Page 4 of 7 [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

history_of_psychiatry
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2009, 8:07 pm

(The contents of this post has been removed by the Church of Scientology.)

Blueice
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Jan 2009, 8:09 pm

I wonder if Jett Travolt had epilepsy??

Last edited by Blueice on 03 Jan 2009, 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

snuuz
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

03 Jan 2009, 8:55 pm

The results of the autopsy on Jett Travolt have yet to be released, but if he indeed died because of seizure condition known to his parents that was not treated by medications, then I think the Travoltas should be held criminally negligent. I really don't know much about Scientology except that they oppose administering psychiatric medications and believe their rituals can cure mental disorders. I've never heard, however, that they would oppose medicating known conditions such as seizure disorders. If indeed they withheld medications because of religious beliefs, this is certainly no defense.

I really hope this is not the case, because seizures are usually successfully treated by a wide variety of medications. In any event the death is a terrible tragedy and the Travoltas do strike me as parents who care very much about their children.

rushfanatic
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Jan 2009, 9:01 pm

AlexS wrote:
rushfanatic wrote:
Fiz wrote:
Drowning? Now that is messed up. Seriously.
Oh, there is so much more. I am reading both the Scientology stories, (of children who escaped from the religion), and then back to Wrongplanet...Very , very powerful organization here. Those who attempt to leave usually end up murdered. And yes, drowning is very common among the victims. I am not trying to be an investigator here, but it looks more and more suspicious to me.

Your statement is BS.

"Those who attempt to leave usually end up murdered."

Name one person murdered because they tried to leave. (other than in your internet fueled imaginings!)
Why so bitter to me? Look up research on scientology, and you will learn of the first-hand accounts of people trying to leave, and of those who died very mysteriously under the control of scientologists. Your contemptuous ignorance does not belong here. Research and understand first before you post..

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2009, 11:02 pm

Mage wrote:

As for the actual cause of death, if it was simply having a seizure and hitting his head on the bathroom tile, that is not a suspicious or unusual cause of death. It happens quite often, to both the famous and unheard of. I've been as careful as I could with my own health, but one morning I passed out in the bathroom, hit my head quite hard, but luckily I regained consciousness on my own and was able to get help. Others are not quite so lucky.

Someone else mentioned neglect as the most likely real issue here, and I have to agree, based on what I'm reading. If you have a developmentally impaired (*) child prone to seizures, you shouldn't be leaving him unsupervised from Thursday evening (when it is believed he hit his head in the bathroom) until Friday morning (when he was found). Someone dropped the ball.

* I'm going with the term developmentally impaired because that seems to be the only thing agreed / known about the child.

Postperson
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2009, 11:13 pm

well according to the daily mail, jett had his own suite at the home (ie his own bedroom and bathroom and possibly a living room) so that would be part of the problem - the family is saying they think the seizure happened in the morning, they had a room monitor and the bathroom had a chime (when the door is opened) and the nanny claims to have checked on him during the night, which is why they think it happened in the morning. it seems like the nanny/caretaker just wasn't in the right place at the right time ....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... reams.html

Mage
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2009, 11:49 pm

DW_a_mom wrote:
Mage wrote:

As for the actual cause of death, if it was simply having a seizure and hitting his head on the bathroom tile, that is not a suspicious or unusual cause of death. It happens quite often, to both the famous and unheard of. I've been as careful as I could with my own health, but one morning I passed out in the bathroom, hit my head quite hard, but luckily I regained consciousness on my own and was able to get help. Others are not quite so lucky.

Someone else mentioned neglect as the most likely real issue here, and I have to agree, based on what I'm reading. If you have a developmentally impaired (*) child prone to seizures, you shouldn't be leaving him unsupervised from Thursday evening (when it is believed he hit his head in the bathroom) until Friday morning (when he was found). Someone dropped the ball.

* I'm going with the term developmentally impaired because that seems to be the only thing agreed / known about the child.

The article I read on CNN said he had a seizure and died at 10am. Nothing about being left overnight. http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/Movies/ ... index.html

DeLoreanDude
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2009, 5:01 am

KenM wrote:
DeLoreanDude wrote:
I blame that stupid cult he is in, it's so obvious that they are behind this.

I agree. Indirectly they are responsible. I think it was Scientoligys anti medication stance that hurt JTs son and that may have helped his condtion. They kept him from getting better.

