Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

philosopherBoi
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Aug 2008
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,452

06 Dec 2008, 10:58 pm

On November 4th hate, discrimination and bigotry were written into four state Constitutions here in the United States, to deny gay people the right to marry their same sex partners and prevent gay people from being able to foster a children or adopt a children. The gay community and our supporters have already taken to the streets to show our disgust with allowing such ammendments to be placed into the constitutions. However we are not done, on December 10th we shall make a hold a huge protest and boycott called A Day Without A gay. Those behind the hate, bigotry and discrimination would prefer to see us gone well we shall show them what happens when we disappear but we need your help to do so, so even if your not gay please help us because you know it could be your rights that come under attack and wouldn't you want people to help you.

Anyways check the following info out!

Quote:
TEN TIPS ABOUT WHAT TO DO ON DECEMBER 10:
Wake up for work on Wednesday December 10th... and call in GAY.
Go to the bank and take $80 out of your account... put it in your pocket and KEEP IT THERE.
Do not go get your morning latte
Do not purchase anything
Do not contribute to advertising revenue: Meaning, spend 24 hours of your life without TV & Internet
Do not use your cell phone, even if you have unlimited minutes
Instead, DO volunteer. Give to the community and reach out to those that don't understand our community. Check your state page for local volunteer opportunities.
If you must spend, only do so at an LGBTQ owned establishment with an LGBTQ clientel
You have weeks to prepare, so go grocery shopping now.
VOLUNTEER. We are fighting for human rights, so let's take a day to fight for the rights of those in need. Check your state page for local volunteer opportunities.



http://jointheimpact.com/
http://jointheimpact.wetpaint.com/page/ ... Gay?t=anon
http://www.daywithoutagay.org/


Kiss Kiss love all of ya Kiss Kiss*



Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 40,540
Location: Stendec

06 Dec 2008, 11:23 pm

Let me get this straight (pardon the pun). On December 10, 2008:

    Gays are going to out themselves with their employers and not go in to work.
    Each is going to be carrying cash on their persons.
    There will be no gays in the coffee shops.
    There will be no gays in the malls and stores.
    There will be no gays on the Internet.
    There will be no gays using their cell phones.
    Gays will be doing volunteer work.
Let me remind you of the "Day Without A Mexican" (DWAM) protest of a couple of years ago...
    I woke up that day without the sound of lawn mowers and leaf blowers to be heard.
    I made every green light on my way to the freeway, due to lack of obstructing traffic.
    I made it to work in 38 minutes, when it normally takes an hour or more, again due to lack of obstructing traffic.
    I had my choice of parking spaces, what with getting to work early and there being 4 space for every car all that day.
    Every time I called a vendor or service center, I got through to somebody on the first try, and that person spoke English.
    I went to the deli, and there were only two or three people in line at any given time, due to the efficiency of the counter people.
    The people that took my order, prepared the meal, and brought it out to me all spoke perfect English (I tipped 20%).
    I made every green light on my way to the freeway, again due to lack of obstructing traffic.
    I made it home from work in 38 minutes, when it normally takes an hour or more, again due to lack of obstructing traffic.
    There were no cars playing boom-boom mariachi or banda music anywhere, so I arrived home in a good mood.
    I took my wife to a local restaurant, and I got to park my car myself, instead of being held to the mercy of the valet service.
    Again, we were waited on by Enlish-speaking people, who were polite, accurate, and speedy (I tipped 25%).
I had such a nice, quiet, stress-free day that day, that I wished that there would be another DWAM, but alas, no such luck. It seems that even the local organizers of the DWAM were embarrassed that it was so well-received, and that the people they were protesting against actually want them to organize another.

I predict that your efforts will be just as well-received, and that everybody will actually end up looking forward to another one.

Good Luck! I hope that your day off is as peaceful for you as it will be for the rest of us. :D :D


_________________
 
“I must acknowledge, once and for all, that the
purpose of diplomacy is to prolong a crisis.”

— Leonard Nimoy as Mr. Spock, in the Star Trek
episode "The Mark of Gideon" (ep. 3-16, 1969)


patternist
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Jul 2008
Age: 46
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,389
Location: at my computer

06 Dec 2008, 11:44 pm

I'm not calling in gay (because a] I'm not and b] I don't have any more paid time off left), but I'll do all the other stuff (except maybe staying off the internet. I'll need it because I'm not calling in gay....)



philosopherBoi
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Aug 2008
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,452

06 Dec 2008, 11:50 pm

patternist wrote:
I'm not calling in gay (because a] I'm not and b] I don't have any more paid time off left), but I'll do all the other stuff (except maybe staying off the internet. I'll need it because I'm not calling in gay....)



Anything you can do is most appreciated, we are aware that some cannot call in gay, either because they are not gay, laws don't protect them and so on.



Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 40,540
Location: Stendec

06 Dec 2008, 11:51 pm

I plan on "Business As Usual" during DWAG.

*snk* :wink:

Get it?

"Day Without A Gay"?

"DWAG"?

:lmao:


_________________
 
“I must acknowledge, once and for all, that the
purpose of diplomacy is to prolong a crisis.”

— Leonard Nimoy as Mr. Spock, in the Star Trek
episode "The Mark of Gideon" (ep. 3-16, 1969)


patternist
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Jul 2008
Age: 46
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,389
Location: at my computer

07 Dec 2008, 12:16 am

I don't get it. :shrug:



Strapples
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

User avatar

Joined: 30 Nov 2007
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Posts: 19,455
Location: Chicago Area IL (FAR FROM AUTISM SPEAKS)

07 Dec 2008, 2:09 am

im in for the bank account i have a scheduled 100 dollar withdrawal to my cash card.

i dont drink coffee i wont buy anything i cand do without internet so i will do no TV

i wont use my skype.


