Page 6 of 7 [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Hiriki
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

20 Jan 2014, 9:17 am

Well,considering about my interests,it would be Anime and Manga,Drawing,Video Games,Books,the Occult and anything related(such as artbooks,history and culture books)

My past interests(before I discovered Anime)would have been History(Ancient Egyptians especially),books(was much more of a bookworm back then,don't read much recently),a few other interests that I don't remember having,plus a certain bespectacled mouse.

(In terms of Anime,I noticed that I tend to stay on a certain fandom for months before knowing about another fandom(which I don't remember) and making the decision to move.Am now currently onto my fifth main fandom with both past fandoms and sub fandoms that I tend to sometimes show interest in any of those for at least a few hours before moving back to main fandom)

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2014, 3:09 am

^^ http://www.anime44.com/anime-list
Anime as far as the eye can see!

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Aurelyse
Butterfly
Butterfly

31 Jan 2014, 9:29 am

When I was younger, I'd read pretty much anything I got my hands on. During elementary school it was music (I literally would learn any instrument I could get my hands on, and do well in any of them), that proceeded to be my main interest through high school, I had video games to a lesser extent until then. I played them as early as preschool but it wasn't till middle school where they honestly became an interest, though as a lesser extent, and high school they became a main interest, and currently is my main interest alongside anime/manga. I also enjoy drawing in the anime-esque style.

main reason music left my primary interests was due to some form of undiagnosable issue with my hand that they still don't know what causes it to freeze up. :/

I've contemplated trying to expand my interests, maybe go to college for something I've expressed interest in learning(I've considered biology with an emphasis in laboratory sciences/research or diagnostics, or something within IT, though not sure exactly what), but my crippling fear of failure has caused me to stick to what I'm familiar with. though something needs to change quick, I need to find some form of work I'm compatible with, as most ground bottom jobs don't interest me at all or I struggle immensely with.

Lovely_Leah
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

06 Feb 2014, 1:18 am

My interests include faith and spirituality; nature and the environment; music and singing; researching and writing (my profession); being positive and being one with the universe. I have always liked birds and cats; I have always loved objects made of glass and/or silver metal so I make stained glass items. I installed a glass block wall and nickle ceiling fans, nickle door knobs and glass in my cabinet doors in my home. I have glass jars filled with glass marbles and a collection of smallish smooth silver metal objects that I like to touch... all in my home. I have a flute, a violin and sing in a choral group because I love the sounds. I enjoy how most children and adults with AS are so honest and forthright in their communications. It makes things so easy compared to others who hide their true selves. And communicating with others who are negative or lie is often difficult for me. I do spend a lot of time alone as there is no friction in isolation, but rather comfort. I avoid chaos, live in the moment, and seek peace.

Alyoshka
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Feb 2014, 12:05 am

When I was a child, my interests included
-building websites/flash animations
-my little pony and Furfighters (i built a website based off of those things)
-Guns/weaponry
-Building lego starwars ships

As I grew older my interests included
-History of religion and philosophy (mainly Judaism)
-Literature (mainly Russian literature)
-Computer programming
-True Crime and Psychological manipulation

?Everyone has a soap dish. If you lift the soap and find that underneath it is dry, you?re all right. If its gooey, you have the poisoning, which turns your blood to powder. The powder then depletes your energy and eats away at your body.?

Physics
Butterfly
Butterfly

09 Feb 2014, 7:37 pm

My obsessive interests:

• Biking.
• Mathematics.
• Physics.
• Science Fiction reading.
• Computer Programming.
• Lotion.
• Caffeine.
... That's all I can think of currently. :(

pinkgurl87
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

18 Feb 2014, 6:03 pm

-Social Justice/ Psychology/ Sociology/ History/ Culture but has to be like at an intellectual level of discussion if that makes any sense. )
-children and animals ( I have a hard time relating to adults and find it much easier to relate to children so say I am in a social situation I tend to gravitate towards the children in the room instead of talking with the adults.... I love animals. When I was little horses were my obsession I had horse calendars every year and the would cut out the pictures and post them on my wall my wall was covered in horse pictures.)
- Art and writing ( I am very artistic, I seem to be uncoordinated in everything else and such a clutz its amazing I can sketch the way I do. )
-Asia ( If you want to focus on a particular culture then I am obsessed with Asian culture particularly Chinese and Indian culture, so much so I have traveled to those countries, which is not your typical tourist spot... I took two Mandarin courses in unviersty... also not a typical course to take.)

When I was a kid I loved to read, read a lot, still like to read.
This may seem weird considering my other interested but I am also obsessed with Scifi, Particularly Stargate ( all three series) and Star Trek. When I am at home I spend a majority of my time watching the scifi channel.

