Page 1 of 5 [ 66 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Chimchar
Toucan
Toucan

28 Apr 2009, 7:56 am

I'm not trying to be racist or anything. I'm black myself.

I....just hate them. They are rude, loud, obnoxious, and disrespectful especially to the adults. I hate how they use the term "racist" to get away with everything. I just hate those "ghetto" kids the most. Thank God, I don't live near them. Maybe one day, there's a chance a ghetto kid could pull a gun at you and shoot you. I get made fun of because I act like a "white" girl, I'm not black enough for these people.

Last edited by Chimchar on 28 Apr 2009, 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

BelindatheNobody
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2009, 8:04 am

No. Don't see why I should.

Chimchar wrote:
They are rude, loud, obnoxious, and disrespectful especially to the adults.

Aren't most kids these days?

Flavors of: Nobody. Slytherin. Autistic.

Chimchar
Toucan
Toucan

28 Apr 2009, 8:06 am

BelindatheNobody wrote:

Chimchar wrote:

But the ghetto kids are the worst of them all.

BelindatheNobody
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2009, 8:11 am

Chimchar wrote:
BelindatheNobody wrote:

Chimchar wrote:

But the ghetto kids are the worst of them all.

If you say so.
Personally, I think I live with the worst kid ever, and he is not black, he's mexican-american, although that has nothing to do with anything.

Chimchar
Toucan
Toucan

28 Apr 2009, 8:25 am

I'm sorry. But some kids are ready to pull out a gun and shoot you.

Don't they even stop to think why blacks and ghettos have a bad reputation?

This is what happened:

Quote:
I had my dad pick me up from college. We went past the "ghettos" and we reached the point where traffic was getting a little heavy. We saw a little kid ride his bike INBETWEEN cars on a green light. He bumped right into my dad's cab, and when my dad passed him the boy flipped(middle finger) him off. That's to the point where I'm extremely pissed off. I'm surprised my dad let him go.

If that was me driving the car, and if that brat flipped me off, I would not hesitate to stop the car and tell him off. If I ran that kid over, I will not pay his medical bills, even if it was like a court order. I don't care if that kid's got a broken leg, someone's paying for the damages to that car.

I begin to wonder if this kid had been raised by gorillas. What kind of swine raised that kid and other teens to be so disrespectful and think it's okay to flip off adults, Rob banks, and break into someone's home.

Acacia
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2009, 8:26 am

Chimchar wrote:
I just hate those "ghetto" kids the most.

I think this is probably what you're after here. Culture, not race.
"Ghetto" culture is something that any race can ascribe to.
I work in schools, and indeed, there are white kids who act this way too.
Of course, statistically, there are more black people who identify with this culture, but it cannot be said that skin color determines behavior.

Aside: this post probably needs to be moved to Random Discussion, as it has nothing to do with autism.

Last edited by Acacia on 28 Apr 2009, 8:31 am, edited 2 times in total.

BelindatheNobody
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2009, 8:29 am

Chimchar wrote:
I'm sorry. But some kids are ready to pull out a gun and shoot you.

Oh, I know it. I'm sure some of the kids around where I live would too, and the ones I'm talking about aren't black, so. (Annnnnd they're the kids the kid I live with likes to hang out with.)
Violent, disrespectful, mocking, immature, unlawful brats.

Quote:
Don't they even stop to think why blacks and ghettos have a bad reputation?

Of course not. Those type of people only care about themselves.... if that.

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2009, 8:33 am

I'm way past 40 years old and I find that "kids" today are generally nasty no matter what their race. They'e being poisoned by the media which has been their "babysitter" for a long time now. The parents don't keep on top of things especially with TV. I see TV as being the same thing as letting a "stranger" in your home to do whatever it pleases to your kids...even if you're in the kitchen washing dishes...and "cable" TV is the worst! No substance, only "flash".
When I watch television, I'm so hypnotized by the sounds, flashing colors, etc...that I can't even follow a story anymore...much like an addiction to video games. It's all down to bad parenting, not race, and especially due to bad role models as well. Kids today are like little mafiosi, gangsta b*****s, and the like because that is seen as desirable and acceptable behavior. Christians or anyone else "sincerely" humble to God is seen as a "dork". It's "the me" generation. When you get a group of "me, me, me" people, you get a dangerous gang mentality with poisoned ideals and a hugh threat to society...well, normal society anyway.
Don't let anyone ever tell you that psychos and generally nasty people have low self-esteem. That's a BIG LIE. They have inflated esteems!

Nephesh
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Apr 2009, 8:41 am

Acacia wrote:
Culture, not race.
"Ghetto" culture is something that any race can ascribe to.
I work in schools, and indeed, there are white kids who act this way too.
Of course, statistically, there are more black people who identify with this culture, but it cannot be said that skin color determines behavior.

Aside: this post probably needs to be moved to Random Discussion, as it has nothing to do with autism.

Depends on what you mean by "race" or by "culture". The term ghetto was originally used to describe the areas where the Christians permitted the Jewish people to live. The ghetto of Vienna or the Warsaw ghetto are well-known examples.

Judaism flourished in the ghetto because the chance of assimilation into the Christian world was greatly reduced because of isolation. The number of Jewish doctors, scientists, etc of today all relate back to the "ghetto culture" where there was plenty of time to sit, study, learn and pray. We owe a debt the ghettos of centuries past.

Today's "ghetto culture" doesn't seem to put that same emphasis on study and learning that we had in centuries past. Before, the emphasis was on developing personal holiness. What is the emphasis now?

sbcmetroguy
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2009, 8:41 am

It's unfortunate but true. The black youth of today, especially in America, are mostly very rude, disrespectful kids who would kill you at the drop of a hat. Believe me, I grew up in a very bad neighborhood, and while there were some really bad white and hispanic kids in my neighborhood, the worst were the black kids in general. I still do not hate anyone for their color, regardless, but I will say that from my own personal experience, I do agree with Chimchar, and in many major cities the crime stats would agree as well. I do not know why it is so, I just know that it is so. In fact there was a kid I grew up with who was a nice kid but eventually fell into the gang life really deeply. His family was so nice, I was friends with his older brother as well and I adored their mother (as I hung around adults more than people my own age). Well, just a year or two ago I saw him in the news ... he'd been shot dead in a parking lot of a store just outside our old neighborhood by a 16-year-old. After he had finally turned his life back around and was doing okay for himself, this 26-year-old man was sitting in his car, minding his own damned business, when was shot and killed by a young black kid. There was no motive. Drugs were not involved, there had been no altercation, etc. This kid was simply out for blood and would have killed anyone he came across ... it just so happened that, in this case, it was my old friend.

I had black friends as a kid who didn't seem to have violent or rude tendencies in them at all. Many were very respectful kids, and great friends. But in my neighborhood and many neighborhoods like it around the United States, those kids are truly the minority.

This thread could quickly turn ugly on any other form, so hopefully that will not happen here. I can see the moderators getting ahold of this thread for its title, so I think the title could be tweaked to not sound quite as racist and disrespectful. Even though I know you did not intend it that way, it does come across that way and might attract the wrong kind of attention.

Byt anyway, the youth of the world are truly in trouble ... it's not just black kids. In some areas, white kids are just as bad, and in others it's the hispanic kids. But the statistics overall point to black youth as the most troubled today. I honestly believe it's simply because more black youth live below the poverty line in the United States ... it would make sense that the race with the most kids who are raised around this type of behavior would have the most problems. BUT I will say, even of the white and hispanic kids I've known who were bad, none were as fearless as the bad black kids I knew. And when a kid is not only bad, but fearless as well, you have a recipe for disaster. Boy, I wish I knew how to stop it, and I wish I could bring back all the friends I have lost to black-on-black violence as a kid and even as an adult.

Quick edit: I see that the topic name was changed in the time it took me to type out my post. Probably a good move, so as to not appear to be a racially motivated thread revolving around hate for a particular race, which I realize it's not.

Last edited by sbcmetroguy on 28 Apr 2009, 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2009, 8:45 am

aborigine children are quite rude.

i was watching (tentatively) a clip on TV about an aboriginal music concert. they had sold all their tickets (even though it was just a didgeridoo symphony with vocals that sounded like drunks trying to get out of bogs).

there was much support from the white people of australia, and it was televised and the reporters were soppily politically correct.
there were many aboriginal children crowding around the reporters, and they all stuck their middle fingers up at the camera (at various times), and snorted and hocked and spat at the white people walking around going to their concert (and paying for their tickets).

i wondered why they were so hostile at that age.
they could not be born hostile.

i was once waiting in my car ( a holden 308 station wagon) at a street in redfern (a predominantly aboriginal suburb, and a "ghetto" of unemployment and drugs and violence)
for my friend who was going into an "apartment' (hovel) to get some light he needed back.

while i was waiting (5 mins after stopping there), my window was tapped on by 3 aboriginal kids (8-10).
i wound the window down and they said

kid: hey man can ya give me a dollar ?
me: (i gave him a dollar)
kid: hey man...my friend need a dollar too hey...
kid: nahh man i said 10 dollars hey?
me: errr no i haven't got $10.
kid: you f*ckin' rich white fella aren't ya?
me: not me. (i wound the window up)
kid: f*ckin c*nt!! !!

another kid ran back up the street into another hovel, and then 3 big adult aborigines came out walking like they were going to kill me.
i drove off and circled the block and then it becomes complicated so i will end there.

it is hard to say why people hate like they do. i guess it is because of envy.

i do not hink of anyone individually as bad, but they can act that way.

Acacia
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2009, 8:52 am

Nephesh wrote:
Depends on what you mean by "race" or by "culture". The term ghetto was originally used to describe the areas where the Christians permitted the Jewish people to live.
Of course. I think we all understand we are talking about modern, American "ghetto" culture, which has arisen out of largely African-American communities.

Nephesh wrote:
Today's "ghetto culture" doesn't seem to put that same emphasis on study and learning that we had in centuries past. Before, the emphasis was on developing personal holiness. What is the emphasis now?
Well, I don't see any parallel between Jewish and Black ghettoes, other than the fact that these two groups have historically been confined to ethnic enclaves within cities. That doesn't mean that the concept of a ghetto produces a discernable culture. The Jewish people have held education and spirituality in high esteem for centuries. That they wound up in ghettoes in Europe and elsewhere just concentrated their cultural assets.
Unfortunately, the emphasis today seems to be violence, supremacy, greed... selfishness, really. Although one could argue that there seems to be a rather lacking sense of emphasis at all. What drives the current "ghetto" culture could almost be seen a kind of neglect or rejection, as well as the abandonment of personal responsibility. Giving up.

Sociologically, I find this stuff really interesting. Especially, as I said, because I work in schools, and I see it playing out in front of me every day.

Last edited by Acacia on 28 Apr 2009, 9:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

Chimchar
Toucan
Toucan

28 Apr 2009, 8:55 am

b9 wrote:

Why did you even give them a dollar?

sbcmetroguy
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2009, 8:57 am

b9 wrote:
aborigine children are quite rude.

i was watching (tentatively) a clip on TV about an aboriginal music concert. they had sold all their tickets (even though it was just a didgeridoo symphony with vocals that sounded like drunks trying to get out of bogs).

there was much support from the white people of australia, and it was televised and the reporters were soppily politically correct.
there were many aboriginal children crowding around the reporters, and they all stuck their middle fingers up at the camera (at various times), and snorted and hocked and spat at the white people walking around going to their concert (and paying for their tickets).

i wondered why they were so hostile at that age.
they could not be born hostile.

i was once waiting in my car ( a holden 308 station wagon) at a street in redfern (a predominantly aboriginal suburb, and a "ghetto" of unemployment and drugs and violence)
for my friend who was going into an "apartment' (hovel) to get some light he needed back.

while i was waiting (5 mins after stopping there), my window was tapped on by 3 aboriginal kids (8-10).
i wound the window down and they said

another kid ran back up the street into another hovel, and then 3 big adult aborigines came out walking like they were going to kill me.
i drove off and circled the block and then it becomes complicated so i will end there.

it is hard to say why people hate like they do. i guess it is because of envy.

i do not hink of anyone individually as bad, but they can act that way.

This is exactly the same way the black youth in my neighborhood acted. As a kid who was quite different from all the others, once the neighborhood hit a certain point I realized it was dangerous for me to even walk down the street in the daylight. Not that staying in my house was really a bad thing since I was kind of used to it, but walking used to be something I really enjoyed doing until the neighborhood went downhill, which basically happened overnight. It went from a decent suburban neighborhood to an inner-city neighborhood within a span of about 10 years, and with that came the crack houses and crime.

Nephesh
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Apr 2009, 9:00 am

Acacia wrote:
Nephesh wrote:
Depends on what you mean by "race" or by "culture". The term ghetto was originally used to describe the areas where the Christians permitted the Jewish people to live.
Of course. I think we all understand we are talking about modern, American "ghetto" culture, which has arisen out of largely African-American communities.

Sorry, I'm being excessively literal again. I'm interested in where words come from. The word "ghetto" as used today is somewhat "stolen" from its original context.

What would it take to transform today's ghetto system back into what it meant in earlier generations? The Jewish people have always been oppressed and downtrodden, and yet, locking us away in the ghetto was actually doing us a big favor.

Likewise, those who live in today's ghetto view themselves as oppressed and downtrodden. So, how can they use the ghetto system to transform themselves into studious people that become doctors, scientists, lawyers, etc? What do they need to change in order to do with the ghetto what the Jewish community did?

Jamin
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

28 Apr 2009, 9:22 am

Chimchar wrote:
They are rude, loud, obnoxious

From my experience.....
sounds like an average neurotypical (not all, not being global here...)

Guess I am essentially an equal-opportunity-not-great-fan-of-wingless-bipeds.... :?