Page 2 of 12 [ 178 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next

txfz1
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2022, 5:29 pm

So for the never cry crowd, not even in a depression? Not even if you were drunk the day your mama got out of prison, and you had to drive to pick her up in the rain, then she got run over by the damn old train?

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2022, 5:31 pm

cyberdad wrote:
The only thing that makes me cry is music

Yes, and books. Or the occasional TV commercial with little kids and grandparents.

I'm pretty much defective.

Depression doesn't feel like "sad". Depression feels like a void. ^

txfz1
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2022, 6:39 pm

I don't know if it's just me or what, unexpected tears for me is a sign I'm going into a depression or I've not eaten my dark chocolate. When I'm depressed, I also feel the voidness.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2022, 6:39 pm

Music when combined with film (e.g. sad movie), can make people cry even when the words are lost in translation or unintelligible in a foreign language and even when the people look totally unfamiliar or unrelatable.

Try watching this and see if it makes you cry

Doberdoofus
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2022, 6:41 pm

Joe90 wrote:
How do men manage to not cry much?

Repression.

Don't be so eager to be offended. The narcissism of small differences leads to the most boring kind of conformity.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2022, 6:47 pm

I don't watch a lot of movies but you're right - movies can do it for me, as long as I'm alone.

Examples
- Dumbo (Baby Mine)
- Huffalump Movie (Little Mr. Roo)
- Steel Magnolias (Sally Field funeral rant)
- Stella (Bette Midler / daughter fight)
- Dead Poets (The mother at the end)
- Patch Adams (funeral scene)
- Frosty the Snowman (when he melts with Karen)

I could go on.

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2022, 6:49 pm

I think we might underestimate how much things make us cry. We (males) might repress the memories, so it doesn't seem as much.

Yeah, movies have a powerful effect. I remember as an adolsecent, i had like a emotional growth spurt, and movies could make me emotional all of a sudden, this was when i was like 12 or so, actually felt weird that i could feel more emotions, i felt i was going crazy, felt like superman when he lost his powers "I can bleed now! look at me, i'm bleeding! What is this?".

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

txfz1
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2022, 6:52 pm

No, not really, low empathy here. When she was crying, I remembered my own sadness but felt none of hers. The process is I go into a single focus mind when trying to determine the feels. To make the connections with other people feels, I need to be in the double focus mind-frame to both recognize and respond.

My Octopus Teacher was my last tear jerker, Ole Yellow was the first.

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2022, 7:00 pm

Movies that touched me emotional as a kid.

Land before time ( very very sad, even if they were cartoon dinosaurs )
My girl (shocking death)
Casper (sad)
Flight of the navigator (weird and trippy effect on me)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (when Rapheal nearly died...lol)
Lion king (sad death)
Bambi (sad death)

That's all I can recall right now

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2022, 7:23 pm

txfz1 wrote:
No, not really, low empathy here. When she was crying, I remembered my own sadness but felt none of hers. The process is I go into a single focus mind when trying to determine the feels. To make the connections with other people feels, I need to be in the double focus mind-frame to both recognize and respond.

I almost mentioned My Octopus Teacher. Yup - that too.

txfz1
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2022, 7:26 pm

I remember watching Bambi and feeling shocked when the mom was shot. My Girl was also a shock and maybe some leakage.

txfz1
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2022, 7:28 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
txfz1 wrote:

I almost mentioned My Octopus Teacher. Yup - that too.

PBS has a nature or nova or something that I caught a portion of the documentary in the same theme. One in the house tank watches TV.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2022, 7:31 pm

My Girl
Mrs Doubtfire
Penny Serenade (custodial court scene)
To Kill a Mockingbird (Atticus final speech)
Finding Nemo

Lion King - The whole thing. The whole soundtrack. Too many memories.

Anything from Les Mis but especially Bring Him Home (Colm Wilkinson), and all Fantine's songs.
Live theatre ^ but has also been done on film

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2022, 7:56 pm

I find My girl particularly fukkd up, specially as i was around that age when i watched it.

:heart: :heart: :heart:

Image Image Image

Macaulay dying was like a kick to the stomach. I didn't know i had that many tears in me. Seriously i remember it vividly, i was watchin it alone, late at night. I was like 10,11 years old. I was afraid i was turning into a woman, it hit me so hard. That plot twist. lol. Deeply troubling.

:skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull:

Also the intro to Lion King too. :o :(

txfz1
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2022, 8:40 pm

Did you have a shutdown? I ask because I'm thinking Bambi is a minor one for me.

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2022, 8:47 pm

Me? shutdowns, I remember tears running down my face, over my girls tragic innocent romance, also some other movies. But shutdown no. Shutdown to me , is like when somebody you know dies. Movies, it's just vicarious.

Last edited by theprisoner on 17 Jan 2022, 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.