Page 1 of 4 [ 56 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Kasuki-Chan
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2008, 3:52 pm

alright,. my mom is lettting me go vegetarian, do any of you have advice on substitutes for meat, and good sources of protein?

i just feel so guilty when i eat an animal...
here's my thoughts everytime i eat meat
"i'm eating a piece of cooked animal corpse..." O_o
*shudder*
thank goodness for my mom letting me go vegetarian...

"this is my kekkai genkai!" ~Kimimaro~R.I.P
TEAM HD3H, NEMESIS OF DELOREANDUDE!

ImTheGuyThatDidThat
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2008, 4:02 pm

I eat mainly bread, rice, potatos, pasta, vegtebals, fruit and stuff,
think thats good food - never been a vegeterian or anything, i just
dont like the smell and taste of meat and rearly eat it

Samara
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Dec 2008, 4:05 pm

I dont eat bread. i dont eat patatoes. Seeds and nuts and that kind of thing.

Ambivalence
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2008, 4:07 pm

I'm a veggie but I'm not very "strict" about it (I do eat dairy products and sometimes eat fish), how strict a vegetarian do you want to be? I can give you general advice on stuff to try but I'm not really "up" on the dietary side of things.

The year is still young.

ReGiFroFoLa
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Dec 2008, 4:07 pm

Eat loads of soy

Kasuki-Chan
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2008, 4:08 pm

Ambivalence wrote:
I'm a veggie but I'm not very "strict" about it (I do eat dairy products and sometimes eat fish), how strict a vegetarian do you want to be? I can give you general advice on stuff to try but I'm not really "up" on the dietary side of things.

just vegetarian, not vegan... i love milk ^^ i drink 2 gallons a week ^//^

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2008, 4:09 pm

Be sure to check the ingredients on the prepared foods that you buy. Many are prepared with eggs, milk-byproducts, or rendered animal fat, even though they aren't specifically "meat." Bakery goods, breads, and even gelatins have these ingredients, so check the label before you buy. And when in doubt, don't.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Kasuki-Chan
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2008, 4:11 pm

Fnord wrote:
Be sure to check the ingredients on the prepared foods that you buy. Many are prepared with eggs, milk-byproducts, or rendered animal fat, even though they aren't specifically "meat." Bakery goods, breads, and even gelatins have these ingredients, so check the label before you buy. And when in doubt, don't.

good advice Fnord, thx but i'm not going vegan, i just no longer want to be forced to eat animal corpse

Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2008, 4:17 pm

Who cares? Eat meat. Every living organism on this planet eats other live animals/people/whatever to survive. It's apart of nature.

Kasuki-Chan
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2008, 4:20 pm

886 wrote:
Who cares? Eat meat. Every living organism on this planet eats other live animals/people/whatever to survive. It's apart of nature.

yeah, but i feel guilty thinking about the cute animal that is now a corpse on my fork :(
poor animal...

Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2008, 4:48 pm

well, it's not like you killed him.

not to mention he's delicious.

Kasuki-Chan
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2008, 4:52 pm

886 wrote:
well, it's not like you killed him.

not to mention he's delicious.

not really... meat isn't all that good to me...

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2008, 5:09 pm

I was a vegetarian for ten years when I was younger. It did wonders for my health. I was a somewhat obese child and I lost a whole lot of weight...which did wonders for my self esteem...and I was really in to the whole animal rights thing etc...
Around my early 20's my (already lousy) short term memory got really bad..possibly because I was not getting enough of certain vitamins...I gradually fell off the wagon..first with fish..then with chicken soup...then I became a hard-core fajita addict...and gained alot of weight really fast.
Since then, I have been an on-again-off-again vegetarian...and am currently "on"...Have not been able to keep it up like I did for those ten years...I go through spurts of several months then slip up..
I don't intend to eat meat anytime soon, and am working on cutting out dairy.
I do have to keep up with my omegas though...or else...

Kasuki-Chan
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2008, 5:13 pm

poopylungstuffing wrote:
I was a vegetarian for ten years when I was younger. It did wonders for my health. I was a somewhat obese child and I lost a whole lot of weight...which did wonders for my self esteem...and I was really in to the whole animal rights thing etc...
Around my early 20's my (already lousy) short term memory got really bad..possibly because I was not getting enough of certain vitamins...I gradually fell off the wagon..first with fish..then with chicken soup...then I became a hard-core fajita addict...and gained alot of weight really fast.
Since then, I have been an on-again-off-again vegetarian...and am currently "on"...Have not been able to keep it up like I did for those ten years...I go through spurts of several months then slip up..
I don't intend to eat meat anytime soon, and am working on cutting out dairy.
I do have to keep up with my omegas though...or else...

wow, maybe i'll lose some weight, that would be awesome :)

Dollypony
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2008, 5:53 pm

I been a vegetarian since July of 2007 and still going strong...
Here's a bunch of websites to help you on becoming a vegetarian....actually I deleted most of the sites I knew...do not too many...
veggieboards.com- forum for people who are vegatarians, vegans, and raw foodists
mypyramid.gov- has some tips on what to eat
Go slow...don't go cold turky and watch your soy intake, it's not clear what its effect on females are...Nuts and seeds are a very good snack...don't think to sub a "meat" soy product for meat, experiment with bean and other foods...If you want to, you can pm me...

Last edited by Dollypony on 05 Dec 2008, 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kasuki-Chan
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2008, 5:59 pm

Dollypony wrote:
I been a vegetarian since July of 2007 and still going strong...
Here's a bunch of websites to help you on becoming a vegetarian....actually I deleted most of the sites I knew...do not too many...
veggieboards.com- forum for people who are vegatarians, vegans, and raw foodists
mypyramid.com- has some tips on what to eat
Go slow...don't go cold turky and watch your soy intake, it's not clear what its effect on females are...Nuts and seeds are a very good snack...don't think to sub a "meat" soy product for meat, experiment with bean and other foods...If you want to, you can pm me...

awesome... i'll look some of those up later... i should be vegetarian by next week when school begins on monday... i don't eat much meat anyways... so being vegetarian shouldn't be too hard ^^