Female characters with Asperger's Syndrome?

Page 5 of 9 [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

AlienorAspie
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Mar 2014, 4:41 pm

I know some actresses who I think portray mainly "aspie" characters- natalie portman, tilda swinton, portia de rossi, Angelina jolie, (in fact, all of the female actors in Ally mcBeal ha), lots of comedy characters in british comedy- extreme/eccentric and complex characters are more amusing and interesting i guess. but I related so much to daria when i discovered it in uni, some female game of thrones characters recently and the little mermaid when I was little.

Oh and the main characters of "girls"- Ive only seen one episode but I absolutely adore it. I'm in awe of Lena Dunham.

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2015, 9:21 pm

Mashiro Shiina from Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo. Maybe not aspergers, but savant syndrome, but definitely somewhere on the spectrum.

Maud Pie or some other pony from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. Maud is the only whose behavior I'd say is best explains as aspergers, though it's obvious she wasn't actually intended to be autistic, and other characters would work better as model autistic characters. If anypony was actually written as being autistic it would Twilight.

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2015, 7:56 am

Catmint wrote:
By the way, anyone ever seen the movie "Mozart and the Whale"? Absolutely fantastic.

YES!! I saw it when it first was out. My local library was the first to order a copy. I was fascinated by Donald (Donald Duck) and Isabelle who I saw as true Aspies. As far as the other members in the support group were concerned, their much more severe autism caused them many problems in life. It was heart wrenching.
Generally speaking, Donald and Isabelle were just oddballs whereas the others were severely disabled. The older I get, the more I see many "spectrums" of human behavior. From mild ADD to downright sociopathy. From bohemian artistic talent to full-blown schizophrenia, activist to violent terrorist! The list goes on. From innocent to threatening. After a while, everything looks like it's on a scale.

Perkons
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

08 Apr 2015, 8:04 am

Nancy Springer's books about the character "Enola Holmes". Sherlock Holmes' younger sister. :D

Girlwithaspergers
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2015, 12:24 pm

I think definitely Brennan and Amy.

DataLore
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

08 Apr 2015, 11:19 pm

Lal from Star Trek TNG 'The Offspring'. :D

Bondkatten
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2015, 9:10 am

It's funny to see Luna Lovegood listed, since I always had a feeling that the actress playing her has Aspergers.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2015, 9:12 am

Jesse Treski from the Lemonade War series books had a mild case it obviously.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

PutTheHeadphonesIn
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

10 Apr 2015, 7:16 pm

Quote:
Annie Cresta from the Hunger Games.

Honestly, I think Annie has PTSD, rather than Aspergers.

On the other hand, I totally agree with you all on Amy Farrah Fowler. I imagine Josie Geller from Never Been Kissed having Aspergers, too.

justme2
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

15 Apr 2015, 4:02 pm

How about Elisabeth tassioni from the good wife? She's awkward and quirky... Love her

warpos
Butterfly
Butterfly

03 Mar 2016, 10:42 am

The singer and main character girl in the Music video for the song "Feathers" by the artist Alida. Lonely and bullied School girl With mad Technology skills, and a singer dancing around totally in her own world, love them both :D

Lockheart
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Mar 2016, 10:08 pm

hurtloam wrote:
Screenager wrote:
Saga Noren from the Swedish/Danish crime drama called The Bridge/Bron/Broen (depending on the language). She's the most accurate aspie (including the boys) I've ever seen. I was very lucky to be an extra on season 2 of The Bridge a couple of weeks ago and was in scenes with her. I was to shy to talk to her myself, but luckily somebody told her that I had Aspergers (since I wrote it in my application) and she came up and talked to me! Asked me about my school, special interest etc. It was so amazing and I think I personally taught her a thing or 2 about AS, since she's very different from her character IRL.

But I recommend The Bridge to EVERYONE. The series is not about her autism but it adds a new level to it's whole. And don't worry you can find it with English subtitles ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83FcxzlXbKs (she's the blonde)

Yeah, I totally love that show. I watched it and wondered if that is how I come over at work. I'm very efficient and I can be very to the point when talking to people. Thanks for sharing your experience from being on the set with Sofia Helin with us.

I love Saga Noren. That character elevates the Bridge from merely excellent to unforgettably brilliant. Of all the female autistic characters I'm familiar with, Saga is the one I relate to the most. I recognise a lot of myself in her. Even my hair looks the same - long, scruffy and unstyled - except that I'm a brunette. It's refreshing to see a sympathetic, realistic female autistic character on television. The thing I appreciate most is that while she's intelligent and good at her job, it's not to the point where she becomes superhuman like, for example, Lisbeth Salander. I like Lisbeth for many reasons - not least of which because she brazenly and successfully breaks both social and legal rules - but as an autistic woman I don't identify with her anywhere near as much as I do with Saga. There's a bit too much of the brilliant Aspie hacker cliché in Lisbeth, with a good dollop of revenge fantasy, for her to ring entirely true to me, whereas Saga's intelligence is more true-to-life and occasionally fallible.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2016, 12:53 pm

Sheldon's girlfriend.

warpos
Butterfly
Butterfly

09 Mar 2016, 12:32 pm

Nausicaa from the valley of the Wind.

Actually, I don't think she's really asperger, it's more like I think she is more like the kind of superNice, intelligent Girls you bump into on from time to time and have fun With and bond With.

And personally, I like this discussion-thread because it helps me find a couple more of quirky characters, so whenever I'm feeling despair of any kind, I have Cassie, Amelie and Nausicaa to turn to and Escape the world for a while <3

In retrospective, I should have had a survival-kit With Girls like this to identify With when I was a lost teenager :-P

Danae
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2016, 12:52 pm

I started watching The Closer and I think Brenda Johnson is an Aspie. She's totally excellent BTW.

I read Scully from The X-files would be an Aspie. Frankly I don't see it.

"Ever since I was a child, I’ve never allowed myself to get too close to people. I’ve avoided emotional attachment. Perhaps I’ve been so afraid of death and dying that any connection just seemed like a bad thing, something that wouldn’t last." Dana Scully - Christmas Carol.

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2016, 1:05 pm

There are actually a few female book characters who actually have Asperger's.

- Caitlin from Mockingbird
- Taylor from Wild Orchid and its sequels
- Rose from Rain Reign
- Candice from The Categorical Universe of Candice Phee