Eye test score: 21
AQ test score: 40.0 , AQ-10: 7.0
(RAADS-R): 183.0

structrix
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2014, 9:51 am

starzo11 wrote:
My list of current interests:
- Fiber arts, especially spinning and traditional ethnic knitting
- Herbs and herbal medicine, especially making my own teas and salves
- Theology, especially in literature
- Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings
- Doctor Who, but not super obsessed
- making and wearing jewelry, especially feather earrings and hair clips
- Faeries!! !!
- gardening, especially herbs
- essential oils? Don't know whether this falls under the category of "herbs" or not
- Making natural cosmetics and soap
- Fantasy and sci-fi (I especially like stories with elements of both, or by authors who do both)
- books and reading, both fiction and nonfiction

When I was younger I was hugely obsessed with outer space, aliens and astronauts, to the point where I would squeal if someone used the word "alien"

Me too about aliens and stuff. I used to go CRAZY back in the day.

My current interests are:
Asperger's in women
Video gaming
Binge eating disorder
Schedules and routines- obsessed with making them (not following) and reading up on other people's schedules/routines
Anime

I am an Aspie!
Diagnosed as an adult

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2014, 1:09 pm

For some reason it's kind of impossible for me to stay interested in something for more than a few days, so I don't really have any hobbies or anything. (Well, aside from drawing, reading and video games.)

structrix
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2014, 1:17 pm

Lillikoi wrote:
For some reason it's kind of impossible for me to stay interested in something for more than a few days, so I don't really have any hobbies or anything. (Well, aside from drawing, reading and video games.)

I don't think that is weird. I have some obsessions that fizzle out after a few days and some obsessions that I have had for years. You just know its obsession when you can talk for HOURS on the subject and can definitely start a good monologue going.

Deb1970
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2014, 8:30 pm

My obsession currently is Silly Putty. I have bought allot of Silly Putty and a putty called Arron's Thinking Putty. My current interest is studying rare genetic disease and disorders.

- Edgar Allan Poe -

linatet
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2014, 1:00 pm

structrix wrote:
Lillikoi wrote:

I don't think that is weird. I have some obsessions that fizzle out after a few days and some obsessions that I have had for years. You just know its obsession when you can talk for HOURS on the subject and can definitely start a good monologue going.

yup. I call those long term interest (for me behavior and culture mainly) and short term interest (change in a few days time)
my latest short term interest was fighting styles and also MMA. It lasted until yesterday and today I am just feeling empty :(
I finally watched the mma fights and I got disappointed, first they didn't say which fighting styles the fighters were using, second they keep punching when the other is on the floor and that I don't like, third the commenters were talking about things like repeating the fighters weights, instead of talking about the fighting styles and the strategies which is the most interesting part, forth I don't like it they separated moral developing from fighting technique and we don't see any respect between players in mma, fifth mma rules favor wrestling, sixth they are only interested in "best" "most efficient" and "most painful moves" and took the traditions and philosophies and strategies of the fighting styles away (ie. The crowd yells when there is blood, who cares about the rest?)
but from time to time fighting becomes my special interest again.

beemared
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 May 2014, 4:00 pm

As a child.....classical literature especially Wuthering Heights. Collecting dust caps from car tyres (:-\ ).

As a youth.....The Sound of Music, medical dictionaries,

As an adult.....theology, philosophy, Japanese art, German history and language, quantum entanglement, molecular biology and genetics, rife technology for healing, essential oils, epigenetics, church history, Quakerism, the holiness movement, chocolate, autism (new)
J.S. Bach's cantatas, Fleetwood Mac. Macrobiotics.

Pyrola
Butterfly
Butterfly

02 May 2014, 8:48 am

My obsessions are music, reading, knitting, video games (goat simulator currently), old movies, Lord of the Rings, cats,wilderness survival, deep sea life, pen and ink drawing, Victorian and Edwardian literature, old TV shows, westerns (especially with Clint Eastwood), folk tales from around the world, history, the gold rush era, Norse Mythology, and natural sciences. I am really into mycology and botany. When I was a little girl I loved caves, lemurs (especially aye-ayes!), cat breeds, astronomy, and learning about Native American history. I still enjoy those topics.

muna
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

06 May 2014, 7:34 am

Currently my interests are in flux a bit.

Life long interests:
Geography and other cultures
Animals, currently manifesting as experimenting with positive reinforcement training with my cats
Travel
Nature, currently focusing on edible plants
Social justice issues

New interests:
The simplest way to cook while living in a trailer
Tea
How tone effects communication
Small kitchen appliances (sorta hope that passes before it gets too expensive)

Some past interests:
Dog breeds
Wilderness survival- currently off
Religion, particularly pagan and Eastern types.

Amariel
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 May 2014, 2:18 pm

Like many of you have said; philosophy (mainly existentialism), social psychology, health and environment. As well as animals, all kinds of nature related stuff (hiking, fishing), doing artwork (periodically), and physical activity (not sports though..). I also love making visual models of text or complex information. As a kid I was obsessed with dinosaurs :)