Does everyone in this thread hate being a woman?

Page 2 of 4 [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

JessicaDayla
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Jul 2009, 2:22 pm

Fort56 wrote:
JessicaDayla wrote:
Fort56 wrote:
Being a woman requires XX chromosomes and a vagina. If one has those, they are a woman. Likewise being a man only requires XY chromosomes and a penis.

I guess you have never heard of the type of intersex condition resulting in women with 100% female genitalia and gender but with male chromosones. cAIS is what it is called, stands fot complete androgen insensitivity syndrome, causes a genetic male to develop as a natal female in almost every way prior to birth. Ovaries and uterus may or may not be present. There are equivalent intersex conditions that can create XX natal males as well. Thus your statement is null and void. There are also transsexual men and women who were born of the sex opposite their gender. Gender and sex are definitly non binary things, and can't be looked at as black and white.

Okay well what I'm basically trying to say is that being a woman does not require femininity and likewise being a man does not require masculinity. Masculine women are still women and feminine men are still men.

That's much better ^_^

Hazelwudi
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2009, 6:04 pm

zena4 wrote:
JessicaDayla wrote:
I guess you have never heard of the type of intersex condition resulting in women with 100% female genitalia and gender but with male chromosones.

:o

Are you sure of that? How is it possible?

Androgen insensitivity syndrome.

kittylover
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Aug 2009, 10:56 am

JessicaDayla wrote:
Aren't there a few people here who come from the other side, and transferred to female status at some time in their life?

I "come from the other side"... I want little more than to be a woman. The hope of someday being female is all I have to live for at this point.

I suppose that this is very different from the perspective of many other women here.

ticktockpop
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

10 Oct 2009, 1:21 am

I used to hate being a woman - although I am a girly - crazy mix - because I was under the impression that if I was a man, I would know how to behave and life would have been easier - and continue to be easier - for me.

Then I found out I had AS and started reading how hard life is for the boys who have AS.

How in general we are better mimics and learn social behaviors better than the boys.

So, I figured... Thank GOD I am a girl, if this is the BEST I can come up with!! !

Imagine the alternative. **shudders**

Night_Owl_Amber
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

10 Oct 2009, 5:09 pm

I like being female 8)

Azharia
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Oct 2009, 1:16 pm

I love being a girl. Men have weird hormones! o.o Scary ones! :p

As for non-typical females... I'm glad we have variety here. :)

All women have experiences that will be of value to all other women. :) Be it a medical experience or an alternative view on something. And as for the others that don't fall into the strictly female category, don't you think it might be even more beneficial for them to be here with us? :) For them?

TheRedKipper
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Mar 2013, 9:03 am

I hate being female, it never felt right. I felt trapped in the wrong body.

Schneekugel
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2013, 8:25 am

Mariah918 wrote:
Is everyone on this thread butch, butch lesbian, or transgender?
Quote:
I dont think so. Are you?
Shouldn't you not be on this thread if you don't want to consider yourself a woman or hate being a woman?
Dont know, but as far as I am informed lesbian woman are still woman and woman who hate to be a woman, are womans too.
Quote:
If you write stuff on this thread you'll be considered a woman so why do you post on here?
There is a mumu between my legs, that tells me I am a woman, so I am supposed to write in a womans thread.
Quote:
I'm really confused and I really don't understand masculine women who post on women's discussion.... :?

And why shouldnt masculine woman not discuss about woman discussions? This is the womans thread. So this is a thread, existing for all kind of woman to write about their problem. If there was somewhere a sign telling "This thread is only for woman, that love to read fashion magazines, make up, and fulfilling outdated genderroles I am sorry. Didnt see it.

May I ask you a question in return. Where do that thoughts of yours come from? Why I am questioned so often, what sort of problem I should have with my female identity, when in fact I dont have any? And why are these questions often asked by persons, that seem to have problems with their female identity on their own? Because instead of simply accepting their female identity, they feel themself forced to wore crazy, weird shoes that dont support walking, buy tons of cloths and make up and style themselfs 30 minutes every morning, so they can feel their own female identity. Seems weird. I simply go to the toilette in the morning, and without any make up issues and other things, I can tell in 1 second, that I am still a woman today.

Keni
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Mar 2013, 3:35 pm

I am perfectly happy being a woman.
I don't think that femininity has anything to do with clothing, sexuality or gender traditional tasks.
Its more a contentment of self as woman.

Keni
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Mar 2013, 3:40 pm

I meant to add, that includes trans and living-as women.
Fortunately, we are in an era where gender and sexuality variations are more accepted.

Mindsigh
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2013, 3:54 pm

I don't mind at all. :D If I wsn't a woman, I'd not have anything to wear, since all my clothes are women's clothes. :lol:

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2013, 4:26 pm

I don't care one way or another. I just happen to be one. :shrug:

Jensen
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2013, 1:32 pm

I´ve never been too happy about being a girl/woman. I hated dressing up in fine clothes as a child, apart from a few times.
As a teen, from 16 and ahead, I only wore pants and sweaters/shirts/t-shirts.
I still do. I´m sort of curvy, so I don´t look masculine, but not very feminine either.

MindBlind
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2013, 4:37 pm

Mariah918 wrote:
Is everyone on this thread butch, butch lesbian, or transgender? Shouldn't you not be on this thread if you don't want to consider yourself a woman or hate being a woman? If you write stuff on this thread you'll be considered a woman so why do you post on here? I'm really confused and I really don't understand masculine women who post on women's discussion.... :?

Just because someone is masculine and/or a lesbian, it doesn't mean they hate being a woman. Some women just happen to be quite masculine. I mean, they're still women regardless of their characteristics and traits. As for transgendered folk, are you referring to transgendered men? If that's the case, well they do have a place here. They have experience of being misgendered as a girl and being treated as a girl, so they may feel that they need to talk about those experiences (I don't know - I'm not trans). As for trans women, of course they belong here. They're still women. In fact, cisgendered men can come here - nothing says that men aren't allowed here.

Lamplighter
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

15 Apr 2013, 7:02 am

In response to the OP, as others have indicated, if you present as a woman, you're treated as a woman. No matter how you personally identify, that alone will present issues you will probably want to discuss with other people who present as female.

Also: lesbians are women, transwomen are women, "butch" women are women, and probably a whole lot of other people I'm not currently thinking of.

Furthermore, figuring out your gender, if you don't fit normative gender roles perfectly, is a process and can take a long time. It makes more sense to communicate with all kinds of people while you're in the process rather than stand back and put yourself on hold until you've magically figured it out in isolation.

MusicalWonders
Raven
Raven

24 Apr 2013, 2:41 am

I adore being a female, as it is the only thing I know. I'm curious what it'd be like to be male but I'd never want to be permanently male. I am both feminine and masculant, stereotypicaly but I don't like to label what men and woman are entitled to like, dress like, or behave as.