Page 3 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2020, 3:16 pm

nick007 wrote:
James you could try getting drugs & give them to women in exchange for sex. My 1st girlfriend had sex with her druggy ex in exchange for him giving her getting drugs. She was only 15 at the time too. We broke up cuz I kept worrying about her & I became very controlling & unstable as a result.

The Grand Inquisitor wrote:
Fnord wrote:
A thirty-something man goes to bars where 18-year old women hang out, and expects to go home with one of them after getting drunk ... typical middle-age crisis fantasy.

I'd imagine it would depend on who the 30 year-old man is, and what the 18 year-old woman is after. I'm under the impression that there are some 18 year-old women for whom a fling with a mature, experienced 30 year-old who's got his life together would be quite appealing. I don't get the impression that the OP fits that description, but nonetheless./color]
Where I'm from it's not that uncommon for women in their early 20s & even later teens to be into guys in their 30s. Some of those guys are real losers too. What really ticks me off is when a 16 year-old girl gets pregnant by some guy in his 30s & he ends up moving in with her & her parents & he just mooches off them

So you’re telling James to become a sorta of reverse prostitute.

Don’t be a prostitute, James.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2020, 7:22 am

Seems motor skills are quite outta sorts at time , delineating right from left wasn't defined until late 30s as well , cant button up a shirt correctly , at least several times a week , if wearing button up blouses ... then if its a long sleeve top , and a pull over top , can get myself tied up inside .
But mostly if not too tired my hand writing is very nice. Otherwise not so much . And this situation goes on and applies to various aspects of my life. Somedays manage to see it with a bit of comedy.
Which has helped me cope with it for a very longtime.

where ever you go ,there you are

questor
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2020, 5:43 am

I don't know if there is a difference in motor skills between the men and women on the autism spectrum, but I do know that we are all more likely to have such problems than the norms. Spectrum disorders are caused by neurological problems. Motor skills problems are also caused by neurological problems, so it's not unusual for those on the spectrum to have motor skills issues.

I have some minor ones, including minor hand issues, but I think typing on my keyboard helps some. Fortunately, my motor skills issues are all minor, but those with more severe motor skills issues do have a harder time of it. I can relate to that. On two separate occasions, I had to take narcotics for health issues for a short time. Each time, it affected my motor skills in a negative way, so I know what it feels like to have more serious motor skills issues from my brush with drugs. Glad that in my normal state I only have minor problems in this area. I'm also glad that I only had to take those narcotics for a short time each time. Once was while I was recovering from cancer surgery, the second time was when I was being treated for shingles.

I've been cancer-free for about 14 & 1/2 years now, and never had to take chemo, just the surgery and 3 internal bouts of radiation treatment. I've heard that if you don't have a relapse within 5 years, you are considered cured, so I'm fine that way. Unfortunately, I've got some other health issues that I struggle with. Well, you can't have everything good.

Anyway, keep safe and well all!

And remember, the boogeyman under the bed and the monster in the closet are afraid of Chuck Norris! :lol:

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2020, 3:39 pm

Congrats on catching the cancer in time and beating it ...Very nice to hear good things inspite of motor skills variables . :D TY for being here ...

hannahjrob
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Jun 2020, 7:46 pm

Well, I'm female and I struggle a lot with fine motor skills, but my gross ones are better. I can't do the simplest things such as getting a door unlocked, holding my silverware the "proper" way, or sewing (even a fairly simple task like sewing a button back on a shirt). I still draw like a preschooler (but surprisingly my handwriting isn't too bad). I'll just shut down if I try to put something together with my hands that requires several steps (even if I have instructions). But as far as gross motor skills, I'm not all that clumsy (except for unintentionally getting in people's way sometimes). I am actually pretty decent at dancing. I took gymnastics and dance lessons as a child and loved it.

But my boyfriend (likely also on the spectrum) is pretty much the opposite. He's good at drawing, and has a lot of mechanical aptitude and can put stuff together really easily. But he tends to be clumsy and klutzy when moving around. And he can't dance. lol.

But, I'm sure everyone on the spectrum (regardless of gender) is different. Some struggle with both, some struggle more with one or the other, and some don't have any motor skills difficulties.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2020, 9:44 am

seeing above writing about gross motor skills kinda helps me reinforce some of my differences,
as i recall was a good dancer at one time. But the silly little things , if they all start happening more if am in a rush,(faster i go the more behind i get) lolz...... and then add alittle frustration into the mix and can , make for a burnout if am not careful . But somedays , it all comes together, And those days makes it all much more worthwhile.

Butterfly88
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2020, 10:03 am

I don't know the differences of aspie men versus aspie women but I know I'm an aspie woman with motor skill differences.