Only a manipulator and narcissist would offer these seminars

Page 1 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

B19
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2014, 12:32 am

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre ... WEML6619I2

Warning: this man is repulsive, his sexual politics are repulsive, and his self-serving agenda is repulsive. I anticipate that most women on WP will agree. I anticipate that some men may invade this forum and make unwelcome but familiar comments in support of this creep, though most will not (thank goodness). Most men will be disgusted too.

I am pleased to add that Australia kicked this creep out of their country. And also pleased he didn't try to enter New Zealand, where the same thing would probably have happened. And now the UK is organising to keep the creep out of their place too. Good!

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2014, 1:09 am

Huffington Post link

Quote:
Julien Blanc Protest Spreads To Canada With Petition To Bar 'Pickup Artist' From Country

An American 'pickup artist' who was recently kicked out of Australia due to his lectures that advise men to assault women is receiving similar attention in Canada. The action was driven by a social media campaign, #TakeDownJulienBlanc, launched by Washington, D.C.-based activist Jenn Li.

The topic is particularly relevant in Canada right now, with the allegations against Jian Ghomeshi still front of mind, as well as the #BeenRapedNeverReported movement that has helped people speak out against sexual assault in huge numbers.

What an ass!

B19
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2014, 1:54 am

Japanese women are organising in hundreds of thousands too.

Unfortunately, narcissistic creeps like this man love the spotlight and he will be lapping up the attention as food for his Narcisstic Personality Disorder Cluster B oversized ego. He uses a chart showing kinds of abusive control to use against women and it is bloodcurdling. I am heartened to hear of what happened in Canada in more detail.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2014, 2:21 am

I'm glad.
It's been a nasty few weeks up here. I don't think this guy will survive being in sight of the border. lol

VMSmith
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2014, 2:50 am

i've known about these guys for ages and have a personal vendetta against them and i'm so happy this finally reached mainstream news and got people angry. watching julien get banned from many countries gives me much joy. it feels a little bit like justice. wanted to kick his butt when he came to sydney. RSD have taken tonnes of their videos down, including one where RSD tyler admits to rape apparently and their facebook pages have disappeared, probably hidden. wish there was some way i could get those videos back.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2014, 3:30 am

TFW a PUA douchebag tries to use PUA techniques on you and you're just like "I have internet access, dipshit, I know exactly what you're doing".

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2014, 4:59 am

I don't usually post in the women's section, so I hope you don't mind if chime in.

Even as a man, I find this guy disgusting. His "techniques" include touching women without their consent and he did a demonstration of how to grab a woman by the throat and cover her mouth so that she wouldn't scream. That's just horrible and scary, not just your average so-called PUA type since sexual assault is also a thing for him.

Also, here's a blogpost about how he had his visa revoked while was in Australia:

http://wehuntedthemammoth.com/2014/11/07/good-news-abusive-pickup-artist-julien-blanc-kicked-out-of-australia/

Ectryon
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2014, 5:06 am

He's doing it for the headlines clearly. Katie Hopkins is the same. They both make controversial morally bankrupt statements and sit back and watch the sparks fly. Maybe he's a narcissist or maybe he's just a malignant attention seeker

My history on this forum preserves my old and unregenerate self. In the years since I posted here I have undergone many changes. I accept responsibility for my posts but I no longer stand behind them.
And He is the radiance of His glory and the exact representation of His nature, and upholds all things by the word of His power When He had made purification of sins, He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high Hebrews 1:3

Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2014, 6:52 am

He is definitely a jerk, but those women (asian or not) that let it happen or even go into it are even worse imo.

linatet
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2014, 12:09 pm

Right now this guy is trying to get into Brazil (my country). He plans to do some seminars here and it costs rs1500 a person.
the brazilian civil society is organizing signatures to pressure the immigration authorities to stop him at the airport. the campaign is getting really popular specially in social medias and we got more than 150,000 signatures so far.

Ectryon
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2014, 2:46 pm

You should let him in and register the name of all the guys who are willing to spend 1500 to see him speak. That would be a very useful list for a girl to have. 8)

My history on this forum preserves my old and unregenerate self. In the years since I posted here I have undergone many changes. I accept responsibility for my posts but I no longer stand behind them.
And He is the radiance of His glory and the exact representation of His nature, and upholds all things by the word of His power When He had made purification of sins, He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high Hebrews 1:3

1401b
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2014, 2:59 pm

Curious.
I know nothing about this guy, he and his whole "industry" sounds boring, but he's clearly touched a nerve.
Usually it's only a Truth Nerve that can get people going this hot n bothered.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, sometimes a controversial POV is worth exploring.

1401b
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2014, 3:06 pm

And, tellingly, that article doesn't allow comments.

Thanks OP for the heads up so I can save my 1500 bux. =)

Ectryon
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2014, 3:06 pm

1401b wrote:
Curious.
I know nothing about this guy, he and his whole "industry" sounds boring, but he's clearly touched a nerve.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, sometimes a controversial POV is worth exploring.

Dunno man throat grabbing and forced silencing just seem f****d from my perspective. Is this the truth of which you speak?

1401b
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2014, 3:10 pm

Ectryon wrote:
1401b wrote:
Curious.

Dunno man throat grabbing and forced silencing just seem f****d from my perspective. Is this the truth of which you speak?

Of course not. That's already blanddered about everywhere, truth is never that obvious, only drama is.

1401b
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2014, 3:13 pm

Of course there's also that pesky ole Freedom of Speech thingy that some "modern" countries are toying with.