Could I have it?
Yes 67%  67%  [ 6 ]
No 33%  33%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 9

Mosse
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Oct 2008, 7:35 pm

:? I am paranoid, have delusional beliefs. I sometimes hear voices (usually more than one voice calling out my name (the voices often run into each other) or a voice talking to me or other voices). I am sure they're not my imagination, since I can't change what they're saying. I am slightly depressed almost all the time, even though I usually don't have much of an idea why. Does anyone know if I could be schizophrenic, or would I have something else?

Last edited by Mosse on 09 Oct 2008, 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mosse
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Oct 2008, 7:51 pm

Wait... is there an actual forum for this kind of thing? :huh:

spudnik
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2008, 7:55 pm

I don't think you can get a good answer here, its something only your head shrinker can know. You don't seem to come off as odd or weird.

Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2008, 8:45 pm

Mosse wrote:
and I have mild hallucinations (weird grey shapes floating around, tiny colourful dots falling mostly)

We all have this. You're normal.

that or it just goes along with paranoia.

viska
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2008, 8:57 pm

If you hear voices, you are probably ill. You should see a medical professional, their job is to help you and they know what sort of questions to ask to get more information. On a internet forum, nobody really knows you or your situation well enough to provide good advice.

V001
Toucan
Toucan

08 Oct 2008, 9:12 pm

The grey shapes could be floaters in your eyes ? The color get a brain scan done you might have brain damage. Go to brain doctor rule out brain damage can look like schizophrenic. That what i think.

digger1
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2008, 10:01 pm

If you have aspergers then no, you don't have schizophrenia. AS trumps any psychosis.

My doc explained to me that you can have general delusions and specific delusions - "something is out to get me" vs. "The CIA is out to get me" and the general delusions are just part of being maladjusted but the more specific the delusion, the more likely you are to have a psychiatric disorder.

Floaters in the eyes isn't hallucinations. They are tiny pits of protein in your vitreous humor (the fluid in your eye) floating past your field of vision.

I used to hear my name called when I was lying in bed but no one was there. I asked my doc about it. She said that it's one of those things that's a mystery in the universe and I should chalk it up to the phenomenon where you can hear the phone ring when you're doing the dishes of vacuuming.

Aurore
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2008, 1:44 am

If it ends up being psychosis, I doubt it would be schizophrenia. Your thoughts are too organized. If you are hearing voices, and you're sure you're not just imagining them, then that and your mood suggest Psychotic Depression. People who have it realize their delusions and hallucinations are just that, delusions and hallucinations, while schizophrenics by nature are not naturally aware these things are not the reality.

pheonixiis
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2008, 11:17 am

Aurore wrote:
If it ends up being psychosis, I doubt it would be schizophrenia. Your thoughts are too organized. If you are hearing voices, and you're sure you're not just imagining them, then that and your mood suggest Psychotic Depression. People who have it realize their delusions and hallucinations are just that, delusions and hallucinations, while schizophrenics by nature are not naturally aware these things are not the reality.

I agree here. But I'm hesitant to say. You haven't given enough go on. But your ability to communicate is (like she said) pretty organized. That would make my first guess a No.

Talk to a psychologist.

Good luck.

-Walt Whitman

RubieRoze
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Oct 2008, 3:49 pm

Mosse wrote:
I have mild hallucinations (weird grey shapes floating around, tiny colourful dots falling mostly).

Read about eye floaters here:

Quote:
You may sometimes see small specks or clouds moving in your field of vision; they are called floaters. You can often see them when looking at a plain background, like a blank wall or blue sky. Floaters are actually tiny clumps of gel or cells inside the vitreous, the clear jelly-like fluid that fills the inside of your eye.

Floaters may look like specks, strands, webs or other shapes. Actually, what you are seeing are the shadows of floaters cast on the retina, the light-sensitive part of the eye.

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2008, 4:56 pm

The responses raise some good questions ! ! If you can find your way to a Forum, and type out such a question, are you schizo? On the other hand, I've had docs tell me that hearing voices is quite serious, and indicates any of many possible neurological problems.

As for the eye floaters, I've got a bunch, and had them since childhood. I also get screen blindness, I'll be looking at the computer, and everything will go completely out of focus. Bloody annoying ! !

twoshots
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2008, 10:43 pm

pheonixiis wrote:
Aurore wrote:

I agree here. But I'm hesitant to say. You haven't given enough go on. But your ability to communicate is (like she said) pretty organized. That would make my first guess a No.

Talk to a psychologist.

Good luck.

Seconded. Gross thought disorder is not apparently present, and while paranoids, IIRC, can be moderately lucid, the clarity with which you approach the condition is completely inconsistent with schizo.

This does not make you sane, however.