Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Saara
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

25 Nov 2008, 11:54 am

So, have you traveled much? Where to? Do you like traveling and where would you like to go next? Share some interesting stories about traveling(funny, sad, culture shock, etc)

I'll start then....haven't traveled much, I've been to countries near mine(I'm from Estonia) to Finland, Denmark, Sweden and Greece. The most interesting out of these was definitely Greece. Even aspies would've no problem interacting with others there i think. We stayed in a little rent-house, our neighbor man's dog ran away all the time to our garden and i helped him chase the dog around the garden. He looked like a caricature of a Greek. He was around 50, very tanned and with a huge mustache. His dog was a chow-chow and his chest-hair showing from his bright yellow tank top were as thick as the puppy's. He was unbelievably friendly and without a word of English, he explained to me everything about the history of his dog and the dog's mother, health problems, treatments, what it liked to eat etc etc and also about his family and town. His family was just as nice and so were many other people I met there. It was a very interesting experience for sure :D

Next, I'm planning a trip to Spain, to become a pilgrim to Santiago de Compostela, I'm going to walk from Seville to Santiago, which is about a 1000 km, 650 miles long route. I'm looking for someone to go with me but none of my friends are interestied and my boyfriends seems slightly scared so I don't know, It's not something I'd like to do completely alone, but If noone will come then I'll have to. Has anyone else ever been there or planning to go? Maybe we could meet :D

share your stories people!

SpongeBobRocksMao
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2008, 12:12 pm

I love travelling! :D Last time I was on holiday we went to San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Mt. Shasta, Newport, Portland, Seattle, Vancouver (Canada), and then back to Sunnyvale (stopping at South Oregon on the way) before we flew back to England.

SpongeBobRocksMao!

Bozewani
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Nov 2008, 12:15 pm

Saara wrote:
So, have you traveled much? Where to? Do you like traveling and where would you like to go next? Share some interesting stories about traveling(funny, sad, culture shock, etc)

I'll start then....haven't traveled much, I've been to countries near mine(I'm from Estonia) to Finland, Denmark, Sweden and Greece. The most interesting out of these was definitely Greece. Even aspies would've no problem interacting with others there i think. We stayed in a little rent-house, our neighbor man's dog ran away all the time to our garden and i helped him chase the dog around the garden. He looked like a caricature of a Greek. He was around 50, very tanned and with a huge mustache. His dog was a chow-chow and his chest-hair showing from his bright yellow tank top were as thick as the puppy's. He was unbelievably friendly and without a word of English, he explained to me everything about the history of his dog and the dog's mother, health problems, treatments, what it liked to eat etc etc and also about his family and town. His family was just as nice and so were many other people I met there. It was a very interesting experience for sure :D

Next, I'm planning a trip to Spain, to become a pilgrim to Santiago de Compostela, I'm going to walk from Seville to Santiago, which is about a 1000 km, 650 miles long route. I'm looking for someone to go with me but none of my friends are interestied and my boyfriends seems slightly scared so I don't know, It's not something I'd like to do completely alone, but If noone will come then I'll have to. Has anyone else ever been there or planning to go? Maybe we could meet :D

I been to Estonia when I was three, four according to my mom when it was part of the USSR. I don't remember much but my mom says you guys have good dairy.

Anyway, a few major cities I been to, Montreal, New York, Philadelphia, Washington,Phoenix, Moscow, and I been to half of the states in the United States (I am weak in the midwest though).

Saara
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

25 Nov 2008, 12:23 pm

Bozewani wrote:
Saara wrote:

I been to Estonia when I was three, four according to my mom when it was part of the USSR. I don't remember much but my mom says you guys have good dairy.

Anyway, a few major cities I been to, Montreal, New York, Philadelphia, Washington,Phoenix, Moscow, and I been to half of the states in the United States (I am weak in the midwest though).

