Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

norintha
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Oct 2013, 2:13 am

I'm about to get my first tattoo in a couple months and I am really stuck on what to get. I've been a gamer ever since i was 4 and I want a tattoo that represents my passion for games and how they have impacted my life. I was thinking about getting the triforce on the inside of my wrist but that seems unoriginal. A lot of people get triforce tattoos. I don't wanna seem like everyone else. (plus i really dont like the look of yellow ink on skin. idk why. maybe i should get it black?) Should I still get the triforce or should i get something else? Please give me some advice. Thank you. :)

elkclan
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2013, 1:35 pm

I have a couple of tattoos and I've never regretted getting them in easily concealable places. :)

Don't get one on your wrist. Plus - owwww.

I would advise getting something quite obscure that has meaning for you. Go back through old gaming books and find a piece of artwork or just an element of artwork that has meaning for you.

It costs NOTHING to go and have a consultation with a high quality tattoo artist, they can advise you and talk to you about adapting artwork and designing a new piece that suits your needs.

Don't rush into tattoos. Like kids, they're permanent. Especially those with lighter coloured inks - yellows, pinks, etc.

There are some Zelda-esque tattoo ideas here: http://www.geekytattoos.com/tag/zelda/

scorpileo
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2013, 9:57 am

how about the notes for zeldas' lullaby or something?

though it's 'unoriginal' im a sucker for a master sword or a hyruian crest.

StarCity
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2013, 2:28 pm

In my opinion my advice is not to get a tattoo.
My step grandfather advised me against getting one saying "If people like Hitler came back at some time in your future they could identify you with your tattoo. They may be bad people bent on their ideal of cleansing."
I didn't get a tattoo.

It isn't natural for me, but it enables me to "fit in".
It is VERY tiring and draining, but at least we can appear like them even though it is an act. Like being on the stage.
They can't see it is emulation, and so we are accepted.

stardraigh
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2013, 2:37 pm

norintha wrote:
I'm about to get my first tattoo in a couple months and I am really stuck on what to get. I've been a gamer ever since i was 4 and I want a tattoo that represents my passion for games and how they have impacted my life. I was thinking about getting the triforce on the inside of my wrist but that seems unoriginal. A lot of people get triforce tattoos. I don't wanna seem like everyone else. (plus i really dont like the look of yellow ink on skin. idk why. maybe i should get it black?) Should I still get the triforce or should i get something else? Please give me some advice. Thank you. :)

I'd go with something different and something not Zelda/Link. I've seen the heart meter, tri-force, A/B item slots with an item in them, one of the hyrule shield insignias, master sword, and even the characters or monsters. All of Zelda tats have been done. Be different.

Other than Zelda, were there any other games you ended up playing when you started gaming? List out several of your fav games and we here at WP can probably help you better with ideas.

My Blog
Deviantart Page