designed to keep you from running

And What if
after all that
women still wanted you
to love them.

-- Carol Diehl

(Source:
Carol Diehl's Art Vent)

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2019, 8:52 am

I'm not a political person but I still think that's brilliant.

What if
every time you had sex, you stood the chance of getting pregnant
or being abandoned as a single parent for the rest of your life?

What if
the media photoshopped all men to make them have immeasurably perfect looks
and you were compared to them, day in and day out?

What if
you were called dirty words after being sexually active
but insulted as a prude if you didn't put out?

What if
some of your friends taunted or teased you as a bad parent, because you go to work?
... and others called you lazy, because you stay home to raise your children?

What if
Autism assessments were all swayed toward women, and the "feminine brain theory" ?
What if you were told you couldn't be autistic because you weren't feminine enough?

No offence to men. I think men are great -- but this is a very clever article, Fnord. Thanks!

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2019, 8:56 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
... this is a very clever article, Fnord. Thanks!
Oh ... don't thank me, it's someone else's creativity in action. Your additions to it were brilliant, though!

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2019, 9:19 am

Oh and how could I forget

What if
Your birth control pills caused you to gain so much weight, your partner would leave you?
Your birth control put you at increased risk of stroke, heart attack, and blood clots?
To avoid the above, you could have a steel coil surgically embedded inside your penis?

What if
You have no access to performance enhancing drugs (Viagara) because they're only for women?
Women teased you if your body didn't appear to be virginal?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2019, 9:23 am

That "steel coil" comment made me cringe.

8O

Here are my contributions...

What if
the medical profession was dominated by women, especially in research, diagnostics, and treatment
and those same medical professionals considered your entire physiology to be defective when compared to theirs

What if
your emotions and feelings were dismissed as mere expressions of your male hormonal state, and
your thoughts, opinions and complaints were ignored because they did not originate with a woman

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2019, 10:10 am

What if
Every time you had a child, you were at risk of losing your job?
Your boss insinuated you would be promoted faster, if you had no children?
To avoid children, you face the birth control Catch 22 stated earlier?

What if
You bleed heavily into your clothing and on your bedding, for at least 1/4 of your adult life?
Women laugh about this phenomenon and tease you when it happens?
It hurts, but who cares?

What if
Female doctors push you to have your entire reproductive system removed, by knife?
They put you on hormones that make you gain 50 pounds, after removing your organs?
The surgery removes all your testosterone ... so you'll feel better?
Your lack of testosterone makes it very hard for you to get aroused, or have a sex drive?
Then, women consider you a eunuch because you have no male hormones?

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2019, 2:31 am

What if
You had to always suffer while waiting in a long lines to pee in public places while women could just walk in and immediately relive their urges?

What if
What if you had to endure hours of increasing urgent painful “holding it” until you got home due to disgusting toilets while women could could use the urinal or if worse comes to worse find a semi private outdoor space behind a building/dumpster etc?

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2019, 5:18 am

What if
You had to risk your health and life to have biological children?

This, of course, is in no way men's fault (unless you believe in a male God of course; then that jerk's to blame), but it is a disadvantage that women have but men never will.

Peta
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Oct 2019, 7:08 am

What if
You were kept at home wrapped in cotton wool not allowed to go out alone cause afraid you get attacked

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2019, 8:35 am

What if
you were not allowed to date until you were 18
even then
your curfew was 8:00 pm and
your sisters' curfew was midnight

What if
you were not allowed to drive because
they say
boys have too many accidents and
your sisters have driven since
they were 14

What if
every birthday and holiday gift you ever received
focused on housework and raising children and
your sisters got sports equipment, tools and toy guns

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2019, 8:43 am

Thanks for starting this thread, Fnord. Great theme, great posts.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2019, 12:00 pm

What if
It was ok to say “You cook like a boy”

What if
Mens clothing is more expensive then women's clothing even for the same item?

What if
It was common practice for women to call men “baby” or “babe” even when they do not know them?

