what would you do if you spent the nite at a store?

Page 2 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

eddiedog8
Veteran
Veteran

Location: not in my house not in my street not in my shool but in my own world

15 Dec 2008, 4:52 am

id run around and shout at the scuriy camerers i gona nick ur stuff

KBABZ
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Middle Earth. Er, I mean Wellywood. Wait, Wellington.

15 Dec 2008, 5:59 am

Owendust wrote:
anna-banana wrote:
how would you keep the electricity going though?

Wow...

That made me imagine what it would be like to move through a room where all the photons cast by the lights in the store were frozen in time. I pictured myself walking through them, physically pushing them along with me until the front of me started to glow really bright. I imagined myself backing up to see a glowing negative of myself, like a mold of my entire body made of light, with a dark shadow-like path, where I'd displaced the photons mid-air, leading to the glowing me.

Although, I guess I wouldn't be able to see it because the photons would be stuck in mid-air, and not be traveling towards my eyes. But it's a cool thought, nonetheless.

Hmm...I wonder if that means that if we could freeze time, everything would appear to be pitch-black...okay, I'm gonna stop this line of thought before I give myself a headache.

Yes I've thought about that too. If time froze there's no way you could move independently of anything else. If you could it'd tear the fabric of space and time LITERALLY. Ignoring THAT, you couldn't interact with anything too much. If you smashed a pane of glass with a hammer it'd only shatter when time unfroze again. Your own clothes might be unmovable since your body might be affected by not being frozen but your clothes were excluded. Any pain you felt might not come until you unfroze. Any tiredness would only kick in when that happened. There would be no chemical reactions, so if you froze time to kill yourself you couldn't use a gun to do it. You could drink cyanide and nothing would happen! Starting cars would be impossible too, since the ignition will never work.

This is why we have to imagine it in a "What if" situation to make freezing time desirable and less confusing.

In a way
And sadness turned to comfort
We all go there

anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2008, 7:36 am

KBABZ wrote:
Owendust wrote:
anna-banana wrote:
how would you keep the electricity going though?

Wow...

That made me imagine what it would be like to move through a room where all the photons cast by the lights in the store were frozen in time. I pictured myself walking through them, physically pushing them along with me until the front of me started to glow really bright. I imagined myself backing up to see a glowing negative of myself, like a mold of my entire body made of light, with a dark shadow-like path, where I'd displaced the photons mid-air, leading to the glowing me.

Although, I guess I wouldn't be able to see it because the photons would be stuck in mid-air, and not be traveling towards my eyes. But it's a cool thought, nonetheless.

Hmm...I wonder if that means that if we could freeze time, everything would appear to be pitch-black...okay, I'm gonna stop this line of thought before I give myself a headache.

Yes I've thought about that too. If time froze there's no way you could move independently of anything else. If you could it'd tear the fabric of space and time LITERALLY. Ignoring THAT, you couldn't interact with anything too much. If you smashed a pane of glass with a hammer it'd only shatter when time unfroze again. Your own clothes might be unmovable since your body might be affected by not being frozen but your clothes were excluded. Any pain you felt might not come until you unfroze. Any tiredness would only kick in when that happened. There would be no chemical reactions, so if you froze time to kill yourself you couldn't use a gun to do it. You could drink cyanide and nothing would happen! Starting cars would be impossible too, since the ignition will never work.

This is why we have to imagine it in a "What if" situation to make freezing time desirable and less confusing.

wow another thing I'll be picturing for days to come ;p

I think if we want to be realistic the only way is to wipe out all the people, save for the ones who operate power plants, but they would have to be confined to doing that and nothing else like Sisyphus did.

gismo
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2008, 10:31 am

I'd eat some of the food there, grab loads of toys and play the PS3 in the games section. And then go to sleep on one of the beds in the home section, oh, and nick some stuff.. :lol:

DeLoreanDude
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2008, 12:01 pm

I would love to be in a Apple Store for a night! Would be so cool... All those gadgets!! !!

gismo
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2008, 1:10 pm

DeLoreanDude wrote:
I would love to be in a Apple Store for a night! Would be so cool... All those gadgets!! !!

:hail:
If any of these ideas ever come to happen, I'm coming with you!

KBABZ
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2008, 6:07 pm

They should do a sort of Urban Survivor!

anna-bannana, I think that it's more rewarding to do the what-if situation for the freezing time. You just ignore all those complications, like how James Bond films ignore the fact that James Bond has been in 50 different relationships.

In a way
We all go there

KBABZ
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2008, 6:08 pm

anna-bannana, I think that it's more rewarding to do the what-if situation for the freezing time. You just ignore all those complications, like how James Bond films ignore the fact that James Bond has been in 50 different relationships.

In a way
We all go there

anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2008, 6:17 pm

KBABZ wrote:

ha! I wish I could :roll:

KBABZ
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2008, 6:24 pm

Ahh, the old "I can't ignore them because it's impossible isn't it?!" thing. Yeah my imagination wasn't as grounded as that when I was a kid.

Gravity might be another problem, as that wouldn't come into effect when time is frozen either, right?

And on the chemical thing, I think muscle movements can't be done because they are a chemical reaction AS WELL! That means that it's possible to freeze time forever! Ahhh!! !

In a way
We all go there

anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2008, 7:07 pm

still though, it *is* possible to just get locked in a store overnight.

and in that case... PAR-TAY! :P

ImTheGuyThatDidThat
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2008, 7:53 pm

To be honest, and very very boring,
i would get out and go home - i have
no wish to spend a night in a store,
i would just be waiting to get out of
there anyway - and if we are talking
about in real life, then anything i screw
up i have to pay for unless i`m breaking
in and sneaking out so it just doesn`t
make much sense to me in a way

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2008, 8:10 pm

I remember a children's book (fairly old) about two kids who used to sleep in a museum overnight. Can't remember the name, tho.

In a former life (the early 80s...;) I was a security guard. Spent a few all-nighters in a store. You're not missing much...;)

pandd
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2008, 9:44 pm

When I was a child, I had a recurring fantasy about being locked in a store overnight.

anna-banana wrote:
I remember I read a short story about a guy who finds himself in such situation. what he did was go to the Louvre or some other museum and smash all the Mona Lisas and other artwork.

I think it must be a a recurring theme. Quiet Earth for instance is an example of another fictional depiction along these lines.

Beenthere
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2008, 10:31 pm

First I'd find a skateboard and ride it up and down the aisles full tilt until I got tired (those floors just cry out "skateboard") ...then I'd probably grab something to munch on and hit the video game section.

They could probably lock me up in there every night for 3 months and I guarantee I'd never get bored. 8) Seriously, and insomniac aspie and a deserted store full of toys and gadgets? Sounds like pure "torture"...:lol:

FireFox
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Dec 2008, 3:41 pm

KBABZ wrote:
I'd head to the Games and Toys section. Oh, and the batteries section if need be.

This relates to one of my 'little worlds'. Being the only person on Earth that exists, or at least pausing time for everything but me. Everything like water and electricity would still work. I'd go on a personal road trip around New Zealand (or the North Island, as I don't know how to boat across Cook Strait) and swipe everything I like.

Oh, but you wouldn't be able to go on a road trip because there would be a bunch of stopped cars on the road when you paused time for everyone else.