WANTED: participants for survey on fem aspies (publication)

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

TouchVanDerBoom
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Aug 2010, 10:40 am

I posted something about this in General Chat but thought this forum might reach my target audience better.

I am an independent scholar (and possible aspie, soon to assessed) who is writing a paper to be published in an anthology called Feminist Cyberspaces: Pedagogies in Transition. It will look into the effectiveness of face-to-face feminist groups/learning vs online alternatives when used by women with asperger's. As part of my research I am putting together a survey for aspie women to fill in. If you are interested and are a feminist aspie (especially if you're a student, graduate or tutor), please send me a private message.

Here's my abstract: This paper will analyse the impact of the ability to connect with other women and engage with feminisms in the virtual world on the woman with asperger's - the "aspie woman". It will explore the differing tools available including forums, Facebook groups and individual blogs. I will assess how useful these tools can be for the aspie woman in comparison to their traditional alternatives, where human interaction presents her with a number of problems and anxieties, and argue that [this part may be subject to change, depending on my research] the most useful tools are feminist activist/academic groups where interaction is focused on the topic and the aspie woman is less likely to become either isolated and lost as with an individual blog or socially awkward and misunderstood as with the more socially focused forum. Ultimately, the paper will look into the effectiveness of face-to-face feminist groups/learning vs. online alternatives when used by women with asperger's.

ninszot
Toucan
Toucan

17 Aug 2010, 7:56 am

I will fill out your survey if you message me when your links are working again.