Resources for Women with Aspergers Syndrome

Page 3 of 7 [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

angelbee
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Feb 2013, 10:04 am

Thank you so much for the tests. RAADS-R = 192. I thought the scoring was wrong or needs to be divided or something because this had to be toooooooooo high. I thought this was tooooooooo high so I tried dividing it by half, got 96, which seems better. I guess this goes to show I have no clue what's going on. I try to fit in with NT's but it just doesn't work. I haven't been diagnosed and decided I'm not going to let a psychiatrist label me to the public. I have asperger's and theirs nothing NT's can do about it. (I'm 27 years old)

All the documentation you provided is terrific thank you again.

PIYOSOFT
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Feb 2013, 11:02 am

I just did the RAADS-R test and scored 102 with the ASD symptom questions and 20 with the normative(there's an * besides each question). However, I have to admit some questions were very difficult to answer either because I partly remember my childhood or because I didn't get a feeling of confusion or a degree of upsetness (or maybe I have but it was little? I don't remember) but I remember I could get very irritable.

seaside
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Mar 2013, 10:37 pm

#38, example: opera

Ha ha! I spent an entire trip in 8th grade singing an opera word for word behind the driver while my peers socialized in the rest of the van.

Laideekim
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

03 Mar 2013, 9:19 am

I'm 31 and an international student (American) in Australia.
A friend of mine recently diagnosed me as having Mild Aspergers.
I've gone to my uni psychiatrist (or something) and she didn't want to give me the label of having AS because 1) I had the capability of empathy and 2) that because I had many strong Aspie traits, it didn't necessarily mean I had ASD.
She ended the session by giving me an Anxiety Disorder diagnosis.
I can't afford to be properly assessed, but I'm going to print these tests out, take them and have my friends take them and see where I land. Thanks!

Laideekim
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

03 Mar 2013, 9:22 am

BTW, I checked out the "list of Female Asperger Traits"...
and found that it's, as my housemate just said "mostly you". sigh..
Thanks again. I don't feel like I'm crazy for "wanting" to be an aspie...it's just cuz I am.

Kjas
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2013, 7:34 pm

Laideekim wrote:
I'm 31 and an international student (American) in Australia.
A friend of mine recently diagnosed me as having Mild Aspergers.
I've gone to my uni psychiatrist (or something) and she didn't want to give me the label of having AS because 1) I had the capability of empathy and 2) that because I had many strong Aspie traits, it didn't necessarily mean I had ASD.
She ended the session by giving me an Anxiety Disorder diagnosis.
I can't afford to be properly assessed, but I'm going to print these tests out, take them and have my friends take them and see where I land. Thanks!

Unless you got to someone who specializes in ASD... them assessing you won't be accurate. We do have a capability for empathy, it's just not the kind or in the way that is expected. I hear you on the costs... it cost me well over $1000 to get mine done.

Talitha
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

05 Mar 2013, 5:54 pm

For the RADDS-R test I got 71. For the QGAS test I got 29. For the eye expression test I got 31, which apparently means I am very accurate at reading facial expressions around the eyes. Huh? God, it's no wonder I'm so confused as to whether I have AS or not. :lol: Not sure how reliable it is though, as for some of them I thought the emotions were very obvious but for others I didn't think any of the options fit. Or they didn't look like they have an emotion to me, they're just eyes, so I went with whatever option I thought fit the best. Maybe I'm just good at guessing what the emotions might be but I don't actually know. Hmmm.

Anyway, thanks for all the resources, they are fab.

dunya
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Mar 2013, 1:15 pm

Thank you for collating all these resources.
I was interested to see if my score on the Aspie Quiz had changed from when I thought I "might be" to months later when I was more certain of it. My score didn't change more than 2 points.
148/200 AS and 55/200 NT.

I did the RAADS twice as I thought I must have got the scoring wrong the first time. But again only 2 points difference.

daisiestoast
Butterfly
Butterfly

17 Mar 2013, 4:52 pm

I did really well with the eye test, but I was really stressed out while taking it.

