Asperger's Syndrome as D&D Character Alignment

Page 2 of 6 [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Mage
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2008, 8:13 pm

Chaotic Neutral. I think I played that in D&D too, though it's been like 15 years.

anbuend
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2008, 8:31 pm

I generally get chaotic-good or occasionally neutral-good on such things.

Chaotic because I don't believe that any human framework of rules can possibly account for enough situations for me to trust it, and my constant attempts to keep people from viewing the world too much through what I call "mental widgets" (i.e. mental systems of rules that overrule actual perception of the world). :)

Good because I care greatly about people's welfare (above most other things, in fact) and try my best to promote it.

And I'm not remotely histrionic. :roll: You seem to have confused level of rule-boundness with level of calmness.

Oddly enough, D&D alignments are the only personality-typing widget-systems of the like that I've ever not had much trouble placing myself on. Also, I think the worst (i.e. most effective) sociopaths are lawful-evil, like Hitler.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2008, 9:15 pm

Based on your answers to the quiz, your character’s most likely alignment is Chaotic Neutral.

Chaotic Neutral

A chaotic neutral character follows his whims. He is an individualist first and last. He values his own liberty but doesn’t strive to protect others’ freedom. He avoids authority, resents restrictions, and challenges traditions. The chaotic neutral character does not intentionally disrupt organizations as part of a campaign of anarchy. To do so, he would have to be motivated either by good (and a desire to liberate others) or evil (and a desire to make those different from himself suffer). The common phrase for chaotic neutral is "true chaotic." Remember that the chaotic neutral character may be unpredictable, but his behavior is not totally random. He is not as likely to jump off a bridge as to cross it. Chaotic neutral is the best alignment you can be because it represents true freedom both from society’s restrictions and from a do-gooder’s zeal.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

CrushedPentagon
Raven
Raven

21 Apr 2008, 10:05 pm

I didn't take the quiz. I didn't like the questions. When I played D&D, I insisted on being lawful good. That is how I saw myself at the time and how I wanted to be.

TheRani
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

21 Apr 2008, 11:13 pm

Based on your answers to the quiz, your character’s most likely alignment is Neutral.

Neutral

A neutral character does what seems to be a good idea. She doesn’t feel strongly one way or the other when it comes to good vs. evil or law vs. chaos. Most neutrality is a lack of conviction or bias rather than a commitment to neutrality. Such a character thinks of good as better than evil. After all, she would rather have good neighbors and rulers than evil ones. Still, she’s not personally committed to upholding good in any abstract or universal way. Some neutral characters, on the other hand, commit themselves philosophically to neutrality. They see good, evil, law, and chaos as prejudices and dangerous extremes. They advocate the middle way of neutrality as the best, most balanced road in the long run. The common phrase for neutral is "true neutral." Neutral is the best alignment you can be because it means you act naturally, without prejudice or compulsion.

I find that this might be accurate for me. I respect laws and follow them, but actually upholding the law is something I consider to be other people's job. Also, many of the situations involved in the questions tend to involve lots of drama, and I avoid drama whenever possible. Invasions? Plagues? Assassinations? Court cases? Danger? No Thank You. I always keep my promises, but I don't tend to make them very often. I'm not some kinda balance-loving psycho who decides, "Okay, I volunteered at a nursing home today, so tomorrow I think I'll be cruel to animals. Next week I'll do some charity work at a homeless shelter, and then I think I'll burn the place down.." I'm just the sort who's content to live life in peace and tranquility wherever possible, and let the drama be somebody else's problem. I'll share my food with you if you're starving, but I'm totally not going to jail for you.

gbollard
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2008, 12:12 am

I just got Neutral - not lawful or anything. Does that mean I don't give a .... ?

Quote:
Neutral

A neutral character does what seems to be a good idea. She doesn’t feel strongly one way or the other when it comes to good vs. evil or law vs. chaos. Most neutrality is a lack of conviction or bias rather than a commitment to neutrality. Such a character thinks of good as better than evil. After all, she would rather have good neighbors and rulers than evil ones. Still, she’s not personally committed to upholding good in any abstract or universal way. Some neutral characters, on the other hand, commit themselves philosophically to neutrality. They see good, evil, law, and chaos as prejudices and dangerous extremes. They advocate the middle way of neutrality as the best, most balanced road in the long run. The common phrase for neutral is "true neutral." Neutral is the best alignment you can be because it means you act naturally, without prejudice or compulsion.

ev8
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Apr 2008, 1:28 am

true neutral

Pithlet
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Apr 2008, 1:52 am

Lawful good.

chocolate_kitties
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

22 Apr 2008, 2:42 am

The test says I'm neutral but I've always seen myself as chaotic neutral.

Woodpeace
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Apr 2008, 4:41 am

I did the test three times and got Neutral (for which the common phrase is true neutral) each time.

But for some of the questions none of the answers accurately expressed my beliefs, or what I would actually do in the circumstances, so I chose the least inaccurate.

samtoo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2008, 6:15 am

hmm I got true neutral. :? I definately favor good over evil no doubt, but I guess I'm stubborn.

Odin
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2008, 8:26 am

I find the poverty of posters of Good alignment compared the the number of Neutrals to be sad. Where is your compassion, people? :(

Sora
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2008, 8:35 am

Quote:
Chaotic Evil

A chaotic evil character does whatever his greed, hatred, and lust for destruction drive him to do. He is hot-tempered, vicious, arbitrarily violent, and unpredictable. If simply out for whatever he can get, he is ruthless and brutal. If he is committed to the spread of evil and chaos, he is even worse. Thankfully, his plans are haphazard, and any groups he joins or forms are poorly organized. Typically, chaotic evil people can only be made to work together by force, and their leader lasts only as long as he can thwart attempts to topple or assassinate him. The demented sorcerer pursuing mad schemes of vengeance and havoc is chaotic evil. Chaotic evil is sometimes called "demonic" because demons are the epitome of chaotic evil. Chaotic evil is the most dangerous alignment because it represents the destruction not only of beauty and life but of the order on which beauty and life depend.

--excerpted from the Player’s Handbook, Chapter 6

Not helping the good vs. evil balance obviously.

QuantumToast
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

22 Apr 2008, 10:19 am

I've got both Lawful Good and Chaotic Good on these D&D quizzes before...

I'd imagine being Aspie just makes you more likely to be Lawful... I seem to go back and forth between the L and C, personally. Chaotic always seemed better to me, though.

anbuend
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2008, 10:54 am

Odin wrote:
I find the poverty of posters of Good alignment compared the the number of Neutrals to be sad. Where is your compassion, people? :(

I wondered same here. I find the idea that autistic people don't care about people to be really strange, as most autistic people I know do care about people. Caring about people isn't the same as caring about weird social drama.

Grimfaire
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Apr 2008, 11:17 am

As expected... Chaotic Nuetral... I've my very own set in stone ideals and they don't really correspond to societies.