What advice do you have on "overly large" breasts?

Page 1 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

CageAquarium
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

15 Aug 2007, 9:17 am

First off, I am a guy but before the admins/mods hit that ban button, hear me out guys: I don't want to tell a woman how to do anything or any of that but do need women's opinions on another woman's problem.

My girlfriend of a year and a half has had an issue with big breasts. When she was in high school they were C cups and manageable for her but, when she turned 20ish they began growing rapidly. They have expanded to fill out a 36F cup (around a 40 inch bust, if my math is correct) and recently she said she is worried because they have grown another inch rendering her bras uncomfortable again. She jokes that she always wished they'd get bigger in high school but now regrets it because they are causing all kinds of problems for her. She already has a problem with one of her ribs requiring a chiropractor visit every once in awhile and I am worried it will get a bit worse now with the extra front weight.

Have any of the ladies here dealt with this personally or had an aunt/cousin/daughter/etc who has dealt with this? Are there ways to ease the pain and the wear and tear this extra weight puts the body through? A special kind of doctor to see about this or maybe some sort of special, space age, bra fabric that the average person doesn't know about that makes sporting these things more comfortable for the owner?

For now I will accept any help with this. I feel she is too embarrassed to ask anyone for help, even in the anonymity of the internet so I decided to ask for her. I have asked her if she has talked to anyone but she says she always forgets and dodges the question when asked on a few occasions (something that has occured before and which I have learned to interperet as "What you are asking me to do is personally uncomfortable for me. Please drop it.")

Thanks in advance for any answers.

Nan
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2007, 11:00 am

Top question - has she seen any medical profesional? She needs to. Perhaps she can just mention it as part of her normal physical (if she has annual physicals)? Just to make sure something's not making her hormones go berserk. If she's genetically predisposed to that size, she'll have to take some measures to prevent pain later in her life.

I would strongly urge her to invest the extra money in a few really good, supportive bras and to get new ones when the old ones wear out (say, twice a year). Wide, cushioned straps will be a plus. There are companies that will special-fit foundation garments for your girlfriend. She's not going to be able to buy much off-the-shelf, given her size. You might check to see if there's a custom-fit place locally. It's been a while since I've been shopping, but Sears used to have a line of "woman" plus sized bras - she might find one there although I kind of doubt it. You might want to warn her that they're gonna look like "granny" bras, as that's kind of how it goes. Lace and frills in the larger sizes are not something she'll find at Sears. Actually, though, at that size, if it is an option, I'd advise her to go with professionally made and fitted garments.

I've had friends who have had similar problems, from about the same age, who ignored them and now have disc and almost constant nerve problems in their backs from the extra weight. I've also got at least one acquaintaince who did go the "professionally fitted support" route, who has no significant problems.

My daughter has a friend with a similar problem as your girlfriend,and from about age 15, and they are looking into reduction surgery, as even the insurance company considers it a disabling condition. Can't run, can't really walk fast, any jolt (going over a pothole while riding in the car, etc.) hurts her, she has constant back pain, limited positions in which to rest, hormone cycles wreaking pain/havoc with her every month, and on. I don' t know that your friend would want to go that route if she's ever planning to have children, as her ability to nurse could be compromised, but it's always an option.

Nice of you to check for her.

Last edited by Nan on 15 Aug 2007, 11:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

computerlove
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2007, 11:06 am

Hi, I've heard some women talk about it. There is breast surgery available for that, not only for enlargement.

BeautyWithin
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Aug 2007, 6:31 pm

She should talk with her doctor about this.... the doc will probably check her hormones and check to see if there's any underlying cause.

In the long term she may consider breast reduction surgery if it really bothers her.

Starbuline
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2007, 12:36 am

she might benefit from a breast reduction. my aunt had it because her breasts were so large, she had severe back pain and her bra straps would dig into her shoulders, causing marks.

Pandora
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2007, 8:30 am

Mum had a friend in school who had to have a breast reduction operation because of the pain in her back and shoulders from her extra large breasts. Some years later, this lady's older daughter had to have the same operation.

I think anybody above DD might need to consider breast reduction but I realise it is financially out of everyone's reach and is a big decision to make since all surgery carries some risks. Mum's friend and daughter never regretted their operations and wish they'd had them done sooner, but it is a matter to discuss with a qualified person.

