Page 3 of 5 [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Owendust
Raven
Raven

09 Dec 2008, 5:49 am

I used to have a prescription for it (gotta love California) and was a chronic smoker (no pun intended, although the medical weed I got definitely was chronic) on and off for 8 years. For the most part, I smoked about a gram a day. I pretty much only stopped smoking for about 2-3 months every year in order to pass the drug test for my summer job as a lifeguard.

I can say from experience that during the times that I was smoking heavily, even when I wasn't high, my short term memory was pure s**t. There were so many times when I would be talking and suddenly my mind would go blank. I can remember one thanksgiving, when I was telling a story at the dinner table and I completely lost my train of thought mid-sentence. I had my entire family staring at me and I could not, for the life of me, remember what the hell I was talking about a second earlier. I just kind of stared at everyone blankly for a moment before I put my hand to my head and feigned a sudden-onset migraine.

I quit smoking because I realized that it just made my Asperger's worse. I noticed my short term memory coming back after a few days, and after about a month, I was back to normal. Even after all of those years of smoking, I still scored 150 on an I.Q. test at the UCLA center for neurology.

Samara
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Dec 2008, 6:21 am

Well, if it doesnt cause retardation. It causes brain damage and brings on schizophrenia which causes it so severe, many of them patients commiit suicide plus my friend was ganged raped when she was a young teenager from smoking that.
She was out of it to begin with and then she ended up being taking away by men. Scu,m and
they did whatever they wanted to her and raped her over and over again. She was still just a kid! so I hate it.
I hate marjuanna for 101 reasons, FACTUAL!

UndercoverAlien
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2008, 6:39 am

Samara wrote:
Well, if it doesnt cause retardation. It causes brain damage and brings on schizophrenia which causes it so severe, many of them patients commiit suicide plus my friend was ganged raped when she was a young teenager from smoking that.
She was out of it to begin with and then she ended up being taking away by men. Scu,m and
they did whatever they wanted to her and raped her over and over again. She was still just a kid! so I hate it.

sorry to hear that things can end up that way :(

Anyway, from all i've read now my conclusion is "some can stand it" and "some can't" i also don't think it causes you to think more clearly 8O (Not anymore atleast)

Samara
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Dec 2008, 6:45 am

If marjuanna suits some people, so be it and I am not talkin 'bout this thread but in general; if you like it and you feel its good for you Keep it to yourself DON'T SUPPORT IT for the people it really f***s up!

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2008, 8:32 am

I know a few people who can't seem to function without it. It seems to be good for them.

While on it, they are lucid and pleasant to be around, and without it they are prone to anxiety and angry outbursts...and general mental discomfort. For them, it is a good alternative to psychoactive medication.

I think it should be legalised..so that the people who "need" it can use it with impunity and the people who it disagrees with can avoid it.

It is no worse than alcohol...Alcohol is totally legal and easiy to obtain and bad things can happen to people who use that too.

I have a friend who is very AS-ish, and extremely skinny...and he cannot eat when he does not have access to marijuana.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2008, 8:51 am

when i worked in a recording studio, the artists mainly smoked marijuana, and the producers drank alcohol.
the artists seemed to be coughing all the time, and the producers seemed to get idiotic after a while (after the session was over).
as i left the studio session to go home(because i did not do either smoking or drinking and did not want to stay around after the session), i noticed the "stoned on marijuana people" were talking about interesting things, and the drunk people were sounding like morons who were hyper friendly and also hyper sensitive to umbrage.
but thc does promote an "amotivational syndrome", and many people that had vast talent that we encountered as "session muso's" were not recognized because they were mentally lazy i think due to pot smoking.

i think that it is sad that humans retreat to using agents that they can blame for their underlying silliness.
if they did not use those agents, they would have no explanation (in their minds) as to why they think as they do.

beef_bourito
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2008, 11:03 am

Samara wrote:
If marjuanna suits some people, so be it and I am not talkin 'bout this thread but in general; if you like it and you feel its good for you Keep it to yourself DON'T SUPPORT IT for the people it really f**** up!

it f***s up very few people. i know a LOT of people who smoke pot and only one of them got f****d up, and that was after about 6 years of very heavy use (he'd go through an ounce in a week or two) and 2 years of cocaine use. i attribute most of it to the cocaine because he was fine on just the marijuana but started getting really messed up once he started doing blow.

so i support it, it helps some people, but for the most part it's very benign and harmless. if it only messes up one out of a few thousand, then i'd say it's a hell of a lot less harmful than a lot of the other drugs out there.

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2008, 12:58 pm

I know a bloke who has smoked very steadily for 30+ years. He's nutters. A walking ad for any anti pot campaign. Now I could argue that he was a nutter when he first started smoking, and the years of cannabis have only magnified his character (or lack thereof) but I truly think it's damaged his mind. I quit when my daughter was born 23 years ago. (Except for the Roger Waters concerts I attended where the air was full of smoke).
As for legality, I've always said the best way to ruin the appeal of the devil's dandelion is to legalize it, and have people go to government sponsored clinics to get their dose.

mikeyb
Raven
Raven

09 Dec 2008, 2:50 pm

no marijuana certainly doesnt make you smarter, it just lets you think about stuff you normally wouldnt. btw speaking of marijuana, does anyone have any studies about asperger's using marijuana, I wonder if it would have a different long term affect than a NT. Thanks.

Samara
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Dec 2008, 3:07 pm

Well i am aspie and it makes me go schitzo so unless i wanna be locked up in a psych hospital. I am staying away from it.
They dont call it THE HELL :evil: WEED for no reason.

mikeyb
Raven
Raven

09 Dec 2008, 3:09 pm

Samara wrote:
Well i am aspie and it makes me go schitzo so unless i wanna be locked up in a psych hospital. I am staying away from it.
They dont call it THE HELL :evil: WEED for no reason.
what are you symptoms, I am pretty paranoid on it sometimes as well. :lol:

Samara
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Dec 2008, 3:29 pm

I think i am a witch and everyone is evil. I dont trust no one. i am scared as hell. I am not in reality. Its like I am psychotic. Last time i smoked it was with my bf and he come up to smiling and i told him to get away from me. He goes "she's weird on it." Well it makes me paranoid when some one bent comes up to me with this fullon deviat grin or just grinning at me like this :twisted: When i am thinking i am a witch. i am very spiritual.

beef_bourito
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2008, 3:45 pm

i've never heard anyone call it the hell weed before

Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2008, 5:02 pm

UndercoverAlien wrote:
I've read it for a dousend of times "gouverment lies, marijuana isn't dangerous" and "no permanent damage" or "it changed my way of thinking into clearly thinking" <-- things like that, now is it true that this drug is really GOOD drugs? Because all i read on the internet is good good and its a lie

LOL...

If you really believe that garbage you hear on the internet...

Marijuana doesn't at all make you smarter, I've witnessed it first hand from numerous friends/family.

KBABZ
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Middle Earth. Er, I mean Wellywood. Wait, Wellington.

09 Dec 2008, 6:04 pm

Samara wrote:

I know how you feel. Someone I loved got raped when she was on it too. So much for that 'friend'.

In a way
And sadness turned to comfort
We all go there

mystyc
Toucan
Toucan

09 Dec 2008, 6:23 pm

UndercoverAlien wrote:
I've read it for a dousend of times "gouverment lies, marijuana isn't dangerous" and "no permanent damage" or "it changed my way of thinking into clearly thinking" <-- things like that, now is it true that this drug is really GOOD drugs? Because all i read on the internet is good good and its a lie

Um... Wow, lol. It sounds like you are already on too many drugs as it is. I'd stay away from pot, if I were you. hah