Do any aspie gals here ENJOY dressing up/makeup?

Page 4 of 7 [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Charis
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

27 Jun 2013, 12:07 am

I would say I actually do enjoy it. But then again, I'm an artist, and I consider fashion and cosmetology just alternative forms of art. I don't usually dress up, but I enjoy it when I do. The only problem is, I can't go out in public like that, because I get so self-conscious. 0.o

BTW, I love BB Cream.

You are very likely an Aspie

Kalinda
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

27 Jun 2013, 4:42 am

I try to, but I'm bad at it and I dislike the feeling of it. I am looking into natural makeup, but then again I have trouble spending money on myself without spending too much on the wrong thing. Recently I had a weird obsession with pale skin, so I did a bunch of natural remedies. I can't seem to be happy with myself these days.

"Almost always, the creative dedicated minority has made the world better." Martin Luther King, Jr.

happymusic
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2013, 9:26 pm

Yes, I do. I am a designer by profession and went to graduate school for history of costume and fashion. It's a way that I like to express myself.

CheredIsTyping
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

28 Jun 2013, 1:05 pm

I like fashion and design. It keeps my hands busy. I get treated a lot nicer at work by customers when I put makeup on. It softens my face or whatever. I enjoy putting it on when I find makeup that my skin likes. Still need to deepclean my face everynight.

EmberEyes
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Jun 2013, 3:39 pm

I do like to play with it. I can spend hour on end trying this color eyeshadow with that, or curving the eyeliner different ways and so forth, but I generally end up looking like a clown. Or matching this blouse with that skirt or fiddle with the hair. Or online window-shopping.

As to actually wearing makeup and dressing pretty... I can't be bothered with it on a day-to-day basis. For the rare party or family occasion I'll get dolled up, but other than that... Maybe once every other month I'll come to work in nice make-up and some pretty skirt and blouse and a pair of heels, but generally I wear work-pants, t-shirt, work-shoes and a fleece. I do work in a corporate office, but since part of my assignement is in the warehouse, I just wear those clothes.

But I do find it a little offensive how everyone just goes out of their way to comment on how good I look in makeup and stuff. All I hear is 'Why do you look so ugly in general, when you can be pretty?'.

Ashuahhe
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2013, 7:07 pm

Yes but just the bare minimum, just concealer, mascara and lip gloss (sometimes eye shadow, lipstick and blush depending on occasion)

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2013, 5:21 pm

I love "dolling up" as my boyfriend puts it. It makes me feel pretty and stuff. :P

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2013, 2:48 pm

I like to look presentable, but I'm not too fussed about grooming myself and putting too much make-up on. I like to keep it simple, by just putting a bit of lipstick on and carrying a lipstick and a small mirror around with me so that it looks like I put something on. And I am getting my hair cut next week, to a length where it is manageable and neat and looks approachable. I have let it get too long again and it was beginning to hang and make my face look longer than what it really is. I want the front a bit shorter than the back so that it has a bit of shape to it, but it's not too much to maintain.

I suppose I would be able to cope with putting make-up on if I made it into a routine, but it's getting me to make a start on these things what is the problem. Also I can be absent-minded and can sometimes become lazy. When I was on holiday with my mum, I was sharing a bedroom with her, and we both got into bed, then my mum suddenly sat up and said that she has forgotten to take her make-up off, so she had to get out of bed, get out her make-up bag and sit in front of the mirror for a few minutes making sure it is all off properly, while I got to lay there in bed not having the pressure to do extra tasks.

chibi555
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

06 Jul 2013, 1:17 am

Joe90 wrote:
I like to look presentable, but I'm not too fussed about grooming myself and putting too much make-up on. I like to keep it simple.

Same here. I usually just wear some lipstick and a comfortable, but good looking, outfit. I'll dress up a little bit for church, but the only time I do more is for a special occasion (wedding, date, etc.), then I'm "dressed to the nines".
Although in my spare time I do like to see the different styles I can try with my hair.

MindBlind
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2013, 2:54 pm

Sometimes I like to dress up and wear make up, but not much. I just like to dress comfortably most of the time and I don't have the patience to wear make up on a daily basis.

thymps
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Jul 2013, 7:30 pm

I don't like anything that takes a lot of effort and i also don't like to spend a lot on clothes so my outfits tend to either be: (in summer) long maxi dresses that actually do look nice but take like no effort to wear + are comfortable, OR (in winter) small mens shirts + jumpers, jeans + the same pair of very old brogues, all from charity shops! To others I probably look very masculine in winter but I don't dress for anyone but myself so. :)

I don't wear makeup, apart from lipstick sometimes if I am going somewhere very nice.

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2013, 4:38 pm

I do :D

Sometimes I feel as if other people think that I care too much about my appearance. I hate the whole clothes are just clothes attitude. I take very good care of my fashion items. I'm going clothes shopping for back to school on August 1st have planned out what I want to buy.

I'm also plus-sized and have been able to stay the same clothing size for quite some time. My style changes all the time though. Some days I wear a cute floral top and a pair of Sperries. Then the next day I'm wearing a plaid dress with some leggings. Then the next day I'm wearing a Ramones, Deftones, Evanescence or Ramones shirt, a pair of blue jeans or my black skinny jeans with a Hellcat Punks padlock necklace and a hoodie and the list goes on.

Makeup is usually just a random color of eyeshadow, eyeliner (sometimes green Urban Decay eyeliner), mascara (I don't really care about brand, but I love Buxom mascara), lipstick or lip gloss and if I feel like it blush or bronzer. I have to use eyeshadow primer and Too Faced Candlelight is the best in the world.

Jewelry depends on the day. I haven't worn stud earring lately, but I have a pair of diamond ring shaped ones and a pair of silver rose shaped ones that I really like. I like hoops. Basic silver hoops tend to go with a lot of different things. Dangle earrings are just plain fun to wear especially my pixel heart earrings. I love necklaces! I have my padlock necklace that I love and this one locket that I have a very special attachment to. I have a necklace from Delia's as well that I love. Bracelets also come and go. My Pandora or Troll bracelet (I'm not sure which one it is) has a very special place in my heart. I have this tacky white bracelet form Claire's that I also like and my silver snake bracelet. Rings are okay. My abalone ring, silver swirl ring and this rhinestone covered ring are my favorites.

My mom says my shoe situation is ridiculous. I love Vans, Sperries, my red Converse, these cute espadrille-esque flats I own, my UGGS and my T.U.K. creepers that need new laces.

My bag collection makes me happy. My Hatsune Miku, Obey, Kathy Van Zeeland, Roxy, this white bag with tassels on it, and a purse I got for insanely cheap at Target make my day. I can't wait to see my bags in storage again!

Then there's my scarves. I like my pink and black scarf the best. My winter hats. The orange cable knit one, plain hot pink one, rainbow and white striped (that has a matching scarf) and my simple black North Face hat. My fedora is also quite nice, but I think my black hat with a cross on it is cuter.

My hair accessories are nice especially my white and black scrunchies, black and gold hair clip, my blue rose hair tie and my headbands. The rainbow skull headband is my favorite.

My arm warmers are also special to me as well as my nail polish collection.

Appearances basically sum up who I am as a person. I am perfectly fine with being vain :D

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

Soccer22
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2013, 7:08 pm

I really really really dislike it. When I went to a wedding last week I had to go out and buy a dress because I didn't own one. I felt very uncomfortable wearing the dress the whole night. I prefer comfy clothes like sweatpants, tshirts, hoodies, and tank tops. I love flip flops and clogs and hate ballerina flats and heels. I don't wear makeup and I don't even have my ears pierced. I recently highlighted my hair for the first time though. So that's as far as I've gone with getting glamorized! I even have trouble figuring out what to do with my hair so I always have it in a messy bun, ponytail, or just straighten it. I'm not creative at all when it comes to girly stuff.

ProudAspieChik
Butterfly
Butterfly

29 Jul 2013, 1:31 pm

Well, im an aspie and I see no point in wearing makeup. :?

It's lame and it makes me feel like the bratty girls in my old class. :evil:

It's just not my thing and i don't want the stupid responsibility of washing the makeup off.

I only like stuff that kills zits. :D

I also believe in natural beauty and that intelligence matters the most. :D

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2013, 1:59 pm

I look like a clown with make-up on. I don't know how to apply it.

Fray
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

30 Jul 2013, 2:11 am

i love it so much that you could call it an obsession. i'm not vain, i just like art, painting and the sorts, and my favorite medium is cosmetics :P