Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2010, 9:58 am

Yeah, same. Makes sense.

Jumla
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

15 Jun 2010, 10:09 pm

I have to say, I don't identify with a good deal of what is written there.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2010, 11:12 pm

Most of the males have never had a girlfriend while most of the females have never had a boyfriend....

Gee, wonder why.

Oh yeah. They're "spineless" and we're "mean".

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2010, 5:19 am

Chronos wrote:
Most of the males have never had a girlfriend while most of the females have never had a boyfriend....

Gee, wonder why.

No no no. You have it all wrong. If a male with AS can't get laid... uh... I mean... is terribly lonely and has never had a girlfriend, it's because he's "too nice".
If a female with AS has never had a boyfriend, she has "overly high standards".

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

Alycat
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2010, 5:22 am

Who_Am_I wrote:
Chronos wrote:

Gee, wonder why.

No no no. You have it all wrong. If a male with AS can't get laid... uh... I mean... is terribly lonely and has never had a girlfriend, it's because he's "too nice".
That might be true for some people with AS, but I don't think it can be true for all.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2010, 5:23 am

Alycat wrote:
Who_Am_I wrote:
Chronos wrote:

Gee, wonder why.

That might be true for some people with AS, but I don't think it can be true for all.

My post was sarcasm, and I'm pretty sure that the quoted one was too.

Alycat
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2010, 5:27 am

Who_Am_I wrote:

Ah, okay. I didn't get that.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2010, 5:31 am

Alycat wrote:
Who_Am_I wrote:

Ah, okay. I didn't get that.

You wouldn't be the first person around here who's failed to pick up on sarcasm. :)

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2010, 5:48 am

A lot of assumptions here.

I was obviously different very early in my life. I wasn't "more normal" as a kid at all, I was actually more strange.
And lol, i certainly don't have an easier life or more friends. I can't make friends to save my life.

Yeah and I'm sick of guys always playing the vistim when it comes to dating. Half of the aspie guys I know aren't nice at all, they're wolves in sheeps clothing.

bookwyrm
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

16 Jun 2010, 7:01 am

That chart and the other table on the website are what I have been looking for for ages. It's frustrating to keep seeing people say there are differences in presentation and then not bother to say what they are:~

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2010, 2:09 pm

bookwyrm wrote:
That chart and the other table on the website are what I have been looking for for ages. It's frustrating to keep seeing people say there are differences in presentation and then not bother to say what they are:~

I hear this talk about females blending in more because females tend to "travel in packs" so to speak, so go unnoticed.

Personally, I have not had this experience. I did not have the social know how to even get into one of these "girl packs" and my isolation and "odd behaviors" certainly did not go unnoticed.

I get the impression though that little boys with AS are more likely to be outgoing than the girls and so open themselves up more for bullying. I think they are also more likely to act out in class.

I think women with AS are less likely to become angry with the opposite sex as a whole for not paying attention to them.

Crystallina

16 Jun 2010, 3:18 pm

Thank you very much for pointing out the chart. I. too, have been trying to find something more specific about women with AS. It gave me quite a sick feeling in my stomach when I read it as it describes me perfectly, warts and all! At least it helps me understand more about the way I am and explains so much about why my life has been the way it has. I've noticed I have started to relax the act I habitually put on for others now that I have an 'excuse', even if it is one I intend to keep to myself. I want to spend the rest of my life being true to myself.

Jumla
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 Jun 2010, 4:50 pm

bookwyrm wrote:

I also didn't 'blend' , nor did my behaviour go unnoticed by others, although I caused no trouble in school (I was extremely quiet) and had no problems with school work. However, as it was obviously to my teachers that there was something different about me, my school ordered psych assessment when I was eight years of age, at a time when AS didn't exist as a diagnosis.

As I remember it, the reasons had to do with a lack of social skills (no friends), I was unusually obsessive about my special interest to a degree they had never seen before, over a long period of time, and also anxiety and self-esteem issues.

The outcome of testing was that they knew something was up - the whole pattern of behaviours just didn't fit any diagnosis they had. I had to wait some years before the diagnosis finally caught up to me.

Angel_ryan
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2010, 10:43 am

faithfilly wrote:
Generally speaking:

Male Aspies are born as "Little Professors"

Female Aspies are born as "Little Philosophers"

OMG Little Philosopher that is so me!! ! I wish my pdocs could notice these differences.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2010, 3:54 pm

hale_bopp wrote:
A lot of assumptions here.

I was obviously different very early in my life. I wasn't "more normal" as a kid at all, I was actually more strange.
And lol, i certainly don't have an easier life or more friends. I can't make friends to save my life.

Yeah and I'm sick of guys always playing the vistim when it comes to dating. Half of the aspie guys I know aren't nice at all, they're wolves in sheeps clothing.

I am a boo-wolf in a medical incubator

Let me prove it to you:

BOooooOOoOooOooooOOoOooO (B-Howling) - and no I am not referring to that user with dozens of OooooOOoOooO.

Wolves are cool tho , why all this hate toward them?

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2010, 3:56 pm

Aspie males have penises.

Aspie females have vagina's.

It's that simple.