"...allowing men into the workplace was a huge mistake"

Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

slave
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2017, 10:16 pm

"......leaves only one conclusion: The long experiment of having men in the workplace has failed.

Let's start by asking an important question: Is it even natural for men to be in the workplace in the first place? It is well known, for example, that men are not good with money. Companies run by female CEOs perform better in the stock market, and women are better at both saving and investing. "

"It feels uncomfortable to assume that male irresponsibility with money is a biological trait. But with their higher salaries and disproportionate representation in business schools and and boardrooms, men have been given every opportunity to succeed in the corporate world by now. Many industries have essentially operated decadeslong(sic) affirmative action programs for men."

" We must ask ourselves, do men really have judgment and intellectual abilities to be entrusted with our most important resources?

But let's give men a generous benefit of the doubt, and chalk all of this up to male incompetence, rather than malice. You might be able to make the case that if we just put strict limits of their leadership opportunities, we could avoid banning them from the workplace entirely. Sadly, however, it has now become clear that many men are not just incompetent but also dangerous."

"....Many male workers are also simply too emotional to thrive in the modern workplace. They struggle with anger, jealousy, and pride; they are easily distractible and prone to tantrums. And have I mentioned the "constant sexual harassment" issue yet?

Now, it's important to remember that some male behaviors, like drinking Soylent and playing Nerf basketball in the office, are nothing more than harmless quirks of their sex. But in other cases, a man's "adorable" childishness—his tendency to tweet angrily at other world leaders, for example—can actually be dangerous. It's simply not worth the risk to entrust men with real power.

..........These failures have cost employers tens of millions of dollars in legal fees and settlements, and harmed tens of millions of women. Think of all the financial and emotional damage that could have been avoided if men simply stayed home where they belong.

While certain exceptional men are able to control their weak natures and rise to the challenge of behaving appropriately in the workplace, it's time to do what's right and end this grand experiment before anyone else gets hurt."

Source:http://www.businessinsider.com/ban-men-from-workplaces-2017-10

How do you regard Ruth's opinion?

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2017, 1:40 am

Bigoted

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2017, 1:45 am

sounds like the article was originally talking about women, and someone switched the pronouns and genders plus minimal editing.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

slave
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2017, 2:59 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Bigoted

I appreciate your succinct reply.

:D

slave
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2017, 3:02 am

Kiprobalhato wrote:
sounds like the article was originally talking about women, and someone switched the pronouns and genders plus minimal editing.

From a quick scan of Ruth's articles, this does appear to be consistent with her views.

Are you suggesting that she plagiarized another author?

traven
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2017, 3:24 am

making an opposite statement to show the ridicule position of the other

irony
2 a :the use of words to express something other than and especially the opposite of the literal meaning
b :a usually humorous or sardonic literary style or form characterized by irony

Temeraire
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2017, 3:35 am

It looked like it was written with humour.

Not copied - just pointing out opposites.

slave
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2017, 3:53 am

traven wrote:
making an opposite statement to show the ridicule position of the other

irony
2 a :the use of words to express something other than and especially the opposite of the literal meaning
b :a usually humorous or sardonic literary style or form characterized by irony

ty :D

slave
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2017, 3:53 am

Temeraire wrote:
It looked like it was written with humour.

Not copied - just pointing out opposites.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2017, 4:34 am

Men do do too much of their thinking with "the little head, and not with the big head". That much is true.

Maybe we should never have given them the vote! :D

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2017, 6:26 am

Laughable and surly meant to be taken as such.
It does at least have us thinking about sexism against men which doesn't get much attention.

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2017, 3:12 pm

Satire. Very pointed satire.

"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people," said the man. "You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides."
-- Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

slave
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2017, 1:49 am

naturalplastic wrote:
Men do do too much of their thinking with "the little head, and not with the big head". That much is true.

Maybe we should never have given them the vote! :D

:D

slave
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2017, 1:52 am

fluffysaurus wrote:
It does at least have us thinking about sexism against men which doesn't get much attention.

Do you see sexism against men in our society?

Example(s)?

I ask b/c there are ppl that may not know what you are referring to.

slave
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2017, 1:52 am

Esmerelda Weatherwax wrote:
Satire. Very pointed satire.

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2017, 6:16 am

slave wrote:
fluffysaurus wrote:

Do you see sexism against men in our society?

Example(s)?

I ask b/c there are ppl that may not know what you are referring to.

The vast difference in suicide rates is just accepted. Male rape in prison is still spoken of as a joke eg ' don't drop the soap'. When earnings are compared lower wages for women are highlighted (rightly) but there is no comparative who gets to spend the most time with the children.

I am a HUGE reader and some heroines have been the victim at some point in life, but I have not read a single story in which a man who has been abused goes on to be the hero of a story, we're still stuck with the ridiculous idea that a real man would have saved them selves.

I don't believe there is more sexism against men but I do think it goes unmentioned because it's not politically correct, but at the end of the day we are all just individual people, advantage and disadvantage aren't evened out across each sex. Very often being female or male can be an advantage to someone if they're willing to use that advantage (not very nice people) most people of both sexes don't.