Page 1 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2009, 6:53 pm

1997 was a prettey bad year for me, even though I was only 7 - 8 years old at the time. Does anyone here think this could have been the worst year in history?

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2009, 6:57 pm

Aside from a pretty awful nervous breakdown I had, it was not that particularly bad a year.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2009, 7:05 pm

It was a awful year for me because my grandmother died and Princess Diana died only 2 months after. :(

CelticGoddess
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2009, 7:19 pm

I don't think it's the worst year in history but that year was pretty horrific for me.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2009, 7:23 pm

Sorry I don't mean to get all personal, but why was it a horrific year for you?

02 Feb 2009, 7:28 pm

1997 was also bad for me. My body changes, I got sick, I had to be out of school for a while, I was very very depressed that year I wanted to commit suicide, I got my period. I was suffering from a nervous breakdown then.

michillimackinac
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

02 Feb 2009, 9:12 pm

Looks like I'm in the minority but I thought 1997 was a good year.

KazigluBey
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Feb 2009, 9:13 pm

I graduated high screwl that year and joined the Army . . . so it was a good year for me!

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2009, 9:31 pm

I was going through so much depression at that time. This was way before I was ever diagnosed with aspergers. I remember my mom taking me to see all kinds of shrinks and therapists. I felt like a guinea pig half my childhood. Plus my little gray kitty died that year before she was a day old.... :(

Ironically that year pops into my head too as being the worst of times. I don't know why, I think 2000 was too.

jawbrodt
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2009, 9:58 pm

Can't remember. :doh: I must have been drunk that year. :scratch: :lol:

Those who know, don't speak.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2009, 10:11 pm

^LOL, I've been keeping a track record of mine since I was age 10. I even wrote when I was drunk.

So I can look back in my diaries to see what happened that day. I still write in them like they were my lifeline. I even list down the events in the back of my diary as to what has happened in that particular year or day!!

jawbrodt
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2009, 10:25 pm

^Awesome. 8)

I wish I would have kept a diary, so I could look back at my past. I have a terrible memory, especially from 1991-2004. :shrug: I don't think I would have enough to write a book or anything, but it would be cool to look back to 1997 and be able to give an honest answer to this thread. :)

Those who know, don't speak.

Soopervilin
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Feb 2009, 10:49 pm

1997 was not great for me either. It was my junior year in high school (which is bad enough on its own) and a month or so before summer vacation, I went blind. Not completely blind, I could still see light and color, but absolutely nothing else. As you can imagine, this made things a bit difficult. Other students were constantly whispering and laughing (presumably at my expense). A couple of my teachers were completely unreasonable, and dropped my grades because my work wasn't done in my handwriting or "in a timely manner".
People at church weren't any more understanding. Most were skeptical as to whether I really couldn't see, and the worst was when I was pulled up on stage in front of the youth group so the youth leader could pray over me. I could hear people whispering and laughing (again, presumably at me).

My vision eventually cleared up toward the end of summer, which didn't help with the people who believed I was faking.

If that's not enough, that September, my grandfather (I strongly suspect he was also Aspie) died. He was the best of a very small number of people who actually understood me.

Flismflop
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2009, 8:52 pm

That year wasn't the worst for me but, it wasn't great either. I missed my chance to date a really great instructor who taught at my school. She liked me a lot and expressed the feeling in many ways but, by the time I would figure it out, it was too late or I was too self-conscious about my living situation, for me to make the kind of connection that could've led to something. I can't think of anything great that happened for me throughout the entire 90s decade but, I can think of many missed opportunities. And I can think many bad things that happened in earlier parts of that decade. I better stop thinking about it.

Pikachu
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2009, 8:59 pm

hmmm, 1997

I would have been 15, a year into being in foster care roughly, so all the crap had already happened....

Apart from being branded a spoiled brat because of my brainpower... it was a decent year

little did I know 11 years later I'd have stuff 1000x worse happen to me

Allegedly away with the fairies for 6-7 years

twoshots
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2009, 9:00 pm

I've had worse years.

Like 2004. That's one I'm going to have to go back in time and stop from happening. :roll: