Page 1 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

cman_yall
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Feb 2009, 1:35 pm

I have this theory. Men will do almost anything for sex, that's just the way we're wired. The ones who weren't wired that way didn't breed as much, so to the extent that personality is influenced by genes, we're influenced towards doing anything for sex.

In our society, women get to decide who is going to have sex with them. Sometimes they may want someone they can't have, but that's by far the less likely scenario than a man wanting someone he can't have. So with some slight exceptions, women (and to a growing extent, girls) are the ones who decide what a man has to be/do in order to have sex. This collective power is huge, and basically defines society.

Up until fairly recently, the structure of society meant that it was unacceptable to have casual sex with strangers, or even sex before marriage in extreme cases. Obviously it happened, but you weren't allowed to discuss it. This meant that in order to get sex, a man almost had to get married, and in order to get married, he had to be good marriage material - sensible, reliable, hard working in order to provide for a family, etc.

This is no longer the case. Casual sex with people who you met recently is now not merely acceptable, it's practically expected! Some people would consider that there's something wrong with you if you're not out "scoring" every weekend. So what kind of behaviour are today's women and girls rewarding?

Discuss.

BellaDonna
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2009, 1:43 pm

:x I had it with men's theories It's not all about sex. It's about love and every one needs some one. Also most adults have a physical need and strong desire for sex - Men and women. Just blame it on the womans p****. I'm sick of this and I'm signing off.

garyww
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2009, 2:59 pm

Cman I don't get you're point. Casual sex is pretty much the norm today so what exactly are you trying to say? Is it good or bad or indifferent and I'm not even sure the person who posts as BellaDonna is a woman so I can't properly address her/his reply yet.

gina-ghettoprincess
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2009, 3:11 pm

(BellaDonna is a woman.)

I don't really get the point either, so I can't comment yet.

y es como un semestre"

Jacob12
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

16 Feb 2009, 4:38 pm

I feel it's bad, it's a sign of society's declining morals.

Metalwolf
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2009, 10:39 pm

Jacob12 wrote:
I feel it's bad, it's a sign of society's declining morals.
I agree.

With us ladies, its not all about sex. Its true that many of us could find a man willing to sleep with us, but is that what we really are after? No. A lot of times after the act, we end up feeling used, especially if the man we've been with us is not our significant other. We usually want a man to be there for us, to love us, to be with us through thick and thin. Not some guy who might just see us as an object to be used for pleasure and then as a subject mentioned to his friends of how he 'scored' last night.

There might be the many short term sexual relationships out there, but the real relationships that are satisfying and last for years, are so much more then sex.

twoshots
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2009, 10:50 pm

cman_yall wrote:
I have this theory. Men will do almost anything for sex, that's just the way we're wired. The ones who weren't wired that way didn't breed as much, so to the extent that personality is influenced by genes, we're influenced towards doing anything for sex.

In our society, women get to decide who is going to have sex with them. Sometimes they may want someone they can't have, but that's by far the less likely scenario than a man wanting someone he can't have. So with some slight exceptions, women (and to a growing extent, girls) are the ones who decide what a man has to be/do in order to have sex. This collective power is huge, and basically defines society.

Crudely, yes, but you haven't identified explicitly why this would be the case. Women would be selected to be more choosy (as is the case in many species, although I stress here it is perhaps not difficult to be more choosy than a male in terms of short term flings) on the principle of highly limited reproductive resources, whereas a male can potentially have, umm, a lot of kids.

TheLemonSquish
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

16 Feb 2009, 10:55 pm

I agree wholeheartedly with Metalwolf. Sex, I suppose ( I wouldn't know for sure, I'm not a man) is most guys' main goal, whereas a woman's (or at least, my) goal is love. Not just affectionate attachment or a short-term, hot-and-heavy sex affair, but love. And I must say I disapprove completely of all this promiscuous nonsense. I tend to take after my grandmother when it comes to these things, meaning I believe in modesty, chivalry, and leaving something to the imagination. :wink: Don't get me wrong; I believe sex is a wholly natural and healthy part of life, but I think there should be a strong, definite, preferably long-term commitment involved. I'm Pagan, so I don't hold completely to the "No-sex-before-marriage" thing that the Christian (or at least, the Catholic) Church preaches. However, it doesn't mean I'm a heathen hussy. Sex is an intimate, chemically bonding experience, and should be shared carefully and with someone who deserves it. :)

twoshots
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2009, 10:58 pm

Exhibit B

TheLemonSquish

16 Feb 2009, 11:02 pm

Referring to my last post, "Someone who deserves it" would refer to a man with whom one is in a long-term courtship and in which both parties have professed emotional commitment to each other. Someone who displays the preferred qualities set forth by the opposite party's preferences, and with whom a mutual consent has been reached. i.e. Layman's terms: I'm into you, you're into me, gee willickers I think you're swell, and you think I'm just peachy keen, and these sentiments have been thus for a while now; let's do it.

BellaDonna
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2009, 11:49 pm

TheLemonSquish wrote:
Referring to my last post, "Someone who deserves it" would refer to a man with whom one is in a long-term courtship and in which both parties have professed emotional commitment to each other. Someone who displays the preferred qualities set forth by the opposite party's preferences, and with whom a mutual consent has been reached. i.e. Layman's terms: I'm into you, you're into me, gee willickers I think you're swell, and you think I'm just peachy keen, and these sentiments have been thus for a while now; let's do it.

Thankyou for being articulate because that is also what I mean and men shouldn't put the blame game on women for sexual immorality or what you want to call it.

ZEGH8578
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2009, 12:25 am

cman_yall wrote:

Up until fairly recently, the structure of society meant that it was unacceptable to have casual sex with strangers, or even sex before marriage in extreme cases. Obviously it happened, but you weren't allowed to discuss it. This meant that in order to get sex, a man almost had to get married, and in order to get married, he had to be good marriage material - sensible, reliable, hard working in order to provide for a family, etc.

This is no longer the case. Casual sex with people who you met recently is now not merely acceptable, it's practically expected! Some people would consider that there's something wrong with you if you're not out "scoring" every weekend. So what kind of behaviour are today's women and girls rewarding?

Discuss.

i hope im not going off topic here, but

male humans have the largest penises per body size, than any other mammal, at least that i know of.
this is natural selection. if females today say "size doesnt matter" it really means "size did matter, but we are actually satisfied now!". look at chimps, and their pointy pink carrot-stick they got, human's ones were like that once too, but females wanted it differently, and they got it.

the trade has been fair tho, the female breasts have turned from purely lactating bags, into fat reserves, for the exact same reason. originally, the fat would gather in the breasts as well as the rest of the body. in a stone age society, fat people were rare, and a shining sign of plenty of food and prosperity.
in time, men has demanded the sign of healthyness, combined with a un-obese body, that is: boobs.

men and women have shaped each others bodies.

BellaDonna
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2009, 12:27 am

ZEGH8578 wrote:
cman_yall wrote:

Discuss.

i hope im not going off topic here, but

male humans have the largest penises per body size, than any other mammal, at least that i know of.
this is natural selection. if females today say "size doesnt matter" it really means "size did matter, but we are actually satisfied now!". look at chimps, and their pointy pink carrot-stick they got, human's ones were like that once too, but females wanted it differently, and they got it.

the trade has been fair tho, the female breasts have turned from purely lactating bags, into fat reserves, for the exact same reason. originally, the fat would gather in the breasts as well as the rest of the body. in a stone age society, fat people were rare, and a shining sign of plenty of food and prosperity.
in time, men has demanded the sign of healthyness, combined with a un-obese body, that is: boobs.

men and women have shaped each others bodies.

That is so beautiful when you make love - the female and the male figure compliment each other.

17 Feb 2009, 1:06 am

Lot of men are pigs. If you're pretty, most of them are taking you out because they want your body. :x Here is a cool test for them, make them wait six months before you give it to them. If they leave, then well well well it was all they were after. I made my bf wait six months because he was always asking for it and always wanting it so I decided to wait six months to make sure we still be together then. Plus I wanted to take it slow.

If they ask for it on the first date, run. That was why they took you out. They might not take out again anyway because they didn't get what they wanted.
If they follow you into your home and refuse to leave, don't ever go out with them again. I learned that from my mother.

Coadunate
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2009, 1:13 am

Here’s what I could never understand about casual sex. First let me ask everyone who has had casual sex reading this two questions and please do not continue to read the rest of my reply until you have answered them. You do not have to write the answer to the first question for all to read but please try to write the answer to the second question. Please think very carefully before answering each question.
1. What thought goes through your mind when you are having sex with someone and have an orgasm?
2. Is this thought disparate from your thoughts the next day and if so how do you reconcile these dichotomous contradictory polar views?

As for me, I have never been able to reconcile the two and avoid casual sex like castor oil- or a very unpleasant experience for those too young to know what that is.

ZEGH8578
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2009, 1:22 am

Coadunate wrote:
Here’s what I could never understand about casual sex. First let me ask everyone who has had casual sex reading this two questions and please do not continue to read the rest of my reply until you have answered them. You do not have to write the answer to the first question for all to read but please try to write the answer to the second question. Please think very carefully before answering each question.
1. What thought goes through your mind when you are having sex with someone and have an orgasm?
2. Is this thought disparate from your thoughts the next day and if so how do you reconcile these dichotomous contradictory polar views?

As for me, I have never been able to reconcile the two and avoid casual sex like castor oil- or a very unpleasant experience for those too young to know what that is.

had it not been for casual sex, i'd be "the 30 year old virgin"

1. "i am hannibal the conqueror!"
2. the next day i feel lucky, that i "got some", and look at my hands, thinking "huh, thats one step closer to be able to count my encounters on a whole hand!"
those are my honest answers.

i dont see the huge deal, its just meat and stuff. i have yet to 'do it' w someone i truly love tho. more to learn i guess, more to look foreward to.