Page 1 of 3 [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2020, 3:32 am

Whenever I try to take a selfie I have to add filters otherwise I look hideous on the camera; like a really tired 50-year-old she-man stoned on drugs. Are phone cameras designed to make you look ugly or something?

Also in every mirror I look different in. Some mirrors make my face look long and my eyes look tired. There is only one mirror I do look attractive in, and that's the small mirror that stands on the shelf in my bathroom. While I'm hanging on to the hope that that's what I look like always, I know that there's very little chance that this one mirror is the only mirror that reflects my face correctly.

Also my teeth are crooked at the bottom but I can't afford dental treatment to straighten them out, as it's classed as a cosmetic, so the NHS won't provide cheaper treatment. You can't really see my bottom teeth and they are not rotton or anything, just crooked, but my mum says that sometimes you can see them when I talk.

Also I've never got into the habit of putting on makeup or styling my hair each morning, even though I've got the time. All I put on is lipstick sometimes, and a bit of mascara if I'm going out on a special occasion. But otherwise I'm no good at putting makeup on. If I was a guy I wouldn't have to wear makeup and still be attractive. As a woman it seems that you are only attractive if you wear makeup. That's what my mum says anyway.

Dreamsea
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Feb 2020, 4:01 am

Have people ever called you unattractive? If not then you aren’t unattractive. People are pretty mean. If you were actually unattractive people would let you know.

Karamazov
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2020, 5:23 am

Just two little questions for you:

Does your boyfriend find you attractive?

Do male/lesbian colleagues regularly find excuses to talk to you at work?

Edit: responded because I recognised a problem I e struggled with before registering you’ve posted in “women’s discussion”.
Please consider my retreat to have been beaten with due haste.
:oops:

Last edited by Karamazov on 21 Feb 2020, 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2020, 7:00 am

Different people find different things attractive

You can't measure how attractive something is

Allegedly, conventionally attractive people get treated better than unattractive people. Allegedly.

You only have so much control over your appearance

Some people have diseases that alter their appearance

It is not their fault. However, sometimes someone treats them worse for it

Some people get cosmetic surgery

Not everyone can afford surgery

Surgery has risks

The solar system contains a lot of things to worry about.

Appearance is one thing to worry about

But there are many other things to worry about

Amity
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2020, 7:05 am

Do you want to feel more attractive as you are, or do you want to make yourself seem more attractive to others?
Or neither :D

Borromeo
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2020, 7:52 am

Joe90 wrote:
Whenever I try to take a selfie I have to add filters otherwise I look hideous on the camera; like a really tired 50-year-old she-man stoned on drugs. Are phone cameras designed to make you look ugly or something?

Also in every mirror I look different in. Some mirrors make my face look long and my eyes look tired. There is only one mirror I do look attractive in, and that's the small mirror that stands on the shelf in my bathroom. While I'm hanging on to the hope that that's what I look like always, I know that there's very little chance that this one mirror is the only mirror that reflects my face correctly.

Also my teeth are crooked at the bottom but I can't afford dental treatment to straighten them out, as it's classed as a cosmetic, so the NHS won't provide cheaper treatment. You can't really see my bottom teeth and they are not rotton or anything, just crooked, but my mum says that sometimes you can see them when I talk.

Also I've never got into the habit of putting on makeup or styling my hair each morning, even though I've got the time. All I put on is lipstick sometimes, and a bit of mascara if I'm going out on a special occasion. But otherwise I'm no good at putting makeup on. If I was a guy I wouldn't have to wear makeup and still be attractive. As a woman it seems that you are only attractive if you wear makeup. That's what my mum says anyway.

I had to laugh at the description--"50-year-old she-man stoned on drugs," but guess what, you're probably not in too bad of shape.

Ignore the crooked teeth. You're British. Lots of people have crooked teeth. I have them; I wasn't going to get braces because they cost a lot of money.

Phone cameras often pick up on blue lights and that makes people look dead. It's hard to take a nice photo of someone on a cellphone camera.

Also, you don't have to have makeup; if you like the look, however, then go for it. Experiment a little with your style if you want to.

All it really matters (for attractiveness, etc.) is that you find one man out there who likes you for you and then that is how love begins. You don't have to impress all the hundreds & thousands of others.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2020, 8:03 am

Borromeo wrote:
Ignore the crooked teeth. You're British.

Ignore his ignorance. He's American.

:D

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2020, 8:59 am

You may be taking selfies in harsh light. There is a "golden hour" at dawn and dusk when the natural light is very good at sunrise and sunset. There are even times when most of the light reflects off overhead clouds and is especially good for taking photographs.

Yes, I know that you don't really get the "golden hour" in the tropics.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2020, 9:09 am

Quote:

Yes I suppose.

Quote:

One or two men do tease me, as in banter with me, which I like. But the "alpha male" doesn't talk much to me.

Quote:
Edit: responded because I recognised a problem I e struggled with before registering you’ve posted in “women’s discussion”.

I don't know what you mean.

Quote:
Have people ever called you unattractive? If not then you aren’t unattractive. People are pretty mean. If you were actually unattractive people would let you know.

I thought NTs had social filters that make them lie to avoid hurting other people's feelings?
When I was being bullied by a couple of bitchy girls they said that they don't want to be friends with me because I'm ugly. But they were just trying to throw every insult they could at me because they were bullying me, so they might have not meant it literally.

