Pure trivial topic... plus size swimsuits

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

irishwhistle
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2007, 1:20 pm

I'm a big lady these days, size 22 in swimwear, but I want to be able to play with my kids in pools and ocean. Fact is, I've got this mom body but still the mentality of a kid... I don't like having to think "lady" when I want to get into the water and I want to build sandcastles and play. I don't like having to think "lady" usually anyway. I wear dresses on Sundays and that's sort of like playing dress-up. Once church is over I want out of the uncomfy stuff and back into play clothes.

But swimwear... ugh. I sure as heck can't enjoy my playtime if I'm obsessing about everyone around me laughing at the fat lady. I've been teased too much in my lifetime to forget the rest of the world is watching me. I have found less popular beaches but in Summer that really won't exist...

Well, I have a lot of swimwear issues the designers just don't address. I've got a big bust that needs lots of support, post-maternity gut (spew) and chunky thighs. I figure a swimdress will fix most of this, and I can pretty much forget about my chubby arms since no one covers those well enough...

But here's the question... look at this suit and tell me... what's holding her up, science or nature?

http://www.swimsuitsforall.com/products ... _id=100000

If it's science, suit design, I can buy this thing and play in it. If it's nature, the suit may not be up to the task. In which case I'll have to pick out a granny suit and like it, for the so as to hide behind the pattern. There are nicer ones, but... well, I really need to try one on and I never have the time. So I have to guess from photos.

I may just get a suit and shorts. These stupid little scraps of cloth just cost so much, but I have a fancy to look female on the beach while I play. Guess I'm asking too much of one suit.

schleppenheimer
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2007, 1:29 pm

Just my humble opinion (and hey, I'm a size 16, so I have an idea of what you're going through)

THAT'S ONE HECK OF A GOOD-LOOKING SUIT!

I think that would be a lot better looking than most of the plus-size granny suits I've seen. If you want to look like a girl but in a plus-size, I think you've found the right suit!

Kris

KaliMa
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2007, 1:54 pm

Hey, that's a really nice looking suit you found!

I'm 45, went braless for 10 years (except for work), and take a size 20, so nature is no help to me at all :lol:. I wear jogbras all the time nowadays, no underwires or anything, but a racer back, and they support me just fine, so it is possible. That model looks young but busty, so she probably is getting some support from the suit.

I'd go for it if I were you.

Pandora
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2007, 7:51 am

abby1013 wrote:
well now youve all made me feel like a big fatass. haha. i cringe whenever i see someone my size in unflattering swimwear. i mean its ok to be big, but youve gotta know how to do it. im not big on fashion, so i just do what feels comfortable and hides the rolls. i wear an all black suit with basketball shorts to cover my thighs. sometimes i wear a tshirt over it too. i may not look girly, but im self confident enough to go on the beach with everyone else.
I rarely swim (don't want to get sunburnt) and have a bit of a tum so usually wear size 14-16 swimmers with a T-Shirt over the top.

Hold your heads up high.
"Western Girls" - Dragon

dawndeleon
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2007, 12:06 pm

I like the one pictured. its cute and playful... dont know if the soft cups would do it or not, but they really help and no one can see through it with that

Aerin
Raven
Raven

25 Sep 2007, 1:57 am

I always likes the swimsuits with the skirts, even when I was little. They remind me of ice skating dresses. I just stick with tankinis now, even though my religion is against two-piece suits. The tankinis just seem to cover more and with safety pins, they don't float up. I like all of your suggestions for swimwear. My grandmother swims in old real clothes because she is ashamed of how she looks. I think she is way more conspicuous swimming in regular clothes than in a swimsuit or swim clothes of any kind. I liked all the swimsuits on those links, they look fantastic.