Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Who is the ''prophet'' in the song
THE antichrist or THE false prophet 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
One of the many false prophets but not the final one 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Its a fantasy but it is still sinful to entertain it 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Its a fantasy so its neither good nor bad 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
He is one of the GOOD ministers of Jesus 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
He is one of the GOOD angels that accompany Jesus in second coming 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
He is Jesus himself coming back the second time 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Other 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1

Roman
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2012, 6:29 am

In order for antichrist to successfully deceive people, he can't be all evil, he has to pretend to be good. This brings me to saying that probably the ''prophet'' described in the following poem ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=en ... M4VLY&NR=1 ) is either antichrist himself or one of the many false prophets. Of course, no one can really know what the actual antichrist will do. But what I am saying is WITHIN THE FRAMEWORK OF THE STORY PORTRAYED IN THE POEM, the prophet in question is the antichrist (even if the described scenario wont be the one that will take place).

Here is what brings me to saying it. I recently heard of a theory according to which the mark of the beast might be gene therapy. Basically, the scientists are working right now on the project of altering DNA in such a way that the person will never die. This will, of course, directly oppose Gods will and besides it would be ''false savior'' (no death = salvation apart from jesus). This sin would be unforgivable for two reasons. First of all, the change is permanent and cant be undone. Secondly, in order for Jesus' sacrifice to cover you, you have to be human, and part of being a human is being a mortal. Thus, DNA change will make you no longer mortal, thus no longer human, thus no longer covered by Christ's blood. Even though you wont die natural death, you WILL die when Jesus comes back on Earth and will be sent to hell.

Now, going back to this song. If you listen to the poem before the song, the supposed prophet was saying ''how wonderful, there is no death''. So perhaps he was preaching gene therapy. This would fit perfectly with the above scenario of the said prophet is the antichrist.

Now I realize that there is more than one way to interpret it. For instance, you can claim that ''there is no death'' refers to the salvation through jesus -- after all, even though there is a physical death, there is no spiritual death (in fact, such meaning of ''there is no death'' is confirmed by John 3:16) But still, if such were the case then the guy preaching it would just be one of many pastors, but the song refers to him as the prophet in singular. So this makes me lean towards the interpretation that he was antichrist. But since iam not too sure either way i will leave it in the form of the poll with many options.