Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

ocdgirl123
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2016, 8:44 pm

Hi,

I've heard that if your ring finger is longer than your index finger, you are masculine, rather than feminine, even if you are female and then that you are more likely to be a lesbian.

My ring finger is longer than my index finger, but I don't think I'm very masculine (though I'm certainly not a girly girl) and I'm straight (technically demi-sexual heteroromantic, but it's easy to just say I'm straight).

Is this even possible?

Here is the Wikipedia article on the topic: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digit_ratio (too lazy to look for a medical one)

Canadian, young adult, student demisexual-heteroromantic, cisgender female, autistic

hm76
Butterfly
Butterfly

15 Sep 2016, 11:52 am

This is an interesting one - I have a more masculine digit ratio and would never describe myself as a girly girl. I also like extreme sports, am musical and am bisexual, all of which have also been linked to this. The reason I find it interesting is that from personal experience it doesn't seem to be a clear cut thing, all the women in my family have got this ratio and two of them are very girly (although one is a physicist, so perhaps that's where her brain is more masculine). Also I know some lesbians with masculine finger patterns and others without. It does seem to be connected with so many different traits perhaps that is the issue, it shows itself in so many different ways and is therefore obvious in some cases and not in others, guess I don't know really!

goofygoobers
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2016, 8:28 pm

My index finger is longer than my ring finger

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2016, 8:46 pm

My index finger is longer than my ring finger, and I don't think I'm very masculine, but not very feminine either.

TheForeverMan
Toucan
Toucan

20 Sep 2016, 8:57 pm

That's like the ol' myth of penis size being reflected by shoe size :lol: :lol:

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2016, 1:52 am

ocdgirl123 wrote:
Hi,

I've heard that if your ring finger is longer than your index finger, you are masculine, rather than feminine, even if you are female and then that you are more likely to be a lesbian.

My ring finger is longer than my index finger, but I don't think I'm very masculine (though I'm certainly not a girly girl) and I'm straight (technically demi-sexual heteroromantic, but it's easy to just say I'm straight).

Is this even possible?

Here is the Wikipedia article on the topic: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digit_ratio (too lazy to look for a medical one)

Digit ratio applies to the right hand specifically.

AnaHitori
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2016, 8:03 pm

My index finger is longer, but I am a tomboyish lesbian.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2016, 10:42 am

My index finger is definitely shorter than my ring finger. I'm not a girly girly or feminine, I am sort of a mix. I'm asexual and biromantic with a leaning towards straight.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2016, 11:37 am

I have this too, I'm female and my ring finger is longer than my index finger.

But I've always been one of those people who feel so heterosexual that it's bland, lol. I'm contendedly asexual now in my older stage of life, but in my life before, boringly straight -- all my thoughts, fantasies, romantic interest and sexual turn-ons have been about men and the male body.

Generally in other matters, I'm half girly, half not; I've always taken a natural inclination/ interest in looking nice, in a pretty way while being comfortable, yet I've never been a fashionista or girly to that extent.

I don't paint my nails, my hands are always messed up like a gardening enthusiast's because I deal with animals and mud and farm feed, lol, but I still get my eye caught by a pretty top in a sale. Half girly, half not!

At the same time, some of my interests have been ones more heavily populated by males -- I spent many years of my life being a musician at amateur and semi-professional level and would be looking at guitars and amps and recording equipment in stores alongside bunches of guys. I wasn't a total technical head like the guys were -- I just cared if the items sounded right, but I did have a "masculine" interest in sound recording and a few technical bits and bobs like that.

I also do DIY -- I like to be capable of small repairs around the place, I can paint interiors and change fuses and do minor stuff that men more usually do. I once repaired sheetrock and changed a toilet ballcock! I like to know stuff like that because it's just practical.

But over all I think I'm more girly than the finger ratio thing seems to dictate.

dianthus
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2016, 3:10 pm

My ring finger is longer on my left hand. On my right hand they are about the same length. Growing up I was not very girly at all, a bit more of a tomboy, but I also liked boys and was really kind of boy crazy. Later on I realized I could be attracted to women too and I thought I might be bisexual. But I have never had a strong physical sex drive towards females like I have towards males and I can't imagine myself ever having a relationship with a woman. I like the male anatomy and male scent and I just don't feel that way about females.

In general I just feel more comfortable around men, or being in male dominated environments. If being exposed to more testosterone in the womb causes this digit ratio, maybe it also makes us keep trying to recreate the feeling we had in the womb in one way or another.

How many of us have this digit ratio, and also have hormonal imbalance and/or menstrual problems?