Page 1 of 4 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

River
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

24 Nov 2010, 1:54 am

Do any of you ladies hate the way your pants feel (all fabrics, or specific fabrics) against your shaven legs?

On another forum that I go on, I have learned that most NT young women (ages 16-24) shave their legs no matter what! I can understand wanting to shave one's legs when wearing shorts, dresses, skirts, etc., and while being physically intimate with another person, but shaving all the time is not appealing to me at all, especially when it's chilly or cold, because then I'm always wearing pants.

I wouldn't say that it's a big issue for me, but if I can avoid it, I definitely will.

buryuntime
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2010, 2:27 am

I can't wear pants, so shave my legs all the time. I was being made fun of for not shaving my legs at 12 years old... so that's when I started doing that, but not consistently for awhile. Now I like smooth legs.

Kiran
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Nov 2010, 3:07 am

i hate shaving my legs! It just feels so unatural somehow... And i don't get what guys have against women's body hair, even when it's thick it's very soft. Not at all like men's body hair

Bunneth
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Nov 2010, 7:01 am

I'm quite lucky that I don't have much body hair so I can without shaving my legs and it isn't obvious. I do sometimes shave them if I'm going out to a party but I really like the feeling of fabric against my skin. Although I also really love the sensation of things gently touching my skin, always have.

starygrrl
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2010, 12:01 pm

Body hair bothers me, alot. I shave no matter what, it is a sensory issue for me not to shave.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2010, 7:12 pm

River wrote:
Do any of you ladies hate the way your pants feel (all fabrics, or specific fabrics) against your shaven legs?

On another forum that I go on, I have learned that most NT young women (ages 16-24) shave their legs no matter what! I can understand wanting to shave one's legs when wearing shorts, dresses, skirts, etc., and while being physically intimate with another person, but shaving all the time is not appealing to me at all, especially when it's chilly or cold, because then I'm always wearing pants.

I wouldn't say that it's a big issue for me, but if I can avoid it, I definitely will.

ditto. i hate the smooth feeling against pants, but i have started shaving regularly for my husband (we have some input into each other's shaving habits).

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2010, 10:43 pm

I can't stand the way certain fabrics feel on my legs if I haven't shaved in a while. I love how my legs feel after I just shaved them. ^_^

chrissyrun
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2010, 11:36 pm

I like the feeling of shaved legs sometimes, and sometimes I hate it. It is as different of reaction as different as the days of the week.

CaroleTucson
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2010, 9:09 am

Shaving my legs doesn't bother me, but I agree it makes no sense for it to be such a strongly-entrenched social norm. We'd probably get less negative reaction from people being an ax murderer than if we didn't shave our legs.

Kaybee
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2010, 9:57 am

No, I don't like the feel of not having shaved in a few days. I like the feel of freshly-shaven legs, so soft and smooth.

Valoyossa
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2010, 2:06 pm

Fortunately, I have very weak hair, so I can shave it once a month. I don't feel any special sensation, doesn't matter if I have smooth legs or not.

----
My Industrial Love: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBo5K0ZQIEY

happymusic
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2010, 4:28 pm

Nope I shave everyday. They have to be smooth or I feel like showering was pointless.

ilivinamushroom
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 Nov 2010, 8:44 pm

I didnt shave for many years but my leg hair wasnt super noticeable, I started shaving this summer it feels good smooth but Im stopping till shorts time : )

mgran
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2010, 8:58 pm

Kiran wrote:
i hate shaving my legs! It just feels so unatural somehow...
Well... shaving your legs is utterly unnatural... so don't worry about feeling that way. It's only in the last few hundred years or so that Western women have pandered to paedophile tastes and tried to make themselves hairless anyway.

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

28 Nov 2010, 3:08 pm

Yuck, I hate the weird way my skin feels against fabrics when I shave my legs!

bhetti
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2010, 12:58 am

hair on my legs hurts my skin, but I hate shaving so a while back I invested in laser hair removal. it was the best investment ever because now my legs don't hurt and I never think about them.

I have the same sensory issues with any hair on my body with an irregular root. I have to pluck it out or I go crazy from the irritation. sometimes it's downright painful when they're growing in.