I don't know. I just feel unattractive, probably because my 2 cousins both my age seem more attractive than me. One of them gets asked out by guys all the time even though she's a lesbian, and my other cousin has got naturally tanned skin and brown eyes and I always find that's attractive in people. I'm just pale with very thick brown hair that's difficult to style, and I'm not into tanning my skin. I need glasses but I'm scared to wear them because they might make me look more unattractive or nerdy or plain, and I have an eye condition that is advised not to wear contacts. So basically I'm screwed.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2020, 9:37 am

Aspies may not know when they are being socially offensive.

NTs typically know when they are. And they intentionally do that when they wish to bully someone.

You should wear glasses and not worry that they are making you look less attractive.
Making mistakes because you can't see is an even bigger turn off.

Karamazov
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2020, 9:57 am

Joe90 wrote:
Quote:

Yes I suppose.

Excellent! :D
That’s probably the only person you need to find you attractive on a daily basis.

Quote:
Quote:

One or two men do tease me, as in banter with me, which I like. But the "alpha male" doesn't talk much to me.

I was remembering back to being at uni: I did architecture and would be in the studio from 7:30am to 11pm 6 days a week, so I got to overhear and observe all the interactions: one thing I noticed was the girls the lads gravitated to banter with were the ones they said they found attractive when there were just men around.
(I don’t think they were trying to hit on them or anything, just enjoying a few minutes chat with a pretty girl for its own sake)

Btw:
Screw the alpha-male thing, it’s based on a forty+ year old paper on the habits of captive wolves that it’s own author asserts has been wildly misinterpreted.

Quote:
Quote:

I don't know what you mean.

I suddenly had retroactive doubts as to whether a man holding forth his outlook on a thread in the women’s discussion section was fully kosher and ok with everyone.

Dreamsea
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Feb 2020, 10:02 am

You have a boyfriend. Men do not form relationships with women that they consider unattractive. Why do you care what others think when you already have a man that loves you?

Quote:
But the "alpha male" doesn't talk much to me.

You already have a boyfriend though... Also people tend to hang out with those that are similar (looks, social status, financial).

Quote:
I thought NTs had social filters that make them lie to avoid hurting other people's feelings?
When I was being bullied by a couple of bitchy girls they said that they don't want to be friends with me because I'm ugly. But they were just trying to throw every insult they could at me because they were bullying me, so they might have not meant it literally.

I don't know. I just feel unattractive, probably because my 2 cousins both my age seem more attractive than me. One of them gets asked out by guys all the time even though she's a lesbian, and my other cousin has got naturally tanned skin and brown eyes and I always find that's attractive in people. I'm just pale with very thick brown hair that's difficult to style, and I'm not into tanning my skin. I need glasses but I'm scared to wear them because they might make me look more unattractive or nerdy or plain, and I have an eye condition that is advised not to wear contacts. So basically I'm screwed.

NT’s are very mean. If they perceive you as different many will purposely try to hurt you.

Other women bullying you for being “ugly” could be due to jealousy. You have a boyfriend and men aren’t mean to you. Let me tell you, men can be nasty towards “ugly” women. You are not ugly. Wear makeup if you want. Not sure what you are looking for....

Stop comparing yourself to your cousins and other women. Stop trying to be in competition with other women. There will always be someone “better”.

You seem like you crave lots of male attention. You want to be that girl that all the boys like. You already are in a relationship. Do you want multiple boyfriends? Why do you crave male attention so much when you are already in a relationship?

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2020, 10:14 am

I don't want to attract other guys like I did when I was single. But being in a relationship doesn't mean you should no longer care how attractive you are. It's all about self-esteem. I'm not intending to attract other guys. I just want to be as attractive as my cousins, because maybe I'll love myself more. I spend a lot of time with my cousins (they're like my mates), so it's hard not to compare myself to them. I bet my lesbian cousin is swimming in confidence because of all these guys asking her out - even though she's got a girlfriend. Even my brother's mates tell him how cute she is. But nobody has ever said "your sister's cute". I know my brother, if anyone did say that he would tell me.

Dreamsea
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Feb 2020, 10:21 am

Joe90 wrote:
I don't want to attract other guys like I did when I was single. But being in a relationship doesn't mean you should no longer care how attractive you are. It's all about self-esteem. I'm not intending to attract other guys. I just want to be as attractive as my cousins, because maybe I'll love myself more. I spend a lot of time with my cousins (they're like my mates), so it's hard not to compare myself to them. I bet my lesbian cousin is swimming in confidence because of all these guys asking her out - even though she's got a girlfriend. Even my brother's mates tell him how cute she is. But nobody has ever said "your sister's cute". I know my brother, if anyone did say that he would tell me.

You’re basing your self esteem on attention that you get from men.

Do your cousins wear makeup? How do they dress? Perhaps get a similar style to your cousins. You are at least average looking.

If you were “ugly” many people would have told you by now. You would have even been bullied for being “ugly” in school.

Borromeo
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2020, 10:33 am

smudge wrote:
Borromeo wrote:
Ignore the crooked teeth. You're British.

Ignore his ignorance. He's American.

:D

LOL yeah, but my teeth have been trying to apply for citizenship with you guys!

Dreamsea
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Feb 2020, 10:35 am

Also, are your cousins nice people? Perhaps you should tell them how you feel and ask for advice on getting men to find you attractive.

I still think as long as your boyfriend finds you attractive that’s all that matters. You only need one man for a relationship.