Anyone gets periods exactly every 4 weeks??

Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

luvsterriers
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2010, 9:45 am

I'm freaking out here. Day 34 and no period! Any women (especially late 20s/early 30s) gets their periods every 4 weeks? I have always been on time. I range 28-30 days. Sometimes 26. I know I'm not pregnant. I have no intention of having children either. I want to bleed every month. I want 12 periods a year. I know that most women hate periods, but I love them. It makes me feel young and healthy. :cry: :cry: I should have gotten it Jan 23rd since I got it Dec 26th.

If you're not happy with yourself, you'll never be happy with somebody else. (Don Omar)

kip
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2010, 10:54 am

If I'm lucky, I will get one this month. Mine is horribly irregular, changing in flow, duration, and span between every single time. You're quite lucky, really.

Stress, a new diet, depression, exercise, all of these things can change when the red woman shows up. I'd say wait a few more days, then if nothing after that kind of regularity, see a doc.

?the end of our exploring, will be to arrive where we started, and know the place for the first time. - T.S. Eliot

luvsterriers
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2010, 11:44 am

Well I finally got it! Day 34. This is the longest ever. It has got to me the new medications that I started on Jan 18th. But I was on them several years ago. I just started on 2 new medications for my bladder disease that I have. But also last weekend was stressful because of my grandma's surprise party and how members of my family treated me.

Mom told me if I didn't get my periods for 2-3 months then see a doctor. My parish counselor told me that she didn't have her period for 3 months! Her son died in a tragic accident, and I think he wasn't even a teenager. So the stress of losing her young son must have made her stop periods. So her doctor put her on birth control pills for 3 weeks. But this was in the 1950s-1960s. I wonder if today doctors would prescribe the same thing. A classmate of mine during college didn't have her period for a month. The doctor told her it's just stress. So all I can think of is skipped periods or late periods is stress. I'm sure most college students get stressed around December and May being that it's finals. But all women no matter what age get stressed for many reasons. But I have always freaked out when it doesn't come every 28 days. 30 days is ok, but after that no way. Good thing I have my own office. I had to close my door, turn off the lights and just prayed and cried at same time. I'm sure I looked terrible. But luckily none of my coworkers asked me what was wrong. When I cry at work, I do it quietly. At home is a different story. Nothing wrong with crying when you are an adult woman late 20s/early 30s, right?

If you're not happy with yourself, you'll never be happy with somebody else. (Don Omar)

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2010, 11:54 am

I am getting mine every 2 weeks...I would kill for it to happen every 4 weeks. :?

luvsterriers
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2010, 11:58 am

Every 2 weeks?? Now that is strange. Did you see a doctor about that? :?

dossa
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2010, 12:04 pm

Mine are not so regular at the moment. I have two daughters, one of which is relatively new to menstruation. Her cycles are pretty irregular still and my other daughter and I find ourselves adjusting to her periods. I heard once that women who live together end up cycling together. There seems to be some truth to this. Hopefully my 12 year old will get straightened out soon, as she is making her sister and I a bit nutty while we all shift to each other. I think right now I am going in six week cycles that seem to last for a stupidly long amount of time. I find it rather annoying.

But yeah, stress and medications can both alter the normalcy of menstrual cycles, as can an excessive amount of physical activity. It really is nothing to be concerned about. Easier said than done, right? I know I have things that stress me out that other people do not think I should stress about. I flip out, cry, get insomnia. It is okay. We are people. We react how we react, feel how we feel. I am sorry it does upset you so, I hate being all upset. I am glad you have a place you can release in private at work though, but I wish you did not have to feel that way in the first place. You know, if it really is something you would like to avoid entirely, if you can tolerate hormonal things, perhaps birth control would be something to look into. Most of those pills change your body so you menstruate on a very strict cycle. If that option could work for you, it could be a way to eliminate that stress from your life.

pschristmas
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2010, 12:27 pm

The only time in my life that my periods were regular were when I was on the pill, and even then it wasn't a given.

jc6chan
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2010, 9:22 pm

everyday...

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2010, 10:51 pm

jc6chan wrote:
everyday...

Reminds me of the guy who got pregnant...:?

jc6chan
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2010, 1:00 pm

MissConstrue wrote:
jc6chan wrote:
everyday...

What???

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2010, 7:59 pm

jc6chan wrote:
MissConstrue wrote:
jc6chan wrote:
everyday...

What???

http://www.hollywire.com/videos/thomas- ... -pregnant/

I'm assuming you're transgendered???

jc6chan
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2010, 8:58 pm

MissConstrue wrote:
jc6chan wrote:
MissConstrue wrote:
jc6chan wrote:
everyday...

What???

I was joking about getting periods BTW

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2010, 9:02 pm

jc6chan wrote:
MissConstrue wrote:
jc6chan wrote:
MissConstrue wrote:
jc6chan wrote:
everyday...

What???

BTW, does that mean Boy To Woman?

Sorry I couldn't help it... :lol:

jc6chan
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2010, 9:04 pm

MissConstrue wrote:
jc6chan wrote:
MissConstrue wrote:
jc6chan wrote:
MissConstrue wrote:
jc6chan wrote:
everyday...

What???

BTW, does that mean Boy To Woman?

Sorry I couldn't help it... :lol:

By the way

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2010, 11:43 pm

Yeah I know Jc6, don't read too much into it...

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2010, 2:24 am

Mine vary slightly from the 28 day norm I guess, because I get them on different day of the week than the month before. I've never bothered counting the days between each cycle.