What are some Obession you have or had?

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Plasticine
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

28 Dec 2008, 1:06 am

For me i am obessed with collecting wrappers from tea bags. I use to be obessed with dressing up as a vampire and every now and then i get an obession with a kind of food. . What are some obessions you have or had? :D

Ryn
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Dec 2008, 2:16 am

Animes are often big obessions for me: Sailor Moon, Fruits Basket, DNAngel, Kyou Kara Maou,

Other obsessions, in no particular order, include: the 2008 election, autism, creativity books, current events, sociopathy, books about literature, literary theory, and writing. There have been more, but these are the most recent ro lnog lasting obsessions.

BoringAl
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

28 Dec 2008, 9:12 pm

My main obsessions over the last couple of years has been:

Harry Harrison the SF author (very underappreciated)

Linux on the desktop

TV and home theater technology even though I only have a 12 year old TV and an old DVD player

The Doors (Music of course)

For about the last year I have added Autism and smartphone technology.

Plasticine

28 Dec 2008, 9:29 pm

I get obessed with a band ocassionally. A little while ago it was Placebo.

Ah_Q
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2008, 12:37 am

My main obsession right now is audio and music recording, especially crafting guitar tones.

turborocker5000
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Dec 2008, 8:12 am

my currect obsession is Cupa Soups. Cream of Asparagus... mmm. It's the only thing I've been eating for 3 days now.. I won't eat anything else. I've gone through about 8 packets now... :-S
I'm so obsessed I've even joined a cupa soup appreciation group on facebook..

Charlie x

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2008, 10:22 pm

My most consistent lifelong obsession has been animals, especially cats. Siamese, tabbies, and Calicos are my favorites, because those are the kinds of cats I have.

Other interests have included music, geography, languages and various medical issues, including Asperger Syndrome.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2008, 11:26 am

Since I was a child, my obsessions have always revolved around either animated movies/series or video games. My obsession has been exclusively Japanese anime since I was about 12-13. I've been a Hellsing and Trinity Blood fan since I was 16, and very recently I've broadened my horizons to include several others: Code Geass, Gurren Lagann, Elfen Lied and Higurashi.

Other big obsessions I've had in the past include: The Land Before Time, the animated movie Balto, The Lion King, Pokemon, Digimon, Donkey Kong Country (both the games and the animated series), Beetlejuice (the animated series), Hamtaro, Rurouni Kenshin, Inuyasha, Naruto and One Piece.

Minor, miscellaneous interests I've had in the past: Tenchi Muyo, Cardcaptor Sakura, Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo, Banjo-Kazooie and Diddy Kong Racing.

Last edited by IdahoRose on 31 Dec 2008, 2:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

compgrokker
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

30 Dec 2008, 11:37 am

My biggest obsession one time was Pink Floyd. Just about every bit of Pink Floyd trivia, I'd study like my life depended on it. Politics is another one that comes and goes. FLCL (anime). Psychology. Linux. Cars (I kinda want to be a mechanic. Maybe after I finish computer engineering I'll scrape together the money to learn that. My fiance and I are planning to start restoring old cars when we get a house). Some mathematical concepts.

SeizeTheDay
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2008, 11:39 am

Queen (the band) that was probably the most obsessed I've ever gotten with something
Neurology
Medical Conditions/anything that has to do with the medical field (this has been going on since I was 10)
Down Syndrome
Epilepsy
Narcolepsy
Gnomes
Sunglasses
The Beatles-this one is becoming my major one now...
Cheerios..I would buy every single type of cheerios and that was the only thing I would eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Every day. I lost a few pounds.

I think that's it...there may have been some from when I was really young that I don't remember...

"The person who knows everything has a lot to learn."

"Dubito, ergo cogito, ergo sum" (I doubt, therefore I think, therefore I am) René Descartes

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2008, 12:54 pm

Cars
Speedometers
Supermarkets
Photography
Beer (particularly craft beer) / cask ale / alcohol
Car number plates
British Empire
Unionism (especially Ulster Unionism and its attendant culture)
British overseas territories
Police cars
Food
Travel
Civil liberties / liberal politics
Denmark, its culture and its craft brewing tradition
Films
Censorship (mainly film censorship in the UK but also other kinds too)
Libraries
Internet
Toilets

Abstract_Logic
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2008, 8:15 pm

I've had many obsessions. To name them all would be impossible. Some have come and gone, some have come and stayed, and some just won't go the hell away. However, I will only be listing the two former types of obsessions.

I will start with March of 2008.

-The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (video-game)
-Science Fiction
-Psychology
-Mathematics (Set Theory and Theory of Arithmetic)
-Language History
-Prehistoric Life (current)

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2008, 8:20 pm

Sex and Money.

Unfortunately, I could never combine the two in a way that was both pleasant and profitable to me. Since money gets me through times of no sex better and longer than sex ever got me through times of no money, I've made earning a paycheck my number-one priority.

Although sex maintains a very close second place! :wink:

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.