white or colored Christmas lights.

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

FireFox
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Dec 2008, 9:10 am

Which would you have?

Note that if you don't have both, it's racist.

PrisonerSix
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2008, 5:02 pm

I think colored lights look nice.

When we did Christmas lights, my mother always insisted on white lights. She wanted everything in white. We had white walls in our house, very light colored carpeting, the kitchen was in white, we even had a room full of white furniture. Everything had to be white, my wife thought her house looked like a hosptial.

"I am not a number, I am a free man!"

Moop
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Location: Right here! Ya! Right behind the monitors glass! Get me out of here!

17 Dec 2008, 5:21 pm

The white lights look clean, simple, and elegant. The colored ones look good on a tree if you have one.
I don't have any lights though.

moo_cow
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 Dec 2008, 6:48 pm

The airplane runway lights I saw today reminded me of christmas lights, many colors too. I like colors. Just white would be dull to me.

grinningcat
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

18 Dec 2008, 10:33 am

FireFox wrote:
Which would you have?

Note that if you don't have both, it's racist.

^^ I know you are joking on that, although it reminded me of a letter to the editor yesterday, in which someone basically called my city racist, by the sheer proof that there were mostly white people living in the area. The white people haven't been actively keeping out anybody, as far as I know, and certainly sheer numbers are not an indicator of cultural hate. They need a better definition of racism... :roll:

Anyway, your question - I put on white lights this year. They appealed to me for some reason. Actually, I wanted a white tree this year, but I ended up just not having time, and put up my little 4.5 footer. I do think I will get blinking lights next time, the steady glow is a little boring, although it does pick up the glint of the glass balls quite nicely:).

ImTheGuyThatDidThat
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2008, 10:58 am

I sometimes decorate some big bushes outside
with small lights, i use plain white ones because
when it snows on them the bush gets this nice
white-yellowish glow - if i use colored bulbs it
looks like theres a carnival crashing in my
garden in a way

Kaleido
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2008, 12:37 pm

I just bought a new tree and it came with lights and decorations. They are white lights. I wasn't expecting lights so I am very happy to just have some lights :D

Kimmy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Dec 2008, 3:56 pm

I used to have a string of lights that each bulb was 2 different colors. But we got a new tree that has OLNEY white lights. I think that looks boring. :colors:

18 Dec 2008, 4:03 pm

Colored.

EnglishLulu
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2008, 5:12 pm

Sometimes I like plain, simple white lights. I particularly like to see a skyline from a roof terrace and see all the pretty white building lights far into the distance.

But I also like coloured fairy lights. In fact, I have coloured fairy lights strung upon along the wall above my fireplace all year round, and they're on a timer, so they come on every night. They're the cheap, kitschy multi-coloured fairy lights.

I'm sure I would have loved one of those sensory light rooms as a child, well, probably still would in all honesty. :oops: :lol:

Flismflop
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2008, 5:33 pm

I like multi-colored lights, and any time of the year (not just in December). I don't like them blinking at all. I do think it would be nice if they could twinkle though, like stars. The only lights I hate are ones with a super-bright, blue-ish hue. Some clowns put those in their car's headlights, apparently because they like to piss everyone else off.