Red Tea 7%  7%  [ 5 ]
Black Tea 36%  36%  [ 27 ]
Tea is Tea, so AA should stop making crap polls 9%  9%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 75

Raymond_Fawkes
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2011, 4:42 pm

This thread is relevant to my interests. I currently own over 110 different varieties of tea. This includes, Green, White, Black, Oolong (my favorite kind) Pu Erh, Herbal, Rooibos. I have them organized color coded and by the type of tea. I probably have Pu Erh the most. My favorite is Ripe. Anything from the Menghai factory is fine. I have around 15 tea cakes, mostly raw though. I would say 98% of my tea is loose leaf. I do like some rare tea's aswell, I'm apart of "teachat" It's a website where other tea fanatics gather and have tea together online and just talk about it. But my favorite White Tea would be Silverneedle, Favorite Green tea would be Sencha, Favorite Blacktea would be Black Dragon Pearls (from adagio) favorite Oolong would be anything from Taiwan, or Wu Yi mountain. Pu Erh I like Menghai Recipe 7262, Herbal I like Yerba Mate (Lots of caffine though) and for Rooibos I like it plain. Rooibos actually helps with Autism, I've read articles about it, it's suppose to give a calming effect. It has no caffeine so it somewhat achieves that.

Rooibos helps Aspies article

Metalwolf
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2011, 7:52 pm

My favorites would be Rooibos, black tea, Earl Grey, various herbals, and Canelita Cinnamon Blend. Save for black tea, none of these other ones get any milk added, just sugar. :)

Cicely
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2011, 8:30 pm

Black tea is my favorite, though I'm also a fan of green.

Kiseki
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2011, 9:04 am

No option for herbal tea? FAIL :x

draelynn
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2011, 10:56 am

Well, the tea purists would point out that herbal 'tea' isn't really tea, it's a tisane. Tea is technically only brewed from the leaves of the tea plant, camellia sinensis.

Sorry, geeky tea moment there... :)

Bleu
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

03 Mar 2011, 12:01 pm

My favourite is green tea. I especially like Lung ching (dragon's well) and jasmine dragon pearls. I don't really like fruit teas/infusions, but herbal ones are okay. I used to drink a lot of black tea with aromas (was a big fan of vanilla) but I grew sort of tired of that. It's strange because I didn't use to like green tea at all, but then I stopped buying the one in bags and it's a really big difference.

Mudkip
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

03 Mar 2011, 2:35 pm

I voted White tea. I like my tea quite weak too! I also like tea without milk, but with suger.

CosmicRuss
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2011, 5:37 pm

I love tea in many varieties apart from the fruit infusions. Kenyan black tea is my black tea favourite.
An ex-friend [who was born to Scottish tea planter parents in Darjeeling] brought back from a trip the most amasing tea imaginable, it was so good that it can never be repeated unless I go to India myself and source it. :roll:

This is my current favourite.....

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2011, 5:44 pm

I'm British. I don't drink tea. I drink espresso - doubles all the way. If I'm not 'seeing things' I haven't had a good do. Even better when you combine it with a drinking session. :)

Nier
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Mar 2011, 9:36 am

Green or white, in a large glass not mug, fruitised or with Jasmine.
Earl Grey / Lady Grey but usually have to add black tea to make it strong enough.
But default addiction is strong black tea. Tetleys all the way (Irish friends swear by Barry's so i'll have to try that one day).

Mmmm. Teaaaaa......(wanders off to put the kettle on)