If you do some research into Scientology's previous actions which include more than a few murders then you will see that it's plausible that they are directly responsible even! 8O

Padium
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2009, 8:29 am

Anyone heard the story of the schizophrenic woman who gave all her money to scientology, and to treat her schizophrenia was given a tape to listen to while in a hotel room alone dying of starvation and cockroach bites?

rushfanatic
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Jan 2009, 9:01 am

AlexS wrote:
rushfanatic wrote:
Fiz wrote:
Drowning? Now that is messed up. Seriously.
Oh, there is so much more. I am reading both the Scientology stories, (of children who escaped from the religion), and then back to Wrongplanet...Very , very powerful organization here. Those who attempt to leave usually end up murdered. And yes, drowning is very common among the victims. I am not trying to be an investigator here, but it looks more and more suspicious to me.

Your statement is BS.

"Those who attempt to leave usually end up murdered."

Name one person murdered because they tried to leave. (other than in your internet fueled imaginings!)
I noticed this was your very first post here on Wrong Planet, and you only joined January 3, 2009.What a meanie. Respect others , please.

KingdomOfRats
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2009, 12:07 pm

sounds like neglect,someone who has uncontrolled seizures like Jetts [whatever the cause] should have waking night support to make sure nothing bad happens,he also should have had a safety helmet to protect his head from damage during falls or bangs.

>>>help to keep bullying off our community,report it!

kleodimus
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2009, 12:57 pm

rushfanatic wrote:
I am just sickened by this. John Travolta denied to the very end that his son had autism, instead saying he had a form of Kawasaki disease. This is so sad.So sad. One way to get rid of his baggage, as his scientology religion forbade him from seeking treatment for his son. He won't have to care for his son's needs anymore, as if he was just a burden to them. Oh, my heart is so sad now...Rest in peace, Jett.

he has lost his son...he will never hold him again...never hear his voice....never have a laugh with him...never see his eyes open...never see him smile...never see his son live up to adulthood...and never see him for a long time...and for you to make out that he thought of his only son as a burden especially at this time is a very cold thing to say.

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2009, 1:39 pm

It depends on whether he really did see his son as a burden, or whether he truly loved his son and thought he was doing the best possible thing to help him. I'd be much more sympathetic to a misguided father than a neglectful one.

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

Unknown_Quantity
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Jan 2009, 2:25 pm

Here is a very good article that sums up what I feel about the case.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-storie ... -21013277/

For those who are still unaware of how Scientology could have affected the outcome of Jett Travolta's life one way or the other, I recommend you read this.

Scientology makes Autism Speaks look positively saintly.

rushfanatic
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Jan 2009, 3:01 pm

kleodimus wrote:
rushfanatic wrote:
I am just sickened by this. John Travolta denied to the very end that his son had autism, instead saying he had a form of Kawasaki disease. This is so sad.So sad. One way to get rid of his baggage, as his scientology religion forbade him from seeking treatment for his son. He won't have to care for his son's needs anymore, as if he was just a burden to them. Oh, my heart is so sad now...Rest in peace, Jett.

he has lost his son...he will never hold him again...never hear his voice....never have a laugh with him...never see his eyes open...never see him smile...never see his son live up to adulthood...and never see him for a long time...and for you to make out that he thought of his only son as a burden especially at this time is a very cold thing to say.
No, nno, no..please do not misunderstand me here. I , too, lost a son 12 years ago( he was stillborn ,the next day was our 10th anniversary), it devastates one to the very soul..... However, with John Travolta being a scientologist, he was programmed to see his son as being 'defective" in the eyes of the Scientology world. When Jett had a melt-down that was witnessed by others he sharply snapped to the caretaker, 'Take care of that immediately" or to those words. He distanced himself from that precious child. I have an autistic daughter, 19, with moderate mental retardation. I love her dearly and am by her side constantly, when she is not in school.. I would never snap to someone else to "take care of her immediately", I would be hands-on with her. He chose his religion over all else. Even If Kelly knew deep in her heart that he was autistic, she would NOT have been able to crusade for him, for he was labeled, "defective" by the Church of Scientology. I weep for this child, Jett Travolta,dear reader, I weep for him.I am not the cold one here. The church members who rule their followers are the cold ones, not me. I need to make that totally clear..........Do me a favor, please, and spend 15-20 moments reading about Scientolgy and the dangers of being involved in that cult.The more I see how controlling it is, how they separate them from loved ones, take all of their finances away from them, libel, slander, and threaten those who wish to leave, it just gets so creepy.That's my 2 cents, I'm going to cool off for awhile.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2009, 7:12 pm

Postperson wrote:
well according to the daily mail, jett had his own suite at the home (ie his own bedroom and bathroom and possibly a living room) so that would be part of the problem - the family is saying they think the seizure happened in the morning, they had a room monitor and the bathroom had a chime (when the door is opened) and the nanny claims to have checked on him during the night, which is why they think it happened in the morning. it seems like the nanny/caretaker just wasn't in the right place at the right time ....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... reams.html

Thanks for the new details. They do change things. All I had read before was "last seen entering the bathroom Thursday night" and "found Friday morning."