ! Carl Sagan started that stupid 'waste of space' stuff. People DO see things, and they always have. Check the History books. People have always seen 'ultra-terrestrials' and they always will. But that DOESN'T mean there are little green men in nuts and bolts spaceships visiting us ! !

PUUUUHHHHLEEEZZZEEEEE!! !!

ShawnWilliam
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2008, 2:54 pm

Prof_Pretorius wrote:
The only reason you 'believe' in aliens is because the media has told you to ! !!

The mathematics show that the possibility of life is so vanishingly small, that it's bloody amazing we exist ! ! Carl Sagan started that stupid 'waste of space' stuff. People DO see things, and they always have. Check the History books. People have always seen 'ultra-terrestrials' and they always will. But that DOESN'T mean there are little green men in nuts and bolts spaceships visiting us ! !

PUUUUHHHHLEEEZZZEEEEE!! !!

fuckshit@$%4tgARge%YEHGhstERTaeresyGHGFGhtysy4AYSE%YA$#YRTRtjr... :wall: There have been too many 'common witnesses'.. people dont just 'SEE THINGS'.. they see what they see.. if a few are crazy, there are thousands more than are not crazy to back it up.

I'm sorry, but whether you want to believe in them or not, you have wayy too many witnesses that would like to rip your spine out for suggesting that they're crazy or dillusional. You dont know just how much s**t they take from piss ants! it's enough to MAKe someone crazy

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2008, 2:59 pm

I'm not sure what you're at ??! !

Are you saying thousands have seen aliens?? Obviously not. Those who claim such things are a very small minority.

On the other hand, thousands have seen 'lights in the sky'. That's common knowledge. But jumping from a light in the sky to aliens is silly ! !!

(And please leave my spine out of this, it's aged, in bad shape, but it's all I have.)

ShawnWilliam
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2008, 3:04 pm

Prof_Pretorius wrote:
I'm not sure what you're at ??! !

Are you saying thousands have seen aliens?? Obviously not. Those who claim such things are a very small minority.

On the other hand, thousands have seen 'lights in the sky'. That's common knowledge. But jumping from a light in the sky to aliens is silly ! !!

(And please leave my spine out of this, it's aged, in bad shape, but it's all I have.)

fine, stand in front of 62 children and tell them they didn' see what they saw.. kids are too simple minded, they wouldn't hatch a scheme or suffer from some mass dillusion. Espeially a bunch of honest kids in Africa, who dont have all the things we do, and dont have tv.

and YES there are thousands of people who claim to have seen aliens.. thousands..

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2008, 3:08 pm

People do see things in the sky. As for standing in front of children, OK then .... I've seen things in the sky, but I'm not going to leap to the conclusion that it was an intelligently guided nuts and bolts portholes and vents spacecraft. I do beg to differ as to how many have seen aliens. I discount all those who were 'abducted' through the walls of their bedrooms. I only count hose who saw a craft and aliens like the classic Travis Walton case. If you count those who say aliens came through the walls and sexually abused me, I would refer you to the stories of the Incubus and Succubus.

ShawnWilliam
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2008, 3:45 pm

Prof_Pretorius wrote:
People do see things in the sky. As for standing in front of children, OK then .... I've seen things in the sky, but I'm not going to leap to the conclusion that it was an intelligently guided nuts and bolts portholes and vents spacecraft. I do beg to differ as to how many have seen aliens. I discount all those who were 'abducted' through the walls of their bedrooms. I only count hose who saw a craft and aliens like the classic Travis Walton case. If you count those who say aliens came through the walls and sexually abused me, I would refer you to the stories of the Incubus and Succubus.

You're a bit of a hypocrit.. you say i think aliens exist because of the media, but I hate the media.. and you're basing what I think on the 'steriotype' of alien nutcases who suffer from sleep paralysis and wear tinfoil hats, THAT is from the media.. some of them might be true, but those stories dont phase me.. and the Travis Walton case?.. theres tons of cases JUST like his, only most of them didn't turn into movies and that's why you don't hear about them, and you would NOT have heard of that story unless it was a movie. My ex gf said an alien visited her in her bedroom, and i DO think she's ret*d for saying that.. I hate those kinds of made up stories, but I can tell the difference..

yes stand in front of 62 children and tell them they didn't see an alien.. I hope they attack you with all the fury of the four horsemen :lol:

Relicanth7
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2008, 4:11 pm

ShawnWilliam wrote:
Prof_Pretorius wrote:

You're a bit of a hypocrit.. you say i think aliens exist because of the media, but I hate the media.. and you're basing what I think on the 'steriotype' of alien nutcases who suffer from sleep paralysis and wear tinfoil hats, THAT is from the media.. some of them might be true, but those stories dont phase me.. and the Travis Walton case?.. theres tons of cases JUST like his, only most of them didn't turn into movies and that's why you don't hear about them, and you would NOT have heard of that story unless it was a movie. My ex gf said an alien visited her in her bedroom, and i DO think she's ret*d for saying that.. I hate those kinds of made up stories, but I can tell the difference..

yes stand in front of 62 children and tell them they didn't see an alien.. I hope they attack you with all the fury of the four horsemen :lol:

And on Average How many of these do you consiter true???? :roll:

ShawnWilliam
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2008, 4:14 pm

Relicanth7 wrote:
ShawnWilliam wrote:
Prof_Pretorius wrote:

And on Average How many of these do you consiter true???? :roll:

Only the ones I believe!.. some of them im neutral, because I don't know.. but you forget that it only takes one story to be true for it to be real, therefor don't worry about how many i think are true. I have one good story of 62 children who saw aliens and I don't need to explain myself, they've already done it. Believe any one of those innocent little kids.

computerlove
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2008, 4:14 pm

Prof_Pretorius wrote:
The mathematics show that the possibility of life is so vanishingly small, that it's bloody amazing we exist ! ! Carl Sagan started that stupid 'waste of space' stuff.