What if
A #MeToo movement is needed primarily for men?

What if
If men that have an active sex life with a number of partners were considered sluts, whores, and gold diggers while women who have active sex lives with a number of partners were considered a “player”, a “Gentleman woman” or just women being women?

What if
You are an autistic man but getting a diagnosis is harder because the diagnosis is based on presentation in young girls? What if because of this you feel the need for second and third opinions and people accuse you of “doctor shopping” and “attention seeking”. What if your autism is often denied even after diagnoses because you are not like Temple Grandin?

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2019, 12:24 pm

Apologizes for sounding like a troll as that's not my intention (I am married to a feminist and largely agree with the list) but I could just as easily write a list of ways men get discriminated against that women in general don't get. For a quick example, I recently lost out on a lucrative promotion to someone vastly underqualified and I am 99.9% convinced it was solely because she is female (not that she isn't doing a good job). I also found it interesting that when I first graduated university and was looking at administration/secretarial jobs to start my career that everyone I knew who had a female or ambiguous first name with identical credentials always had far more interviews and are far more advanced in their careers even with children. This is not a knock against women as my first job I was one of only 2 males to 16 females and I was never treated with anything less than respect and I tend to work better with female bosses.

Some of these even apply to guys, at least to this male.

* I couldn't leave the house alone because I was regularly attacked as a child and teenager by a gang of thugs and rather than arrest them for assault I was blamed for "being a target". The police even told me it was a 'school problem' even though it happened in broad daylight on a public path. It wasn't just boys either.
* One of my former employers requires men to wear pants but women got to wear shorts even in brutally hot conditions. I nearly got heat stroke one day working in near 35C temperatures. Even my current employer allows women far more comfortable options than men.
* I had bladder/bowel problems as a child but since I wasn't female I was told to "hold it in" because boys don't need to use the bathroom suddenly. Let's just say that lead to a lot of trauma, bullying and ridicule.
* I was sexually assaulted both as a teenager and as an adult and was basically told that I should have enjoyed it and should consider myself lucky. Good luck getting anyone to take you seriously as a tall male.

Sure men are generally physically stronger but that's meaningless when nearly everyone takes the woman's side in a physical altercation. Heck, at work many years ago woman sucker punched a male guard, caused significant damage to his eye area (could have permanently damaged his eye) and not only were they not charged but faced no discipline whatsoever and left on their own accord while the guard was transferred away. I even saw a situation where a drunk woman assaulted a security guard and a cop, was immediately wrestled to the ground and handcuffed and a number of men attacked the arresting officers (I never knew my city had so many cops: they must have sent 30 cars!). I can't imagine that happening if a male did that to a female officer. I could go on but in my experience both men and women experience discrimination, just in different ways.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2019, 1:40 pm

Please stay on-topic.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2019, 1:54 pm

What If
women positioned themselves to
look down your shirt
or
up your inseam
every time you sat down

What If
women dropped things
in front of you only
to get a closer look
at your crotch

What If
you discovered pictures
on the Internet
of you
on the toilet
taken by
your girlfriend

AquaineBay
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2019, 10:18 pm

I don't think the men that do these things "don't get it" I think that they just don't care. I also wonder as to what exactly this thread is suppose to accomplish? Some of the stuff mentioned such as men being stronger, we can't actually do anything about it. It just brings up a thing that just "is", and make you feel bad for it existing in the first place.

Some things here are also stuff that we literally have NO control over. Some of these things as I looked at this thread made me feel bad because I was a man. I know these things are real but, what can you really do about any of it until it actually happens?

I'm all for helping women's issues(as well as men) but, somethings there is really nothing you can do about it. We can help alleviate some of the pain but it won't go away(and if it did most likely then new problems will begin). Since we can't control it, it just starts to come off as a passive-aggressive way of blaming people for something that really you can't do anything about it and now you have something that's(most likely) just going to hang over your head for the rest of your life.

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
and Wisdom to know the difference."

Last edited by AquaineBay on 16 Oct 2019, 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.