Post some random photos you took yourself here....

Page 2 of 15 [ 230 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next

outlier
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2009, 4:30 pm

Sunset in Essex.

ryan93
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2009, 7:57 pm

beautiful again :) You wouldn't happen to have that in 1680*1050 would you? My current wallpaper sucks :lol:

Sadly I missed out on a great photo opportunity today, we had a beautiful, literally purple sunset today, and I should have went into a field adjacent to my house and sillouted the majestic but leafless tree in the middle against it. But my camera battery was dead, and my phone cameras dodgy. Here's a crap pic of the sunset.

Here's a few other pics, not so sure if they're actually any good so a little honest critique would be nice.

I like this one, my friends don't.

this ones ok imo

Don't like it

It's not a great pic, bad camera angle and reflection of the car window, but the colours were a little Daliesque so I took it anyway :)

MathGirl
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2009, 8:00 pm

I actually really like the last 3 pics. The other ones are pretty good, too.

ryan93
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2009, 8:16 pm

thanks :) looking at the one with the jet now I can see why my friends don't like it, I should have tilted the camera down about five degrees so the wires would be in the "right" position :lol: I'll snap some new pics tomorrow, I've got a feeling it'll be a good day for pix

Spiral_Architect
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 May 2009, 10:45 pm

I saw this sign in downtown Philly on my way to the Kimmel Center. It's so crazy I had to take a picture.

This is my friend Jeff backstage after doing his show at the Kimmel Center.

This is a picture of Jeff and me. I stuck the camera on a tripod and used a 10-second self timer.

androol
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 May 2009, 4:18 am

ryan93 wrote:

my fav. so far...

here're some of the photos I took of various places at my school:

some cellphone pix:

b9
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2009, 7:14 am

my parents house. this is where i lived all my childhood (except when we visited our farm on some weekends).

my house at pymble. i lived there until 3.5 years ago. it took me nearly 10 years to pay it off. i did not like much to live there. it is next next to it a main road and there is not much wildlife that can live around there. they would have a high chance of being killed on the road. too many people came around all the time and wanted to stay.
i bought another house (originally as an office) where i live now, and my niece lives there at this pymble house now, but i am getting rid of her soon because she does not pay rent.
i will rent it out when i can get rid of her.

another angle from the front yard.

this is in the back yard

for anyone who likes cars, here is my car (shot at the pymble house (it is still my car))

here is the motor. it is a 5.6 litre V8.

here is the interior as shot from the back seat (it is bland by today's standards).

here is me being kissed by one of the people that wanted to hang out at pymble when i lived there.

i got this house. this is a view from 1/2 way down the back yard. it is a large land area with a small modest house. but i like the solitude and peace. there is about 2 cars per day that go past the road in front of my house. wildlife thrives here and is safe.

this is a fuzzy shot of a part of my yard.

a closer view of my simple abode. everyone thinks i am crazy to live in this house instead of the big one at pymble, but i would not trade my solitude and wildlife i have met here for anything.
the lawn is not mowed in this shot but whatever. it never gets long.

here is next door. it is an oval, but it never gets used. however it is well maintained by the council. beyond the oval perimeter is bushland for many miles. there is also many miles of bushland behind my yard.

here is one of my wildlife friends (a kookaburra). it is so good to be trusted by a wild animal. she is sitting on my railing and expects me to give her a bit of meat, and she is slightly puzzled as to why i am pointing a silver box at her with a red flashing light.
she is cute. i have 7 others who were not there yet.

here is some night time wildlife.
the larger reddish hued possum is a male, and the little grey one running down the steps is a baby female that is his daughter. he is boss he shows her.

but she knows how to charm her daddy and soon after...

here is a doddering older male. he is a bit geriatric. he is very cute and i hope he lives for much longer.
i gave him a broken bread roll with honey smeared on it. he was so excited.

he did not know how to deal with the roll that was breaking up further in his hands.

poor little boy wound up over reacting and smacking a piece of sticky honey smeared roll on his eye.

outlier
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2009, 1:44 pm

^ Cute animal friends. I found viewing your series of photos relaxing.

ryan93. I can tell it was a very nice sunset. I liked the other photos, but can't critique as I know nothing of photography (yet). :)

ryan93
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2009, 4:25 pm

Love the pics B9, like outlier said they are weirdly relaxing. And cool bird :)

It's a beautiful day today, and I was out enjoying it with my friends. The weather was great so we went out to a field, they got locked and I wandered around taking pics and laughing at them :lol:

Here's what I got: -

I'm happy enough with the first two :) It's days like today that make life worth living, I'm actually so happy I'll change that depressed avatar :lol:

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

11 May 2009, 6:24 am

A bit hard to see, but this is me feeding my birds millet. Obviously I'm not taking the photo...

Here's one that I actually took, my dog in an aprin...my step dad hated it, he said it made the dog look like a cross dresser. :roll:

b9
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2009, 10:07 am

my friend melinda is with me.
she wants me to post photo's of her.
i will, but....i do not see why i should.
she thinks she is very pretty.

she is kind of beautiful i guess. well... it is not a guess.

she wants to go to bed so i will. i am tired and need to sleep.

Hala
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 May 2009, 11:42 am

I really should stop posting photos.

Erminea
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2009, 2:36 pm

A photo of my fig tree. Um, I mean....some small leaves of it and the beginnings of some fruits.

xalepax
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2009, 3:10 pm

Erminea wrote:
If you please, of course.... (and maybe elaborate a bit about them)
Btw, doesn't have to be photographs of flowers of course. Random stuff you like but the photo had to be taken by yourself.

A wonderful topic idea, thanks for that!! You catch the colours great in the flower closeups

Its a real pleasure to watch the photocreativity among the WP members :D I should honestly get myself an photosharing account online somewhere to share some of my own - when Im less busy with videos as I am now

Hala
Please continue to share, I like your photos! You are a true professional photographer!

ryan93

Great photos of yours, I also like to take photos of the sky like that!
and those first in page 1 is impressively good to be taken with a phonecam

b9

Thanks for sharing some of your everyday life photos!

outlier

Your sunset in Essex is cool! And your "Coast at Hastings" looks almost as a copy of a photo I have taken. I have to bring it on to see how much they look like each other!!

Social_Phantom

Amazing cats who finds the most unusual places to sleep![b]

outlier
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2009, 3:41 pm

Nice skies ryan93!

b9: Nice photos of Melinda.

Rainbow over Welsh hills.

Erminea
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2009, 3:59 pm

^
Wow, that's a really, really good photograph. I've seen some of the art you make also and I really believe you have the true artist's eye, Outlier.