Carl Sagan stated in Broca's Brain that possibility of life was very very very very small.

ShawnWilliam wrote:
fine, stand in front of 62 children and tell them they didn' see what they saw.. kids are too simple minded, they wouldn't hatch a scheme or suffer from some mass dillusion. Espeially a bunch of honest kids in Africa, who dont have all the things we do, and dont have tv.

It has been proved that you can say something, anything to a kid and they will believe it, even if you lie to them and say "did you see something flying?" they'll say "yes", even if they didn't see a thing.

Prof_Pretorius wrote:

Agreed. They want to make us stupid by trying to feed that s*hit and not know about stuff like what politicians are doing, environmental issues, inflation, corruption and all that.

ShawnWilliam
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2008, 4:18 pm

computerlove wrote:
Prof_Pretorius wrote:
The mathematics show that the possibility of life is so vanishingly small, that it's bloody amazing we exist ! ! Carl Sagan started that stupid 'waste of space' stuff.

Carl Sagan stated in Broca's Brain that possibility of life was very very very very small.

ShawnWilliam wrote:

It has been proved that you can say something, anything to a kid and they will believe it, even if you lie to them and say "did you see something flying?" they'll say "yes", even if they didn't see a thing.

Prof_Pretorius wrote:

Agreed. They want to make us stupid by trying to feed that s*hit and not know about stuff like what politicians are doing, environmental issues, inflation, corruption and all that.

I disagree... but maybe Im wrong :chin: but I don't think that I am. . Ive seen too much alien stuff, and there is too much stuff that the government covers up . . think about it. . you're right, maybe it works to their advantage.. but that doesn't make it false.. truth can work to someones advantage if they use it correctly. And besides, I dont see any alien propoganda out there right now while the elections are going. I dont see them using it to their advantage.. I see them protecting it with their life. :?

greenblue
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2008, 5:24 pm

ShawnWilliam wrote:
f****@$%4tgARge%YEHGhstERTaeresyGHGFGhtysy4AYSE%YA$#YRTRtjr... :wall: There have been too many 'common witnesses'.. people dont just 'SEE THINGS'.. they see what they see.. if a few are crazy, there are thousands more than are not crazy to back it up.

I'm sorry, but whether you want to believe in them or not, you have wayy too many witnesses that would like to rip your spine out for suggesting that they're crazy or dillusional. You dont know just how much sh** they take from piss ants! it's enough to MAKe someone crazy

Well, actually, I find aliens and UFOs interesting, I don't necessarily believe in it.
Witnessing of seeing the aliens themselves or to see just alien space-crafts?
I think it is reasonable to say that few people see what they want to see, after all, we can be mistaken easily when judging something based on first impressions, not only that, but in order to get a valid empirical evidence for something, it has to be studied carefully, to be sure there is no error of interpretation of what has been seen or discovered.

The stories about being abducted by aliens is very questionable and I can say it can be debunked.

Notice that I am providing my point of view, people are free and I believe to have the right to see this in a different perspective.

greenblue
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2008, 5:33 pm

computerlove wrote:
Prof_Pretorius wrote:

Well, one thing we can be sure of is that it is something that it is currently unknown, and we can only speculate, some say that life is very common in the universe and some others that it is a rare aspect of the universe

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rare_Earth_hypothesis

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fermi_paradox

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2008, 6:25 pm

The problem is that out of all the many stories of alien contact, no one has come away a whit smarter. You have to go all the way back to that woman that was shown a map of 'trade routes' and after years of searching someone found some star system that resembled it. Nobody has been given any scrap of information, or physical artifact. You'd think someone would sneak a metallic hydrogen ashtray into their pocket. I understand the whole Star Trek thing about meeting a primitive race and not giving them any info, but not even something beneficial? A formula for a super vitamin, or a cure for the common cold, or the method for storing hydrogen?

greenblue
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2008, 6:28 pm

The Prime Directive is a very strict protocol.

ImTheGuyThatDidThat
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2008, 6:37 pm

Is there any mentioning of this case somewhere
more serious, besides a tv-clip on youtube? Its
not where i like to get my facts, watching the clip
tells me very little, its vague and they keep pushing
the "62 children, they cant lie, omg" over and over, it
makes little sense to me in a way, theres to little
known facts and referranses in this to go either way.
Some of the other alien-links in this thread..well, they
come from tv programs no one should believe blindly,
they are made to entertain most of them, it glides over
in the entertain-zone and away from the interesting-zone
fast, no real scientific program does that, with the celebrity
host acting witty, drmatic music, re-enacments that are really
shady ++ (this comming from someone who have experienced
more in the wood here then i could ever want when it comes to
those kind of things, but some of it i belive to be natural phenomena
we dont understand yet)