For some reason, there seems to be quite an increase in women with plus size boobs - could it be all the antibiotics fed to cattle and chickens to make them grow faster? That could also explain the increased incidence of "man-boobs" in recent years.

Hold your heads up high.
"Western Girls" - Dragon

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2007, 8:33 am

lastwish wrote:
you gf has boobs that big and its.. its.. a PROBLEM?

If you came in here to be smart, grab your things and CLEAR OFF.

BazzaMcKenzie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2007, 1:43 am

Don't eat factory farmed chicken - full of growth hormones.

Seriously.

Sheila gets sore/tender breasts after eating chicken.

The_Chosen_One
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2007, 6:08 am

hale_bopp wrote:
lastwish wrote:
you gf has boobs that big and its.. its.. a PROBLEM?

If you came in here to be smart, grab your things and CLEAR OFF.
Yeah, nobody likes somebody who acts like a turd.

Karma decides what must happen, and that includes everyone.

ForFlorence
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

28 Sep 2007, 1:41 pm

A cousin of mine had one and was really happy with it. She was having back problems and they were kinda just getting in the way, lol. I have the same problem and have considered it before and will probably end up getting one eventually, I'm afraid i'll miss them though :lol: .

My common-law-mom is currently consulting a physician due to back problems as well.

Deefor4
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Sep 2007, 2:27 pm

Another possibility she might like to look into, that might make her more comfortable, is a minimiser bra; they keep everything well supported and nice and close to the chest wall, so there's less drag on the shoulders and back. I did try and Google a page or two for you, but all the sites I came up with seemed to be for the UK, and I see you're in the US, but try Googling "minimiser bra" anyway; you might find something in your neck of the woods. Also, the pictures I found mostly showed quite attractive bras, which makes a nice change - most bra manufacturers seem to assume that once you get above a D cup, you're quite happy to wear something with more scaffolding in than the Golden Gate bridge...

ForFlorence
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

28 Sep 2007, 2:57 pm

Deefor4 wrote:
Another possibility she might like to look into, that might make her more comfortable, is a minimiser bra; they keep everything well supported and nice and close to the chest wall, so there's less drag on the shoulders and back. I did try and Google a page or two for you, but all the sites I came up with seemed to be for the UK, and I see you're in the US, but try Googling "minimiser bra" anyway; you might find something in your neck of the woods. Also, the pictures I found mostly showed quite attractive bras, which makes a nice change - most bra manufacturers seem to assume that once you get above a D cup, you're quite happy to wear something with more scaffolding in than the Golden Gate bridge...

Thanks for the suggestion, I've never heard of "minimiser bras" before. It is nice to see attractive bras for bustier women as well as quality support. I've been so frustrated before I've actually contemplated binding :oops:

Has anyone here had a bra fitting before? The idea makes me a bit nervous 8O esp. with AS awkwardness...

Triangular_Trees
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2007, 8:23 am

I second the opinion on seeing a doctor- they shouldn't be growing that fast when she's that age.

For me, I find it best to not wear a bra at home. And to never wear a bra for a full day (thats what gives me the most back pain). I prefer sports bra, btu I've read that bras with individual cups are the best as they limit up and down, and back and forth movement significantly more (assuming you have one that is tightly fitting)

Rynessa
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Oct 2007, 7:11 pm

I wish I could sell my surplus breast tissue to some silly girl who wants bigger boobies.
I could make a lot of money.
Seriously, though, sometimes I feel like Jacob Marley, doomed to carry breasts instead of chains.

shopaholic
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2007, 6:14 am

Me too (38F!)

Triangular_Trees
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2007, 7:54 am

Pandora wrote:
For some reason, there seems to be quite an increase in women with plus size boobs - could it be all the antibiotics fed to cattle and chickens to make them grow faster? That could also explain the increased incidence of "man-boobs" in recent years.

its been proven that the large breasts, and early puberty, goign around in America are caused by a diet large in fats, ie eating at Mcdonalds. Heck, I grew up eating cattle and pigs (from our farm to butcher to our table) that weren't fed antibiotics or special food, and i still have excessively large breasts.