It felt like I was taking a really hard test in high school - something I studied hard at but still have to stop and think a lot to do well.

OsmosisAspie
Butterfly
Butterfly

29 Mar 2013, 5:22 pm

I got 194 RAADS and 17 on eye test during diagnosis, so it's official. Now I'm trying it all on and attempting to strip away the layers of learned coping mechanisms to find out who I am and what I want.

In response to why there is information that is gender specific, most studies have focused on males and as AS can be exhibited differently in males and females, this information is newer and may be more applicable. If you measured the physical strength of most women against that of men, instead of other women, they would seem to be lacking strength. Gender specific can be important.

Jensen
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2013, 2:32 am

Wow! Now I know, that my poor mom was an aspie with a streak of ADHD. She was a very loving and very intelligent creature. No one ever knew what was "the matter" with her. She suffered from a strong amxiety from childhood and had a hard time facing the day. In her early school years, my granny gave her tea in bed each morning, so she could prepare herself slowly. She spoke very slow as a child and was made fun of, called "odd child" and she could space out in the middle of a conversation, suddenly following her own trail of thoughts. She was VERY creative and had her own world and her projects. One friend at a time and a dominating girlfriend who protected her at school. She was lazy at school, but she scored high at exams, because she could read intensely right before and remember it all. She was a great systemizer. At school, she was called "the professor", as she tended to come up with correct matehematical solutions by her own rules.
At 82, when my father had a stroke and became afatic, she trained him, as the hospital did nothing to help him. She learned to tackle the social system with laws, rules and everything, and she got over her fear of facing "power-people" in the system. She coped brilliantly.
All the way she had been known to be hysterical, - and she was at times, but in most of her bad periods, I think she had real meltdowns because of too much emotional stress. Sometimes she cried and screamed, and I was terrified. I felt, I had been mothering her since late childhood, and I didn´t understand, what was going on. She couldn´t explain it herself.
My, had we known this.

Fiddlehead
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

13 Apr 2013, 12:28 pm

Thank you for posting the RAADS test.
Although my Aspie score on the Aspie quiz is 126, I still expected I might test NT on the RAADS. The Aspie quiz answer options are subjective (sometimes / often) and this RAADS test has only concrete answer options.
Anyway, I scored 94.
I'm grateful to have this definitive diagnosis and not have to pay another $1000 to a doc like I did just 5 years ago to get diagnosed ADHD.
I am grateful to know that our family's Aspergers is genetic and I did not expose my child to something that could have been easily avoided that "caused" his Aspergers. Just being honest, it is a weight of my conscience to know it is genetic.
Grateful to know that my social awkwardness is not something I'll eventually outgrow, because I'm pushing 40 and am tired of trying so hard to fix me.

Jensen
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2013, 12:38 pm

Aspie test: AS: 110/200 and NT: 98/200 (aspiest of 3)
RAADS-R: 126 (highest of 3)
AQ: 33, EQ: 27, SQ: 41
Eyes: 31

Aspie-lite, I guess.
I am releaved to find a red line in those difficulties, that have just made me "impossible and neurotic" in the eyes of others all my life. Now I am working on having it confirmed, if this should be a true picture. It fits too well not to be.

Last edited by Jensen on 13 Apr 2013, 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jensen
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2013, 12:52 pm

What is GQAS test? Google gives me articles about gas and petrol.

Kjas
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2013, 7:22 pm

Jensen wrote:
What is GQAS test? Google gives me articles about gas and petrol.

QGAS resulted from the first ever study of teenage girls with Asperger's Syndrome in Eastern Europe. This has been the only study to date solely on teenage girls on the spectrum, and the results where complied, and afterwards, they created and tested the accuracy of this questionnaire. It specifically focuses on the differences in expression and different coping mechanisms that girls tend to exhibit.

There is currently a study being undertaken in Australia of girls under the age of 6 with HFA or AS, focusing on the differences in expression and coping in that age group, but it has not been completed yet.

Jensen
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2013, 3:18 am

Thank you for the reply :)