Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

EnmaLionheart
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

30 Jun 2016, 1:19 pm

I've noticed since I've joined here that only the guys interact with me, not like it's a bad thing. I'm curious do I just make the females on here highly uncomfortable. This happens in real life as well I only have two girl friends in real life. Could it be the things I'm into or like, acting too NT for females on here or just I'm plain unapproachable for females to interact on here?

*goes back on phone thinking of first cosplay ideas*

Amity
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2016, 1:44 pm

I think its a standard experience here, there are more males than females, do you post in the off the wall &random sections?

Noura4eva
Toucan
Toucan

30 Jun 2016, 2:06 pm

I think it depends where you post and who it resonates with most.

Since coming here I have only spoke to one male and the rest have been female, and in life I
have only close family and no friends.

Its more about who your opinions or posts interest.

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2016, 2:19 pm

The gender ratio here is skewed towards males. Also, a lot of the males here do poorly with females irl, so if they can relate to one online it fills that void, especially if the female can relate to the autism issues they face. Point being it's just like the general population: the males are looking for female companionship, they WILL seek you out.

Being male, I make no claims as to why you haven't had more interaction with other females, merely pointing out why there's more male attention.

Ban-Dodger
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2016, 2:31 pm

You might just be over-analysing things. Back during a time when I went to school there were even a whole bunches of girls who seemed to want to automatically refer to me as her boyfriend if I even so much as looked in their direction. Therefore, when a male posts in the same thread as you, then you might be similarly mis-interpreting it as an inter-action. Some allegèd male-members may actually be female-members in-disguise but, like I have seen in video-games, they created a male-avatar to avoid drawing male-attention unto themselves.

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2016, 5:21 pm

Well, I like you and I think you're an awesome person. There's nothing wrong with you! :D

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

the_phoenix
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2016, 7:07 pm

Our paths have simply never crossed before.
You seem fine to me ...

screen_name
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2016, 7:13 pm

I doubt something is wrong with you.

This is my first time "meeting" you, but I took a long hiatus and just came back yesterday. You joined while I was away.

There are more men here than women.

I have been diagnosed with Aspergers and MERLD
I have significant chronic medical conditions as well

seaweed
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2016, 3:47 pm

there are lots of males hanging out in the post pics of yourself threads. found that out real quick haha my inbox has never been so full.

its true there are lots of guys here but women are hanging around too. its also possible you haven't known if someone is a woman because they haven't specified their gender on their profile...like mine. my avatar kind of gives me away though.

seaweed
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2016, 3:51 pm

Kuraudo777 wrote:
Well, I like you and I think you're an awesome person. There's nothing wrong with you! :D

kuraudo, you are so damn sweet all the time! like a happy little puppy :tongue:
just wanted to send you my appreciation for always stumbling upon some nice little thing you've written.

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2016, 4:09 pm

^Aww! That's so nice to see! :D It makes me all warm and fuzzy.

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2016, 8:39 pm

There are almost as many women here as men. I inclined to think that it's about 50:50.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2016, 10:37 pm

Most of my friends have been guys. I just get along better with them.

But you don't seem at all unapproachable to me.

Why does it matter which sex you interact with online? Hell, there's no way to prove what sex anybody really is. Or age. Or anything. that's why it doesn't matter. It matters if you want female friends and can't make any. I'm not that great at making female friends and that is fine with me. I get along with certain gals and they are my friends. if I wanted more female friends than male friends it would bother me. If that's what's going on with you, then asking girls you know in real life about it. Also ask your guy friends what makes you different than the other girls, so you can then figure out why most girls don't hit it off with you.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2016, 7:33 am

EnmaLionheart wrote:
I've noticed since I've joined here that only the guys interact with me, not like it's a bad thing. I'm curious do I just make the females on here highly uncomfortable. This happens in real life as well I only have two girl friends in real life. Could it be the things I'm into or like, acting too NT for females on here or just I'm plain unapproachable for females to interact on here?

If there is thing I have noticed about real life female Aspies it's that they ALL seem to be surrounded by males and rarely with other women. I personally tend to get along better with women and I usually end up with most of the people responding to my posts being female. I don't see anything wrong with that: my Grandfather was about as stereotypically male and fiercely loyal at his wife as you can get yet always hovered around the women's table at social gatherings.

It always puzzled me how I could get along so well with women (particularly mothers) yet have such a fail rate when dating. Luckily those days are behind me. On the plus side, I am better equipped to understand and deal with 'female' problems at this stage of my life.