Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

christinejarvis21
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

15 Jul 2023, 8:57 pm

Hi all,
I'm so happy. Today I went to Marshalls to try and find a pair of sandals I could wear to work in my job as an instructional aide at one of the local schools. Well, not only did I buy a pair of sandals, I also wound up buying 3 pairs of shorts and 4 pairs of shirts!! ! And the best thing was they were all my style very flowy, and bouncy, and roomy, and breathable!! ! So, I didn't have to get a size bigger to feel not suffocated by the shirt, this has never happened to mme before and every time I go shopping I usually end up very discouraged, but today I ended up extremely happy. So, I think I have my found my clothes shop if thats the only one that sells these type of styles. Don't end up getting discouraged and giving up if you're having trouble with clothing yesterday I felt like I was too picky and no stores had my type of style, but I now know that I have at least one store that I can consistently go to.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2023, 9:07 pm

What are pairs of shirts?

Congrats on finding clothes that you like. I hope you avoided denim.

christinejarvis21
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

15 Jul 2023, 9:26 pm

I did avoid denim they're silk or silk like shorts. And the shirts are just ones that are designed to be flowy and loose.

christinejarvis21
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

15 Jul 2023, 9:31 pm

Sorry I meant 4 new shirts.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2023, 10:36 pm

christinejarvis21 wrote:
Hi all,
I'm so happy. Today I went to Marshalls to try and find a pair of sandals I could wear to work in my job as an instructional aide at one of the local schools. Well, not only did I buy a pair of sandals, I also wound up buying 3 pairs of shorts and 4 pairs of shirts!! ! And the best thing was they were all my style very flowy, and bouncy, and roomy, and breathable!! ! So, I didn't have to get a size bigger to feel not suffocated by the shirt, this has never happened to mme before and every time I go shopping I usually end up very discouraged, but today I ended up extremely happy. So, I think I have my found my clothes shop if thats the only one that sells these type of styles. Don't end up getting discouraged and giving up if you're having trouble with clothing yesterday I felt like I was too picky and no stores had my type of style, but I now know that I have at least one store that I can consistently go to.

Marshalls, hmm perhaps I will see if there is one of those around here, I do want to get some more clothes and get rid of some of my old ones I don't really wear anymore. I have also been sort of changing my style as a teen I was just dressing like a boy or at least a tomboy...but that doesn't really fit me so I have kind of been getting more into like more feminine clothing but it is a bit challenging to find stuff that fits more into that but is still comfortable to wear...because I do prefer comfortable clothing so I like to find things that seem a bit more stylish but still are comfortable to wear.

That said its possible this is a one time style that next season they wont have anything like it, as clothes stores like that do periodically switch out styles and put similar but different things out the next time around. So sometimes you find clothes you really like but they don't come back the next season. I have certainly felt like I found 'my store where they have all the right things', but then next time I look for clothes that same store has nothing that appeals or if they do it's only in too big sizes that wont fit me.

TenMinutes
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2023, 12:07 am

I like my shirts tight and my pants loose. But the shorts I actually wear out in public are yoga shorts, so not loose. I like to wear shirts fitted for athletic use, and I like mom jeans or yoga shorts, I guess. The hardest thing to fit is the mom jeans.

ANd shoes. I hate shopping for shoes.