Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2019, 7:46 am

Recently I keep seeing targeted adverts either for hyper-feminine clothing, or men's shirts and t-shirts. Some in the latter category that I've seen are actually quite nice. The feminine dresses and skirts also appeal. I occasionally wonder what it would be like to mix the two looks together. However, if I were to start buying men's clothing I'd need to find clothes that fit my build more or less. I'm fairly small-chested and lanky for a woman, plus I have a rectangular body shape. However, I do have narrow shoulders.

Going for a slightly androgynous look is something I'm casually considering. Perhaps mixing quite feminine clothes with masculine items to some degree. My identity is still definitely cisgender female though. I'm not sure if I'm fully confident enough to experiment with my clothes as much as I'd like to. Maybe in a changing room somewhere to see what certain styles look like combined. I'd only buy a few things though (if I do end up doing so), considering the student budget I'm on.

Anyone else considering a change in style, such as this?

25. Near the spectrum but not on it.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2019, 8:54 am

Typically you would want to go down a size. Women's size medium is a men's small. If you are between sizes you want to go up half a size. Err on the side of too big. If you are small you may need to shop in the boy's department. Or realize that there isn't much for small men and just look for women's clothing with the styles you want. Boyfriend cut clothes may come close to what you want.

Last edited by BTDT on 19 Nov 2019, 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2019, 8:59 am

It’s possible to mix feminine with masculine clothes try wearing a men’s tee (plain or printed) with a fitted women’s jacket, women’s jeans, pearls and pink lipstick. I do that style from time to time on casual days. Footwear can range from athletic shoes, pretty ballet flats or combat boots.

If you like music fitted men’s band tees with a printed women’s hoodie, denim jacket or even a women’s tee with a men’s flannel always looks great.

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2019, 11:36 pm

Google “Annie Hall.”