Page 4 of 4 [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Alternative
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2006, 10:54 am

It's cloudy, chilly, and windy where I am. I like this type of weather. :)

mattw
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

02 Sep 2006, 1:54 pm

Just had the worst August i recall in South Yorkshire (uk) Rain, Cold, Wind in the middle of British Summer. Then again its England so we can expect anything with the weather. The forcast is sunny for the next 2 days then rain for the rest of the week.

superfantastic
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2006, 2:40 pm

It's sunny and warm, I love it! I'm enjoying it from indoors.

nadroJ
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2020, 2:37 am

It is cloudy today and it gives the outdoor green environment more dark green contrast.

There are some little rays of sunshine radiating through the clouds.

Very calm, neutral, still weather. No wind or rain.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2020, 3:58 am

The Atlantic hurricane season got off to a busy start, then there was a lull: What's next?

Quote:
The 2020 Atlantic hurricane season is still expected to be a busy one, despite a brief lull in activity after a fast start in May and June.

The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) predicts a 60% chance of an above-normal season: As many as 19 named storms and up to 10 hurricanes.

"You need to be preparing for this season as if this is the year you're going to get hit," Dennis Feltgen, a meteorologist at the National Hurricane Center in Miami, told USA TODAY. "If you do that, the odds are very good you will be a hurricane survivor, rather than a hurricane victim."

The Atlantic hurricane season, which officially runs from June 1 to Nov. 30, has already spawned six named storms — including Tropical Storm Fay, which formed Thursday off the North Carolina coast. The peak of the season is mid-August through late October, and people should be on guard, meteorologists say.

There will not be an El Niño climate pattern present this season, according to the NOAA. El Niño, a natural warming of seawater in the tropical Pacific Ocean, tends to decrease hurricane activity in the Atlantic, Caribbean and Gulf of Mexico. Weather conditions are trending toward a neutral or a La Niña climate pattern, indicating cooler ocean water that often increases hurricanes in the Atlantic.

A busy hurricane season and the coronavirus pandemic 'is a cataclysmic scenario'

Feltgen said the Atlantic hurricane season is "ahead of the pace" with its early start. Tropical Storm Edouard, the earliest fifth tropical storm since the 1960s, became a post-tropical cyclone on Monday as it tracked toward Ireland and the United Kingdom, AccuWeather reported.

Meanwhile, Fay is expected to bring heavy rain and gusty winds to parts of the mid-Atlantic coast and southern New England.

Arthur and Bertha both formed off of the eastern U.S. shoreline in May. Cristobal became the Atlantic's earliest "C" named storm on record June 2. In past years, "C" named storms do not typically occur until around mid-August. Cristobal reached land along the U.S. Gulf Coast.

Dolly was the second-earliest "D" named storm to ever reach the basin, though it did not make landfall.

Gonzalo and Hannah will be the next two named storms of 2020.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

justkillingtime
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2020, 11:56 pm

It is supposed to be 100 F here in DC this Sunday.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2020, 1:17 am

My part of the world has been getting much more rain than usual for this time of the year.

lowerr
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Jul 2020, 6:06 am

huh, interesting info, thanks! the weather here is absolutely normal and boring :D

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2020, 6:29 am

i thank god every day, i'd get down on my knees to do so if arthritis didn't forbid this, for the delightfully mild summer weather i've gotten to enjoy so far. haven't had to hook up the a/c yet and july is half-over. i imagine the heat may well come in the next two weeks at most, and be oppressive, but until then i can go outside and walk without losing half my body weight to sweating. i so love gray, overcast weather. :heart:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2020, 6:30 am

i just noticed this thread was revived FOURTEEN YEARS after the last post! :lol:

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2020, 8:39 am

auntblabby wrote:
i just noticed this thread was revived FOURTEEN YEARS after the last post! :lol:

I noticed that too. It is neat looking at some of the avatars from over a decade ago though.

One of my special interest was weather. Not just current weather but historical weather from 1 A.D. to 1900 A.D. I spent a year tracking down ancient historical accounts and assembled it into a 1,411 page long manuscript that I placed on-line. Here is a link: A
 Chronological 
Listing 
of 
Early
 Weather
 Events

It is a funny thing about special interest. Something just captures your eye and you have to know everything about it.

There were many interesting weather events over the past couple centuries. Sometimes you just have to stand in awe!

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2020, 9:59 am

jimmy m wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

I noticed that too. It is neat looking at some of the avatars from over a decade ago though.

One of my special interest was weather. Not just current weather but historical weather from 1 A.D. to 1900 A.D. I spent a year tracking down ancient historical accounts and assembled it into a 1,411 page long manuscript that I placed on-line. Here is a link: A
 Chronological 
Listing 
of 
Early
 Weather
 Events

It is a funny thing about special interest. Something just captures your eye and you have to know everything about it.

There were many interesting weather events over the past couple centuries. Sometimes you just have to stand in awe!

That is an amazing work. Well done.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

nadroJ
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2023, 4:44 am

Today it is light cloud with a light breeze but no rain. The temperature outside is 10 Celsius. 88% humidity.