Page 4 of 4 [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2012, 9:19 am

It depends on my mood I guess. At the moment I have on jeans and a wife beater, so yeah right now I am. Sometimes I go all out with dresses or pretty clothes and shoes and jewelry.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

Webalina
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2012, 3:21 am

Sort of. I definitely prefer jeans and T-shirts, not so much because of any gender issues (I have those, but they are more reflected in my interests and personality rather than physical) but rather my build. I have long arms, wide shoulders, big boobs (D cups), no hips, and big feet. I hate clothes shopping because I'm so hard to fit, plus there are the color (no yellow tones -- which means no yellowy greens or mustard or orange or orangey reds or browns) and fabric texture issues -- scratchy or rough at all and I'll never wear it. Has to be smooth and soft -- brushed cotton, silk, cashmere, supple leather, etc. No wool or tweed or cheap polyesters.

Shoes are mostly sneakers in the winter and sandals/flipflops in the summer. But the T-shirts I wear will sometimes have a feminine theme or picture on them. I will also occassionally wear a top with a little more feminine detail on it -- a small ruffle or just a bit of lace. I used to like makeup but now it just seems like too much trouble. Ditto with hair -- I've always had good hair, but at my age, it's graying and thinning some, so it just doesn't look as good. It just makes me feel old.

I go REALLY girlie with my undies though. I go for lots of lace and ruffles and go with jewel tones -- ruby and sapphire and emerald and amethyst.

Julia_Set
Butterfly
Butterfly

24 Aug 2012, 10:15 am

Girly girl here. When I was younger, like in my late teens and early 20s, I used to dress and wear my hair in a very masculine style. I worked in a field dominated by guys, so I couldn't dress too femininely else they wouldn't take me seriously. Also, I was putting myself through college, and just plain didn't have money to "waste" on fashion. I picked eating and textbooks over shoes and a fashionable ladies' hair cut every time.

Now that I'm in a more female dominated field, I dress very feminine outside of work. I found my inner shoe goddess and love to wear 3+ inch heels when I can. Heels also make the cute dresses I get from modcloth, etc. look fabulous too. Most of my clothes tend to be solid colors and very interchangeable and utilitarian in that aspect. I stay away from prints because most bother me aesthetically.

Nice clothes also encourage me to take care of myself and exercise, which leads to better sleep and certain repetitive types of cardio, like cycling and the elliptical, help my brain relax sort of like a form of stimming.

caissa
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Aug 2012, 11:09 am

I tend to dress kind of neutral, for comfort. I have a whole laundry list of sensitivities about fabric, tightness, length, width, and so on. I do sometimes enjoy getting dressed up in a feminine/ sexy way but I always feel like I'm putting on a costume, :roll: Same thing for makeup...

forkful_of_soup
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

24 Aug 2012, 5:40 pm

I don't really "get" women's fashion. Mostly I wear jeans and t-shirts, but I try to find flattering shapes.

cynicole
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 Aug 2012, 7:58 pm

I haven't been girly for years but it's not as if I look at men and think that I want to dress like them. I just want to be comfortable.

Back in the day, I did wear colorful outfits, skirts by choice, and play with makeup and nail polish. This was all before the age of 13 or so. Then I started to dress more "comfortably." This coincided with the grunge era so a lot of girls wore mannish clothing anyway.

Other factors for me, personally, are that I've experienced negative male attention due to my body and don't like to draw attention to myself. That and I have skin sensitivities: I'm allergic to most makeup, perfumes, soaps and shampoos. I also could never get a handle on earrings. (I don't know if it has to do with allergies again or sensitive hearing -- I just always found earrings annoying when I had them.)

Clothes shopping is always a demoralizing experience because I'm 5'3" and have G cups so hardly anything ever fits my upper body properly. Sometimes I have to shop in the junior boy's or men's section to find something to fit my upper body. Women's tops are either far too wide at the shoulders with awkwardly wide necklines or they stretch awkwardly over my boobs (if they even fit at all).

I loved living in California because I could get away being casual more than I could on the East Coast of the 'States. I often wore shorts (sometimes even short shorts) and T shirts or tank tops. Unfortunately, I'm not young nor am I fit enough to get away with any of that anymore. Shoes, except on special occasions, have always been flat, whether sneakers or sandals.

Having to go to events where I have to buy a new dress, with matching shoes, and matching shawl and matching purse with matching jewelry, matching hairstyle, and nice make-up drive me up a wall.

namaste
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2012, 6:58 am

I love dressing up infact i am overdressed
i dress like a queen now i started bringing down my overdressing side because people
kept staring and talking about my dress fetish.
my wardrobe is full of saree, indian garments, jeans, pretty flowery tops,
skirt and now i want to buy a frock a long one......but its not worn here in india commonly
so i am refraining from buying it.
just yesterday i bought myself a feather earrring....its pretty.