Snowy Owl

20 Apr 2009, 3:08 pm

I don't do it. Never have.

TheSpecialKid
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Apr 2009, 3:39 pm

Lol... Who would...

And BTW. I don't think this topic belongs in the "General Autism Discussion"-Forum.
Try in "Random Discussion".

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

20 Apr 2009, 3:53 pm

I don't dip cookies in milk either. I know many people do, but I never understood why.

Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2009, 4:12 pm

Yeah, I think this is more of a random discussion topic...

But to answer the question:

I never have, and I never got why people would even think of it... but I think it might be more of an American/Canadian (or maybe UK?) thing as over here (the Netherlands) I've *never* heard/read about anyone mentioning dipping cookies in milk... or eating cookies with milk.

Though when I was younger, I did dip cookies and toast in tea.

Tomasu
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2009, 4:14 pm

^^ I am very sorry as I believe I do not dip happy cookies in milk and have not done so in the past. However, I believe I do dip happy biscuits in cups of tea or coffee.

mitharatowen
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2009, 4:18 pm

I've done it.. I like the taste of milk mixed with cookies but I don't like it if it makes the cookie soggy. If I have an especially crispy cookie, I may dip it in milk breifly but usually I prefer to drink the milk seperately.

I also do not put milk in my cereal for the same reason, I can't stand the sogginess. I drink a glass of milk on the side and eat the cereal dry.

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2009, 4:24 pm

The way the cookie crumbles random topic

Dry cereal is good. Cookies in milk? No. Crumby!

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo

subliculous
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 Apr 2009, 4:36 pm

never, ever.

hate the concept, it's one of those many "other people" things that i or my family have never done.

Hala
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Apr 2009, 5:04 pm

I don't. Why anyone would want to make something soggy I don't know.

Marcia
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2009, 5:39 pm

Never have and never will!

CleverKitten
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2009, 5:45 pm

Oh dear. Looks like I'm the odd one out on this one.

I do dip my cookies in milk. I keep them in there just long enough to become almost saturated, but not completely soggy and mushy. Oh, I love it so. I make sure there is a slight crispiness.

But I do not like it when the cookie crumbles up in my milk and leaves lots of soggy crumbs. I end up feeding that milk (now 'tainted') to the dogs. :lol:

Check out my blog: http://glanceoutthewindow.blogspot.com/

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2009, 6:09 pm

I've had Chips Ahoy and Oreos in milk before. I don't let them get soggy. I make sure to take them out before sogginess occurs. On that note, anybody try cereal straws? I had some Fruit Loops cereal straws and, while they are good without milk, they get really weird in milk. One time I had a glass a milk with a cereal straw in it and this funny film from the straw was on the surface of the milk and I couldn't deal. The milk had this strange yellow glaze on top kind of like when someone spits something into a public pool and you are swimming along and suddenly you see this plasmotic thing floating like a fungus and you realize it's time to get out.

I had to throw the remaining milk down the drain in the kitchen sink.

Another thing that gets really mushy and soggy in milk is the Puffed Rice brand of cereal they sell in bags by the Malt O Meal cereals. That stuff gets soggy the minute you put the milk in and it's really gross. I don't mind cereal in milk but I make sure I eat it before it has time to get soggy.

PowerGirl
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Apr 2009, 6:40 pm

I'm an odd one out too! I don't do it often though. Just when I'm trying to finish my milk. Even then, I often drop a cookie in my milk. Then, I take another and dip and eat it and drink my milk as I go and then at the end, the cookie is at the bottom so I dip my glass over to try to catch it in my mouth without getting it over my face. Mom doesn't like it when I do that...
I don't dip cookies very often. I'm usually grabbing one and running away while i try to see if I can shove it in my mouth at once. I love doing that. -Power Girl

McTell
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2009, 6:51 pm

I've never heard of dipping cookies in milk.

I remember in playgroup (so I was about 3) we were all told to dip our digestives in our orange diluting-juice. Why was this? I have no idea. Soggy, orangey digestives are unpleasant.

androo4salez
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Apr 2009, 8:37 pm

If milk is available with my cookies, I dip them. And I make them soggy too. It tastes better that way, especially if they are chocolate chip cookies.

"All things new are fought against, even thought their time has come. Stretch and reach to conscious mind. Seek defeat in those who fear."
- Henrik Ohlsson

grizeldatee
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

20 Apr 2009, 8:53 pm

Nope.

But even worse than the dipping is when the person picks up the cup of cookie-crumbed milk and ..... drinks it.
*shudder*