Good dairy.. :lol: good to know

You've really travelled a LOT!

melissa17b
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Nov 2008, 12:31 pm

I have been fortunate to have many opportunities to travel and experience different cultures. I'm US born, and in the UK presently. Most notably, I have been to Australia, Korea, Japan, most of former Yugoslavia (Serbia, Croatia, Slovenia, Montenegro), much of western Europe, Canada, Mexico and all 50 US states. I still want to see Russia, as well as Africa, South America and Antarctica.

A 1,000 km hike through Spain! That sounds enjoyable. When are you going?

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2008, 12:34 pm

I've travelled to South Dakota in the Badlands. They had some pretty cool petroglyphs and arrowheads.

Colorado
Arkansas
Nevada
Kansas
Louisanna...Loved it!
Florida
Georgia
New Mexico
Nebraska
Kentucky
Iowa

Meh..not that fantastic since they're not outta the country.

I hope before I die I get to see something of Europe and Canada at least.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

25 Nov 2008, 12:36 pm

hey wanna travel to flagstaff arizona for an increadible nite out? :wink:

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

25 Nov 2008, 12:37 pm

ok that was lame but im a lame guy so whatever :lol:

Saara
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

25 Nov 2008, 12:42 pm

melissa17b wrote:
I have been fortunate to have many opportunities to travel and experience different cultures. I'm US born, and in the UK presently. Most notably, I have been to Australia, Korea, Japan, most of former Yugoslavia (Serbia, Croatia, Slovenia, Montenegro), much of western Europe, Canada, Mexico and all 50 US states. I still want to see Russia, as well as Africa, South America and Antarctica.

A 1,000 km hike through Spain! That sounds enjoyable. When are you going?

Aah, sounds amazing to travel so much...anyway, when you're on the way to Russia visit Estonia, too for a few days...it's near :D

Either as soon as my summer vacation begins or at the end of the summer, depends on how well I manage to earn to fund this. Although there are special very cheap accommodations for pilgrims on the way, I don't want to discover on the way that I'm penniless and that I really have to do it the "old school" way.....with NO money, beggar-monks and such :D

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2008, 12:43 pm

richardbenson wrote:

Sure just find me a hotel.

I'd like to check out Sedona.

Saara
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

25 Nov 2008, 12:45 pm

MissConstrue wrote:
I've travelled to South Dakota in the Badlands. They had some pretty cool petroglyphs and arrowheads.

Colorado
Arkansas
Nevada
Kansas
Louisanna...Loved it!
Florida
Georgia
New Mexico
Nebraska
Kentucky
Iowa

Meh..not that fantastic since they're not outta the country.

I hope before I die I get to see something of Europe and Canada at least.

Sounds fantastic to me! USA is so big, it is difficult to get out of that country :D

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2008, 12:50 pm

I think so too. It's almost like going to another country because of all the different terrains, climates, and land masses. I mean wouldn't be that much different in Europe had they been states instead of countries.

One thing I'd like to see in Europe is mostly the historical stuff. They have more history there than here.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

25 Nov 2008, 12:55 pm

MissConstrue wrote:
richardbenson wrote:

Sure just find me a hotel.

I'd like to check out Sedona.
ouch. rejection!! :lol: :?

Saara
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

25 Nov 2008, 12:58 pm

MissConstrue wrote:
I think so too. It's almost like going to another country because of all the different terrains, climates, and land masses. I mean wouldn't be that much different in Europe had they been states instead of countries.

One thing I'd like to see in Europe is mostly the historical stuff. They have more history there than here.

About the climate and nature you're definitely right but what's different in Europe is that the cultural differences between countrys are much more specific than in different parts of USA although I haven't been to USA so I don't know firsthand but that's the impression I have because of Internet, my relatives from USA and it seems to make sense, too because people in Europe simply have lived in the same place longer

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2008, 12:59 pm

Waaaaa...

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

25 Nov 2008, 1:10 pm

yes indeed, time to find someone else to sweat over. but who? :albino: