Page 10 of 11 [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 26 Aug 2010
Age: 65
Gender: Male
Posts: 22,761
Location: temperate zone

04 Feb 2019, 3:25 pm

"I am a soldier who interprets for a soldier disquised of (an)other soldier, and not knowing which one I am. "

Obviously either you, or I, or both of us together, have mortally wounded the grammar. Lol!

The character is saying something about doing soldiering while under cover.

So... I am guessing that its Bradley Cooper, as Chris Kyle, talking to someone, in "American Sniper".



AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 23 Nov 2006
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Posts: 56,300
Location: Portland, Oregon

31 Mar 2019, 5:58 pm

Nope, it's Robert Downey JR as Kirk Lazerus in "Tropic Thunder."

"I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude and I don't know which one I am!"

Your turn!


_________________
Silly NTs, I have Aspergers, and having Aspergers is gr-r-reat!


naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 26 Aug 2010
Age: 65
Gender: Male
Posts: 22,761
Location: temperate zone

24 Apr 2019, 4:06 pm

"Quiero lo que ella esta' teniendo".



AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 23 Nov 2006
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Posts: 56,300
Location: Portland, Oregon

08 May 2019, 5:31 pm

The old lady in the diner scene from "When Harry Met Sally."

"I'll have what she's having!"

"Mantén a tus amigos cerca, pero tus enemigos más cerca."


_________________
Silly NTs, I have Aspergers, and having Aspergers is gr-r-reat!


naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 26 Aug 2010
Age: 65
Gender: Male
Posts: 22,761
Location: temperate zone

08 May 2019, 5:41 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
The old lady in the diner scene from "When Harry Met Sally."

"I'll have what she's having!"

"Mantén a tus amigos cerca, pero tus enemigos más cerca."

Just a guess:
"You may have friends around here. But you have more enemies around here."

Don't know what movie that is from.



AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 23 Nov 2006
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Posts: 56,300
Location: Portland, Oregon

10 May 2019, 7:31 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
The old lady in the diner scene from "When Harry Met Sally."

"I'll have what she's having!"

"Mantén a tus amigos cerca, pero tus enemigos más cerca."

Just a guess:
"You may have friends around here. But you have more enemies around here."

Don't know what movie that is from.


"Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer."

-Michael Corleone (played by Al Pacino) in The Godfather Part II


_________________
Silly NTs, I have Aspergers, and having Aspergers is gr-r-reat!


naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 26 Aug 2010
Age: 65
Gender: Male
Posts: 22,761
Location: temperate zone

12 May 2019, 1:12 pm

Close but not close enough. Shoulda gotten that. :)



AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 23 Nov 2006
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Posts: 56,300
Location: Portland, Oregon

18 May 2019, 5:50 pm

"Usted no entiende! Podría haber tenido clase. Podría haber sido un contendiente. Podría haber sido alguien, en lugar de un vago, que es lo que soy. "


_________________
Silly NTs, I have Aspergers, and having Aspergers is gr-r-reat!


naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 26 Aug 2010
Age: 65
Gender: Male
Posts: 22,761
Location: temperate zone

20 May 2019, 3:51 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
"Usted no entiende! Podría haber tenido clase. Podría haber sido un contendiente. Podría haber sido alguien, en lugar de un vago, que es lo que soy. "


That's a good one.

"I coulda BEEN somebody! I coulda been a contender....."

Forget the rest. But that's gist of it.

Marlon Brando's character talking about his dreams of being a prize fighter, in "On the Waterfront".



naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 26 Aug 2010
Age: 65
Gender: Male
Posts: 22,761
Location: temperate zone

20 May 2019, 4:04 pm

"Ellos se llaman Senor Tibbs".



AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 23 Nov 2006
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Posts: 56,300
Location: Portland, Oregon

23 Dec 2019, 8:40 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
"Ellos se llaman Senor Tibbs".


"They call me Mister Tibbs!"

Not sure what movie is this from.


"Es yo o se está volviendo más loco?"


_________________
Silly NTs, I have Aspergers, and having Aspergers is gr-r-reat!


naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 26 Aug 2010
Age: 65
Gender: Male
Posts: 22,761
Location: temperate zone

14 Jan 2020, 10:24 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
"Ellos se llaman Senor Tibbs".


"They call me Mister Tibbs!"

Not sure what movie is this from.


"Es yo o se está volviendo más loco?"


Gosh! Surely you must know that it was Sidney Portier who said "They call me Mr. Tibbs" in "In the Heat of the Night" in 1967.

Your thing is

"who is more crazy? You or me?"

Don't know what movie. I have a feeling that either the speaker, or the person being address was played by Nichola Cage. But that's just a guess. Since he plays a lot of unbalanced characters. :)



pyrrhicwren
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Jan 2020
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,438

15 Jan 2020, 7:42 am

'cuando seas mi mujer'



AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 23 Nov 2006
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Posts: 56,300
Location: Portland, Oregon

13 Feb 2020, 11:23 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
"Ellos se llaman Senor Tibbs".


"They call me Mister Tibbs!"

Not sure what movie is this from.


"Es yo o se está volviendo más loco?"


Gosh! Surely you must know that it was Sidney Portier who said "They call me Mr. Tibbs" in "In the Heat of the Night" in 1967.

Your thing is

"who is more crazy? You or me?"

Don't know what movie. I have a feeling that either the speaker, or the person being address was played by Nichola Cage. But that's just a guess. Since he plays a lot of unbalanced characters. :)


Nope, definitely not Nic Cage. It's actually Joaquin Phoenix as Arthur Fleck from Joker.

"Is it me, or is the world getting crazier out there?"

@ Pyrrhicwren: The quote is "You are my wife" or "You are my woman."

Not sure what movie this is from.


_________________
Silly NTs, I have Aspergers, and having Aspergers is gr-r-reat!


AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 23 Nov 2006
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Posts: 56,300
Location: Portland, Oregon

10 Mar 2020, 10:44 pm

Both of these movies were nominated for Best Picture at the 2005 Oscars with the former pulling over a surprise upset over the latter which was expected to win Best Picture.

"Incluso a la velocidad de la vida, todos colisionaremos."

"El amor es una fuerza de la naturaleza."


_________________
Silly NTs, I have Aspergers, and having Aspergers is gr-r-reat!