_________________
check out my website at http://www.alinssite.info and my forum at http://www.disabledplanet.alinssite.info

When in doubt, ask an autistic. Chances are, they're obsessed with what you need to know. :roll:

Autism Speaks will NEVER speak for me

CLASSIC AUTISM


rpm2004
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 Apr 2005
Age: 32
Gender: Male
Posts: 782
Location: Reno,NV,USA

07 Dec 2008, 4:16 am

Ummm wha?


_________________
"Dear friend, the silent streets and the cool of the moon invite us to a walk. Let us go forth, while all the world is in bed and none may mar our solitary exaltation."


ImTheGuyThatDidThat
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 20 May 2008
Age: 43
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,603

07 Dec 2008, 6:23 am

Good luck to you all.



violet_yoshi
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 15 Aug 2004
Age: 37
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,385

07 Dec 2008, 7:32 am

Fnord wrote:
Let me get this straight (pardon the pun). On December 10, 2008:
    Gays are going to out themselves with their employers and not go in to work.
    Each is going to be carrying cash on their persons.
    There will be no gays in the coffee shops.
    There will be no gays in the malls and stores.
    There will be no gays on the Internet.
    There will be no gays using their cell phones.
    Gays will be doing volunteer work.
Let me remind you of the "Day Without A Mexican" (DWAM) protest of a couple of years ago...
    I woke up that day without the sound of lawn mowers and leaf blowers to be heard.
    I made every green light on my way to the freeway, due to lack of obstructing traffic.
    I made it to work in 38 minutes, when it normally takes an hour or more, again due to lack of obstructing traffic.
    I had my choice of parking spaces, what with getting to work early and there being 4 space for every car all that day.
    Every time I called a vendor or service center, I got through to somebody on the first try, and that person spoke English.
    I went to the deli, and there were only two or three people in line at any given time, due to the efficiency of the counter people.
    The people that took my order, prepared the meal, and brought it out to me all spoke perfect English (I tipped 20%).
    I made every green light on my way to the freeway, again due to lack of obstructing traffic.
    I made it home from work in 38 minutes, when it normally takes an hour or more, again due to lack of obstructing traffic.
    There were no cars playing boom-boom mariachi or banda music anywhere, so I arrived home in a good mood.
    I took my wife to a local restaurant, and I got to park my car myself, instead of being held to the mercy of the valet service.
    Again, we were waited on by Enlish-speaking people, who were polite, accurate, and speedy (I tipped 25%).
I had such a nice, quiet, stress-free day that day, that I wished that there would be another DWAM, but alas, no such luck. It seems that even the local organizers of the DWAM were embarrassed that it was so well-received, and that the people they were protesting against actually want them to organize another.

I predict that your efforts will be just as well-received, and that everybody will actually end up looking forward to another one.

Good Luck! I hope that your day off is as peaceful for you as it will be for the rest of us. :D :D


Wow. I appreciate your boldness in regards to DWAM. I felt the same way, but I'm always afraid if I speak with such reality someone will start shreiking "RAAAAIIICCCIISSSTTT!" Like a temper tantruming child.



Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 May 2008
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,084
Location: Brisbane, Australia

07 Dec 2008, 8:21 am

Hope things go well, and doesnt backfire, I think there should be more rights.


_________________
Blast Reality! Burst it into shreds! Vanishment... this world!


KBABZ
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 20 Sep 2006
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,671
Location: Middle Earth. Er, I mean Wellywood. Wait, Wellington.

07 Dec 2008, 3:47 pm

Suddenly everyone loses their quirky Gym instructor. Man those guys seriously brighten your day!


_________________
I was sad when I found that she left
But then I found
That I could speak to her,
In a way
And sadness turned to comfort
We all go there


philosopherBoi
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Aug 2008
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,452

07 Dec 2008, 7:02 pm

Bradleigh wrote:
Hope things go well, and doesnt backfire, I think there should be more rights.



Thank you but we are not wanting more rights we are looking to have our god given rights validated by both the state and federal governments. Basically we don't want special rights we want our human rights acknowledged.



Kasuki-Chan
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 Oct 2008
Age: 26
Gender: Female
Posts: 4,547
Location: in the Akatsuki hideout bugging cousin Itachi-san

07 Dec 2008, 7:49 pm

well, i can't really skip school, and i will be using my interent, but only on this website... ^^
i will not purchase anything, not even lunch, i will pack my own... and i will wear rainbow gloves ^^


_________________
"my art will leave scars in the earth like nothing before it, show me your fear! cry like a lost child!because my art... is a BLAST!" ~Deidara~ R.I.P

"this is my kekkai genkai!" ~Kimimaro~R.I.P
TEAM HD3H, NEMESIS OF DELOREANDUDE!


Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 40,540
Location: Stendec

07 Dec 2008, 7:55 pm

violet_yoshi wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Let me get this straight (pardon the pun).

...

Good Luck! I hope that your day off is as peaceful for you as it will be for the rest of us. :D :D

Wow. I appreciate your boldness in regards to DWAM. I felt the same way, but I'm always afraid if I speak with such reality someone will start shreiking "RAAAAIIICCCIISSSTTT!" Like a temper tantruming child.

Reality is never racist, nor sexist,
Nor bigotted in any way.
Expose fallacy to the cold light of truth
And watch it wither away.


_________________
 
“I must acknowledge, once and for all, that the
purpose of diplomacy is to prolong a crisis.”

— Leonard Nimoy as Mr. Spock, in the Star Trek
episode "The Mark of Gideon" (ep. 3-16, 1969)