Do you WANT to be (physically) attractive?

Page 7 of 8 [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

?
Yes 72%  72%  [ 79 ]
No 28%  28%  [ 31 ]
Total votes : 110

KT67
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2020, 6:52 am

Pepe wrote:
KT67 wrote:
Pepe wrote:
KT67 wrote:
I want to be left alone.

So not ugly.

Or too good looking.

But I want to look 32.

I thought you were attractive.
So, you would like to down-grade? 8O

Depends if I'm subject or object.

Average looking people who look 32 have more power in society than pretty looking people who look about 15.

They don't get hassled and they get treated with respect. Not major respect just the generic 'I will speak to you like a grown up' respect.

So it's an upgrade for me.

I never understand when women say they're doing their makeup for themselves. It's not like they get to see it - not unless they stand in front of a mirror all day long staring at themselves. It's for other people.

This would be about being treated the way which it's normal for someone of my age to get treated. Not getting hassled by potential creeps, not getting hit on by young boys, not being dismissed as young or stupid. And being left alone.

If someone's ugly they get stared at too so I wouldn't like to be ugly. And people feel the right to be rude to ugly people. Same as they feel the right to be rude to people who look young.

But you still get a lot of attention from age-appropriate people too, right? :scratch:

Only when I'm online like on here and people see my words rather than seeing my height.

Someone who's decent and my age isn't interested visually because I look that much younger.

And if they're NT I'm likely in a very different life stage so it's inappropriate.

Was different when I was in my teens. Then I only looked a few years younger. Still got a bf telling me 'I feel weird dating you' and I said 'I'm a year older than you' and he said 'still though...' when I was going to 15 movies with him and we were 18 and 17.

I'm not into guys or appearing feminine anyway. If I could be bothered I'd be chasing girls but I would rather just be left alone. My life is about my happiness now rather than fitting into some other standard.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2020, 9:32 pm

KT67 wrote:
Pepe wrote:
KT67 wrote:
Pepe wrote:
KT67 wrote:
I want to be left alone.

So not ugly.

Or too good looking.

But I want to look 32.

I thought you were attractive.
So, you would like to down-grade? 8O

Depends if I'm subject or object.

Average looking people who look 32 have more power in society than pretty looking people who look about 15.

They don't get hassled and they get treated with respect. Not major respect just the generic 'I will speak to you like a grown up' respect.

So it's an upgrade for me.

I never understand when women say they're doing their makeup for themselves. It's not like they get to see it - not unless they stand in front of a mirror all day long staring at themselves. It's for other people.

This would be about being treated the way which it's normal for someone of my age to get treated. Not getting hassled by potential creeps, not getting hit on by young boys, not being dismissed as young or stupid. And being left alone.

If someone's ugly they get stared at too so I wouldn't like to be ugly. And people feel the right to be rude to ugly people. Same as they feel the right to be rude to people who look young.

But you still get a lot of attention from age-appropriate people too, right? :scratch:

Only when I'm online like on here and people see my words rather than seeing my height.

Someone who's decent and my age isn't interested visually because I look that much younger.

And if they're NT I'm likely in a very different life stage so it's inappropriate.

Was different when I was in my teens. Then I only looked a few years younger. Still got a bf telling me 'I feel weird dating you' and I said 'I'm a year older than you' and he said 'still though...' when I was going to 15 movies with him and we were 18 and 17.

I'm not into guys or appearing feminine anyway. If I could be bothered I'd be chasing girls but I would rather just be left alone. My life is about my happiness now rather than fitting into some other standard.

Do lesbian women like "handsome" looking women?
I was under the impression most would be into pretty looking women?

I guess your Bisexuality, in your case, leans you more towards identifying with the male gender, if you want to look handsome?
Is that safe to say?

I'm an older person.
I still find this sort of thing confusing. :scratch:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2020, 10:13 pm

EEP! 8O
Why is this thread in the women's forum???
Has it been moved?

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2020, 2:59 am

Pepe wrote:
Do lesbian women like "handsome" looking women?
I was under the impression most would be into pretty looking women?

Some do, some don't. In the same way some straight men prefer more tomboyish or androgynous looking women. Personally, I'm usually drawn to feminine presenting women but that's just my preference.

KikiKitty678
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Oct 2020, 12:37 pm

Yes and no. To women, but not to men. I wish I could pull of a visibly bi look, but I can’t, and I have EF problems so I wouldn’t be able to take care of piercings or short hair properly. I also know that looking conventionally attractive (the kind that attracts men) can get you far in the world by making up for a lack of social skills. In a way, my autism keeps me from getting away with looking bi even though I am.

I don’t think a woman would want to date me because I look like a “basic” lady, but I don’t want to look that way—it’s to compensate for my autism. If I had social and EF skills, I would rock short hair and piercings.

I do like men too, but they crush on me too much because of my “basic” look. It’s not comfortable.

martianprincess
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2020, 12:39 pm

Physically attractive people get more opportunities in life.
It's unfortunate, but it's the truth.
So yes, I want to be physically attractive.

I like wild orchids and neighbors with wide orbits

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2020, 3:10 pm

martianprincess wrote:

Good news, you are. :mrgreen:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

martianprincess
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2020, 9:47 am

funeralxempire wrote:
martianprincess wrote:

Good news, you are. :mrgreen:

SHUCKS. :mrgreen:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2020, 9:53 am

That's not necessarily so.

Many "physically unattractive" people also get decent opportunities and results in life.

What's important is that your clothes are clean, somewhat decently pressed, and do not clash as far as color and design is concerned (no plaid shirt with striped pants, for example).

I don't like it when it is automatically assumed that "physically attractive" people have all the advantages. This is just not so. It's not black and white. It's not an absolute certainty that a "physically unattractive" person will fail, and will not succeed.

This sort of distorted philosophy often keeps "average" people down, and makes them lose inspiration for life.

martianprincess
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2020, 10:00 am

kraftiekortie wrote:

Many "physically unattractive" people also get decent opportunities and results in life.

What's important is that your clothes are clean, somewhat decently pressed, and do not clash as far as color and design is concerned (no plaid shirt with striped pants, for example).

I don't like it when it is automatically assumed that "physically attractive" people have all the advantages. This is just not so. It's not black and white. It's not an absolute certainty that a "physically unattractive" person will fail, and will not succeed.

This sort of distorted philosophy often keeps "average" people down, and makes them lose inspiration for life.

It's not black and white, for sure.
I was mainly referring to results of some psych studies that I've seen.
I don't think you *have* to be attractive to get opportunities in life. But I'm sure it's slightly easier for some people, if that makes sense. I also think that rich people, even if they aren't born attractive, can make themselves become attractive through their means. So, this complicates things too.
I think the thing that does the most destruction in society is poverty. Its effects are so much more far-reaching than we probably know.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2020, 10:05 am

All right. What you said makes sense. We have to have more of this sort of writing---rather than the bullcrap that "research studies" supposedly "reveal."

You see this in WP all the time; people say that they have stopped trying in all areas because they are not in the "elite" group as far as "physical attractiveness" is concerned. They "stop trying" because of the expression of distorted values in the media.

We have to seek to convey to people what is actually true-----that it's a combination of many things. There are many "average-looking" people who succeed. There are even many "ugly" people who succeed. When one gives up, one denies one's self all opportunities.

Another thing to consider: One person's "ugly" could very well be another person's "beautiful."

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2020, 11:48 pm

martianprincess wrote:

That is a biatch,
But so true.

"Blame the evolutionary process." :roll:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2020, 11:54 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:

You mean, in a romantic context?

True, *some* do, but most don't, all things being equal.

Attractive people can have great personalities also, btw.
The bastards. :mrgreen:

A metaphorical one, two punch there.

Attractive people have an "unfair" advantage in life.
I think we uglies should shame them because they are genetically blessed. :mrgreen:

KT67
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2020, 7:07 pm

I'm ftm trans.

It just doesn't let me change gender tag on this site.

And I don't think it was in women's discussion to start with. I found it on the most recent tag.

I think women tend to be more ok with female partners looking handsome anyway. Eg butch lesbians. And the same the other way around, when a man looks effeminate he's assumed to be 'gay' which will put women off but not men.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2020, 7:22 pm

I'm guessing physically attractive people means - body and appearance.

If we are talking about NTs who don't experience personal setbacks then from a young age they are pandered to and so develop self-confidence and high self-esteem which they carry into adulthood, In relative terms they don't have to try as hard to climb social ladders.

For less attractive folk they need to compensate by being good at something. Having skills that are in demand can overcome flaws in appearance/weight. This gets them through doors in the social ladder climbing.

That pretty much summarises the algorithm for social capital.

LionQueen
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

01 Nov 2020, 9:08 pm

No, I couldn't care less. I have no desire to connect with society.