Page 2 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

cataspie
Toucan
Toucan

27 May 2008, 10:29 am

I used to like making noise that sounded like the cheering at a football match by breathing loudly,it was quite soothing.I used to sit on my bed doing that for hours.

Odin
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2008, 3:09 pm

I like nature sounds.

craola
Toucan
Toucan

27 May 2008, 5:03 pm

Today I realised just how much I HATE tapping (unless im doing it) and whistling.
They to me are the complete opposite of comforting noises, they really get me so het up I can't cope.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2008, 5:18 pm

NUTLOG wrote:
0_equals_true wrote:
I love hard rain outside my window.

I hate rain hitting on my window, had that last night, couldn't sleep. I hear every individual droplet with intense clarity and I can't block a single one out, it occupies far too much of my mind. It's fine when I'm not trying to concentrate on something or when I'm not trying to sleep, but otherwise it's very annoying for me.

Not hitting window just raining hard. Fair enough if you don't like it. It is vary particular. I have the sound of sweeping and you could even say they have some similarity. I don't like ticking, clicking noise like pipes or beeps.

nothingunusual
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2008, 5:45 pm

veruniel wrote:
I like white noise, whether it's wind and rain or the sound of my fan. I'm also soothed by soft music such as Gregorian chants.

Oh, I adore Gregorian chants!

One of the other things I just thought of. I hate when people drop things, the sound of items hitting the floor. Especially when I'm the one who's dropped said item. It really unnerves and upsets me like nothing else.

amouramarie
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

27 May 2008, 9:59 pm

In the summer when I bring the air conditioner up from storage and turn it on, I find the loud humming so pleasant I always have a hard time turning it off, even if I have to put on extra socks or wrap up because it's getting cold. I also live right by a train yard, and I love the noises they make when they bang into each other. The sound rumbles across the city and it makes me smile. I also love, love, love airplane engines. Anything low and rumbly that you feel in your chest.

I don't like irregular noises that go on for a long time, things that have no pattern to anticipate. Like tv from another room, someone else typing, or birds in the morning. It throws me out of whatever I'm doing and I can't think.

As for noises I make myself, for years I used to do wolf howls. Not so much because it was comforting, but more as an expression of joy. Weirded my mom out. :P

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2008, 10:15 pm

My favorite songs and the sound of a cat purring

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2008, 10:28 pm

I love leaving my window open at night, so I can hear the wind blowing through the trees and listen to cars drive by (Don't worry, nobody's going to come through the window and attack me while I sleep - I'm on the second floor of a very big house. :) )

I also love the sound of rain hitting a closed window. Sometimes I hear frogs croaking, too, and I know I will hear crickets later in the summer. As far as 'industrial' noises go, I enjoy the sound of the washing machine.

asperity
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

28 May 2008, 12:37 am

The sound of owls calling to eachother in the night. I just love owls. Sometimes a bunch of them hoot like crazy, must be mating season when they do that? It sounds like an owl party.

northern_light_girl
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 May 2008, 12:41 pm

no such thing as conforting noise...the most comforting, soothing thing -SILENCE! :)

jamescampbell
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 May 2008, 7:10 pm

i hate squeaky baloon noises but i love the sound of old video game music.

Silver_Meteor
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2008, 9:40 pm

My favorite was when I was in the bathtub and I put the back of my head beneath the water so I could hear the sound of the water coming from the faucet underneath the surface. It depends on the white noise. There was one CD with rain falling that I found very peaceful when I wore earphones.

oscuria
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2008, 10:01 pm

Qanun...and sometimes rain.

nettiespaghetti
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 May 2008, 10:06 pm

I like the sound of the furnace when it's on. It's just annoying to me that it has to kick back off so I can't listen to it monotonously. Same thing with the refrigerator, enjoy the sound until it turns off and then that annoys me...lol I absolutely have to sleep with a fan on or I can't sleep, although I guess many people sleep with a fan so that's not so strange.

t0
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2008, 10:24 pm

I like the sound of running water - streams, fountains, ocean waves, etc.

I also have a pretty strong emotional memory connected with music. I'll listen to the same song over and over until the emotion I have associated with the particular song overwhelms what I'm feeling at the time.

rockycathedral
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

29 May 2008, 1:18 am

Soft wind through the trees, a gentle rain on the roof, favorite songs, the dryer, the washer especially the wash and spin cycle, a weed whip as long as it is not too high pitched, sometimes a lawnmower and my own humming when things are a little desperate.